Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MOTOR ERROR

Reaction score
I flew my H yesterday with no problems, but today I launched and noticed a visible speed issue with one motor, I hovered for a few seconds to see if there was a problem and then it went into 5 motor error mode, I landed no problem but wasn't sure which motor gave the problem. I tried to start again but errored instead... all motors turn freely with finger, nothing binds.
Question: how do I check which motor is giving an issue or could it be just a glitch?
thanks

Hi. I just replied a few minutes ago,It just disappeared. Maybe I forgot topost. Ya it's too hot even here in Michigan. Download and try the gui and do a motor test with props off. You can use search method and there are plenty of threads on the GFI. Keith C.

All motor errors are recorded in the flightlogs on ST16. Reviewing flight logs makes it easy to identify the affected motor by motor number.

Typhoon H_Motor Reihenfolge.png

Problem may happen again. I would check affected motor for mechanical problems, debries inside and the plugs on the ESC board.

br HE

Thanks for the info, I've never looked into flight logs on the ST16, are there any tutorial video links floating around ?
I didn't see or feel anything different within the motors, I started it with blades and noticed one did not even start, I ordered a motor/arm assy while still available, hope to get it soon, the local Yuneec repair shop in Dallas no longer works on them, they've sold out to Mavic so I don't even have a shop to refer to.
Thanks for the info,

Thanks for the info, I've never looked into flight logs on the ST16, are there any tutorial video links floating around ?
I didn't see or feel anything different within the motors, I started it with blades and noticed one did not even start, I ordered a motor/arm assy while still available, hope to get it soon, the local Yuneec repair shop in Dallas no longer works on them, they've sold out to Mavic so I don't even have a shop to refer to.
Thanks for the info,

Hopefully it’s the motor, but sounds like it could be the electronics if it doesn’t even try to move.

Loose plug is a possibility, if the connectors are not the locking type. (I don’t recall if the power leads are connectors or solder joints.). Perhaps worth checking while waiting for the motor to arrive.

Good luck!

Jeff

Ordering a new arm is a fair bet. If the ESC has failed. it's a new main board.

I was afraid it could be something else (electronics) but the motor/arm replacement seemed simple troubleshooting and if it's not I can use an extra arm someday, it seems they aren't making the Typhoon H anymore so spare parts might be good to stock up on... waiting on the new part then I will let you know if it fixed the problem, I'm just disappointed that the hex-drone I bought isn't as cutting edge as I had hoped, being discontinued sucks...

Thanks for the info,
Instructions to download the FlightLogs are in the document found in this thread Way To Fix Drones project. You can upload the resulting zip file and we can analyze it to find a possible cause.

I was afraid it could be something else (electronics) but the motor/arm replacement seemed simple troubleshooting and if it's not I can use an extra arm someday, it seems they aren't making the Typhoon H anymore so spare parts might be good to stock up on... waiting on the new part then I will let you know if it fixed the problem, I'm just disappointed that the hex-drone I bought isn't as cutting edge as I had hoped, being discontinued sucks...

Many opinions, but from some viewpoints, considering what has been released by competitors, the H [ed.] could still be considered cutting edge.

Still is in my book anyway.

Jeff

Last edited:
Many opinions, but from some viewpoints, considering what has been released by competitors, the H faintly could still be considered cutting edge.
It was cutting edge, 4 years ago. Today this plattform (and I add H Plus, H3, H520) misses sensors to the ground. Real Sense was not the answer.

However, I like my H and my Thunderbird as well as (older) Q500. I like to control the stuff by myself, so old-style is good enough for me.

br HE

Reactions: NWSaint
Okay today I can FINALLY give y'all an update on my motor error, I received the motor I ordered finally and installed, it's fixed... I launched and it hovered just fine with all the motors working well, held the hover for 4 minutes then landed.
Thankyou all for the great info and replies, that is what makes this forum so beneficial...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval