Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor/ESC Wiring Issue

Reaction score
Hello Friends!
My Typhoon H Pro arrived yesterday, and after an evening of studying the flight manuals and a morning of foggy flying, I went out to fly my H and found that the second motor clockwise failed to activate. Putting my hand on it as the H was booting up, I was able to feel it doing it's pseudo-speaker beeping, but when the motors were armed, it would not spin up.

Daft me decided to try and see if I could force it to go, by increasing the throttle. This resulted in one broken and one scuffed propellers. Sitting myself back home, I discovered a thread similar that had a motor that would not spin up properly. The guy apparently ended up taking off the top, jiggling the wires and it worked! I tried the same, with the drone plugged into my computer and running the GUI, and the motor worked again.

Now, I can see that the wiring is bent pretty well to get it into such a small space, and my assumption is that folding and unfolding the drone jiggles them ever so slightly so that conductivity is lost. I'd assume that removing the bullet connectors and soldering the wires straight together might help, but I was curious if anybody else encountered a similar issue, and if so found a different way to circumnavigate it? I appreciate all thoughts!

Thank you!

P.S. I bought a refurbished H, and the only issue I found was that one of the gyroscope dampeners had come off the plate. Or so I thought initially, perhaps the wires being pushed about could be a more common issue?

This is my first post here, I hope it's all alright. I may have drone experience, but not much on the forum side. :)

Hello Friends!
My Typhoon H Pro arrived yesterday, and after an evening of studying the flight manuals and a morning of foggy flying, I went out to fly my H and found that the second motor clockwise failed to activate. Putting my hand on it as the H was booting up, I was able to feel it doing it's pseudo-speaker beeping, but when the motors were armed, it would not spin up.

Daft me decided to try and see if I could force it to go, by increasing the throttle. This resulted in one broken and one scuffed propellers. Sitting myself back home, I discovered a thread similar that had a motor that would not spin up properly. The guy apparently ended up taking off the top, jiggling the wires and it worked! I tried the same, with the drone plugged into my computer and running the GUI, and the motor worked again.

Now, I can see that the wiring is bent pretty well to get it into such a small space, and my assumption is that folding and unfolding the drone jiggles them ever so slightly so that conductivity is lost. I'd assume that removing the bullet connectors and soldering the wires straight together might help, but I was curious if anybody else encountered a similar issue, and if so found a different way to circumnavigate it? I appreciate all thoughts!

Thank you!

P.S. I bought a refurbished H, and the only issue I found was that one of the gyroscope dampeners had come off the plate. Or so I thought initially, perhaps the wires being pushed about could be a more common issue?

This is my first post here, I hope it's all alright. I may have drone experience, but not much on the forum side. :)
If wiggling the wires allowed the motor to run it would suggest a broken wire or a bad connection at the bullet connector. I presume it's still under warranty and if you solder the wires that will likely void the warranty. I suggest connecting it back to the GUI. Enlist the help of a another person. Have them click the mouse on that motor while you bend each wire and connector to see if the motor stops.

If wiggling the wires allowed the motor to run it would suggest a broken wire or a bad connection at the bullet connector. I presume it's still under warranty and if you solder the wires that will likely void the warranty. I suggest connecting it back to the GUI. Enlist the help of a another person. Have them click the mouse on that motor while you bend each wire and connector to see if the motor stops.

Yep, I was doing that as I tested, and moving the arm up and down as it was spinning, as well. Everything seems to have been in place. I've completed another three flights without issue, so I believe rearranging the wires seemed to make it a non-issue.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval