Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mission planning on laptop

Reaction score
You can program your flights with Q Ground control v3.2.4 on your laptop. Save the file to your desired location. Connect the ST16 to laptop and copy file to your internal storage-Datapilot-Missions.
Click on mission soft key then sync, load from file, choose your file and change the survey camera to witch ever camera your using.

You can program your flights with Q Ground control v3.2.4 on your laptop. Save the file to your desired location. Connect the ST16 to laptop and copy file to your internal storage-Datapilot-Missions.
Click on mission soft key then sync, load from file, choose your file and change the survey camera to witch ever camera your using.

Have you tried it? If you have tried it, can you please try Mission Planner? Thx

Have you tried it? If you have tried it, can you please try Mission Planner? Thx

Will try the missions next week as I can't load the maps to check the location is correct when I power on.
But I have loaded two missions this way and the look right on the ST16 and you can adjust them and save them.

Reactions: arruntus
Will try the missions next week as I can't load the maps to check the location is correct when I power on.
But I have loaded two missions this way and the look right on the ST16 and you can adjust them and save them.

Understood, when you try if you comment on it, I'd be fine.

Thank you :)

Understood, when you try if you comment on it, I'd be fine.

Thank you :)

It works great a few tweaks needed on my part getting the right settings but it flew the exact mission and on rtl it landed within 300mm or 1 foot for our American friends from the takeoff point

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
The desktop version of DataPilot has yet to be released. But in principle it seems that the DataPilot does not yet have circular missions that are indispensable for inspection of communication towers or "lonely" buildings for example. Being able to do it in the PX4 flight planning software such as QGroundControl or Mission Planner is a big advantage.

If we then add the Pix4Capture we will have many options where to choose which is always good :D:D

Reactions: flyingkar7
The QGC is identical to the ST so I would expect that all the features in it will be in datapilot when it's released.

so that explains why I find the QGC path in mavlink in the advance menu. I wonder right now must wait for my controller to be fully charged then connect h520 to laptop and start q ground control and see what happens. Love to see if I can use virtual joystick or better yet the laptop keyboard.

I have only used mission planner, not familiar with QGroundControl. Any preference on one or the other from those experienced with both?

I suggest you use DataPilot, which is now available from the Yuneec website. It's very closely based on QGroundControl but has been updated to know about the specific cameras etc. available on the H520.

I suggest you use DataPilot, which is now available from the Yuneec website. It's very closely based on QGroundControl but has been updated to know about the specific cameras etc. available on the H520.
Thank you good to know

Does anybody believe this will be ever be available/compatable the typhoon H ? if not, @Tuna will you be able use/hack/adapt this to work on our H's?

Does anybody believe this will be ever be available/compatable the typhoon H ? if not, @Tuna will you be able use/hack/adapt this to work on our H's?
It appears not. To compensate (partially) Yuneec announced the Thphoon Plus at CES last week. It now offers the 20mp camera but it's not the E90. I think they named it the C23 and while very similar the cameras are not interchangeable.
The flight controllers in the H520 and the Typhoon are dissimilar and there's the rub.
The H520 is unique (he-he) with it Mavlink oriented controller that provides a very capable platform. It's potential is enhanced accordingly but we are looking at a relatively new product. I'm sure Yuneec hears all the banter for a few additional features I hope they're devoted to polishing the 520.
While they look very similar, the differences are overwhelming.
Consequently the two will remain unique.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy