Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor issue

Reaction score
I finally got around to unboxing my H...charged up the batteries, synced the camera, tested the the gimbal, etc, everything looked good. Since its too windy to fly I thought I'd at least fire up the motors and test out the GUI.

the drone is in angle mode, obstacle avoidance is off, sitting on a level table, powered on the motors and noticed they are a bit noisier than what I've seen in some videos, but OK, they all seems to be doing fine....so I started to increase the speed as if I was taking off and then suddenly there was a clacking noise like something wasn't balance right and the ST16 displayed the warning message "Motor error! Enter Five-Rotor mode! Please land immediately.".

I've tested this numerous times and it appears that its not specific to one motor...I've seen were random motors just stop and restart and on the last test 2 of the motors stopped at the same time for about 3 seconds and then restarted.

After starting up the motors and letting the drone idle, it works fine, even when doing the motor test in the GUI no issues are detected, but once I rev the motors up for a simulated take off,thats when the problem starts.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Would there be anything in the logs that would help troubleshoot this?

Did you have the props installed on the motors during testing? If not, I think that's how it's supposed to act.?

Nvrmd, see DC confirmed.

I just don't understand the need to run the motors with no load. It is not good for the them.
You can test in the GUI and then go fly.

Like I had mentioned, when I had the Phantom, it was a way I could test the motors periodically (it wasn't like I was cranking the rpms on it for 15 minutes straight)...so when I revved the motors on the H, I was surprised to see what happened. Once the wind dies down I will put the props on and give it another test....looking forward to doing a basic flight, so far

I finally got around to unboxing my H...charged up the batteries, synced the camera, tested the the gimbal, etc, everything looked good. Since its too windy to fly I thought I'd at least fire up the motors and test out the GUI.

the drone is in angle mode, obstacle avoidance is off, sitting on a level table, powered on the motors and noticed they are a bit noisier than what I've seen in some videos, but OK, they all seems to be doing fine....so I started to increase the speed as if I was taking off and then suddenly there was a clacking noise like something wasn't balance right and the ST16 displayed the warning message "Motor error! Enter Five-Rotor mode! Please land immediately.".

I've tested this numerous times and it appears that its not specific to one motor...I've seen were random motors just stop and restart and on the last test 2 of the motors stopped at the same time for about 3 seconds and then restarted.

After starting up the motors and letting the drone idle, it works fine, even when doing the motor test in the GUI no issues are detected, but once I rev the motors up for a simulated take off,thats when the problem starts.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Would there be anything in the logs that would help troubleshoot this?
If props are off you will hear this sound. It is coming from 1 motor as it defaults to fail safe mode. If props are on you will not hear this sound.

Reactions: JohnL
2 flights in...no problems with ANYTHING....happy camper here....still perplexed about not being able to rev motors without props like on Phantom, but oh well...lesson learned and moving on. thanks to all who replied!

2 flights in...no problems with ANYTHING....happy camper here....still perplexed about not being able to rev motors without props like on Phantom, but oh well...lesson learned and moving on. thanks to all who replied!
Phantoms as you know are quads and do not have a "One" motor loss warning like a hexta/octa coptor that can fly with loss of one to two motors, Glad you flights have been issue free!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval