Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Micro SD card stuck

Reaction score
Anyone else have an issue with the sd card getting stuck in the ST16 controller? How'd you deal with... replacement???

You might need to undo the screws on the back, don't forget to remove the battery first plus I did read under the rubber handles on the back there is two hidden screws on either side. A tip in the future someone recommended on another post was to turn the controller upside down so you don't loose the card while inserting.

Personally I'm glad I don't haf to mess with it all the time.

Personally I'm glad I don't haf to mess with it all the time.

I thought mine was stuck but I used another micro sd card to press it a little further and it released. Have to use that or some other way to push it down each time I want to remove it. Not that useful as it wants to "format" the card when you insert one even though its been mounted before. Easier to transfer telemetry data another way IMO. Wish I could find a pdf reader so I could keep the manuals on the controller. Since its not a certified android tablet you can't install stuff from the store.

Mine seems to stick but I use a fine tip tweezer to lever it out of the slot. Haven't tried pushing it deeper into the slot to see what might happen.

Formatting the card is not a bad thing and is rather common in regular photography to assure a card is clear of old or corrupt files.

Yea but I'm talking about taking the card out of the cam and trying to read that. You don't want to format a card full of video. I fooled around with it the other night trying to figure out the magic combination but so far no go. Can't figure out how to copy multiple files at one time either which is painful with the telemetry files there are lots of them. You could probably do it with long fingernails I keep mine chopped off so I had to use something else. Those micro sd slots are all like that. You push in to release the card. The only ones I've seen that aren't are in phones. For some reason the ST-16 sees a card with data on it as blank. A little icon of a sd card shows up at the top corner of the file manager screen. You pull that down to see the options. Haven't tried a card with data on it to see if it actually formats it or not yet. Once "formated" you go into settings to mount the beast. Then it shows up at the bottom of the file manager. To copy a file you need to tap the icon at the right hand side of the filename select copy then hit the square on the left side to switch over to the ssd and hit paste at the bottom. So far I've not been able to copy more than one file at a time but you can copy the whole directory over to the SD card. Not familiar with android so there might be other ways to go about it. Much easier to attach usb cable between your computer and ST-16 then it looks just like any other disk.

Anyone else have an issue with the sd card getting stuck in the ST16 controller? How'd you deal with... replacement???
I just received the new ST16 model from Yuneec. Micro SD cards go in and out nicely. However, if you're not paying attention you can still put a card in at an angle and get it stuck. You'd have to take the back off the ST16 to get the card out.

Maybe check the posts before you ask a question... It'll save you time...I notice you joined recently and this topic came up a long time ago.

I did do a search for the word stuck and didn't find anything but I remember reading something about someone with the same issue plus I read on youtube that people were having the same issue with no solution so...

Last edited:
Actually, I can get the card in and out now. Maybe it just needed to be broken in or something lol. However, I do have to kind of shovel it out with my fingernail a little but its no big deal. Initially, it would get stuck and to get it out I had to use a really thin knife to like raise it. but I was always able to get it out, just to clear that up. It wasn't "permanently" stuck. I mention this because I read somewhere online that someone had to take his to like a hobby or store or something to get his out.

One weird thing is that when inserting it I have to push it in twice to be able to get it out with a third push, but at least I can get it out without having to use some kind of object. Hopefully, it'll break in some more lol

Yea but I'm talking about taking the card out of the cam and trying to read that. You don't want to format a card full of video. I fooled around with it the other night trying to figure out the magic combination but so far no go. Can't figure out how to copy multiple files at one time either which is painful with the telemetry files there are lots of them. You could probably do it with long fingernails I keep mine chopped off so I had to use something else. Those micro sd slots are all like that. You push in to release the card. The only ones I've seen that aren't are in phones. For some reason the ST-16 sees a card with data on it as blank. A little icon of a sd card shows up at the top corner of the file manager screen. You pull that down to see the options. Haven't tried a card with data on it to see if it actually formats it or not yet. Once "formated" you go into settings to mount the beast. Then it shows up at the bottom of the file manager. To copy a file you need to tap the icon at the right hand side of the filename select copy then hit the square on the left side to switch over to the ssd and hit paste at the bottom. So far I've not been able to copy more than one file at a time but you can copy the whole directory over to the SD card. Not familiar with android so there might be other ways to go about it. Much easier to attach usb cable between your computer and ST-16 then it looks just like any other disk.
You can transfer the files by using the USB cable connected to your computer.

Hello @that1guy. I know you solved your issue but here is a link to a thread I started a while back with the same issue, but my microSD slot is broken. I will be sending back both my Typhoon and the ST16 next week to Yuneec Europe for multiple quality issues I'm having.:mad:
How to open ST16 Tx?

You are right Chris. These cameras and ST 16s need some breaking in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval