Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor LED confusion

Reaction score
hi guys i have a good question i just got my Yuneec Typhoon H Pro + Intel RealSense Technology I was wondering why my LED's under the props. The front 2 x is white right is green left is blue back ones supposed to be red x 2 but one of them are blue how can I change it any one knows? thanks for the help . cheers

hi guys i have a good question i just got my Yuneec Typhoon H Pro + Intel RealSense Technology I was wondering why my LED's under the props. The front 2 x is white right is green left is blue back ones supposed to be red x 2 but one of them are blue how can I change it any one knows? thanks for the help . cheers
You will need to replace the blue one with a red one. This is a link to the part:

You have to remove the led cover, then it is two small screws and plug-in connector. Look hard at the led cover. You will see the arrows for which way to turn it (right to unlock, left to lock it back). The cover only moves a very small amount to unlock and remove. If you try to force it too far, the tabs will break off.

You will need to replace the blue one with a red one. This is a link to the part:

You have to remove the led cover, then it is two small screws and plug-in connector. Look hard at the led cover. You will see the arrows for which way to turn it (right to unlock, left to lock it back). The cover only moves a very small amount to unlock and remove. If you try to force it too far, the tabs will brehi

Thanks for getting back to me but it was red before it changed to blue one of them so i dont know how to put it back it is not the led colour sorry

It's an easy mod....as @WTFDproject said be careful removing the shades. It really is only a very small amount of travel.

You can get replacement LED's online, and in colors you need. I never understood why Yuneec did the color scheme they did. I replaced mine with the universal standard navigation light setup:

2 Front - No Lights
Port (left) - Red
Starboard (right) - Green
2 Rear - White

It's gonna be interesting when we find where the miscommunication is occurring. The original Typhoon H, also know as H Pro or H480, came from the factory with monochromatic LEDs under the motors. They can't change colors. Typhoon H Plus, and the later TH series have multicolor LEDs. Some thoughts might be someone installed an LED from an Hplus or later, maybe the arm got changed out for an arm from a later model, or maybe you don't actually have a Typhoon H, and have one of the later models instead. So let's look at a couple things to try to figure this out:
1.) Does your LED have two wires or four wires running to it.
2.) Does the connector on your LED have 2 pins or 4 pins.
3.) Is your LED shaped like a rectangle with rounded ends, or is it slightly "T" shaped?

Also, you mentioned it was red "before". What changed between "before" and "now". Was any work done on that arm?

It's gonna be interesting when we find where the miscommunication is occurring. The original Typhoon H, also know as H Pro or H480, came from the factory with monochromatic LEDs under the motors. They can't change colors. Typhoon H Plus, and the later TH series have multicolor LEDs. Some thoughts might be someone installed an LED from an Hplus or later, maybe the arm got changed out for an arm from a later model, or maybe you don't actually have a Typhoon H, and have one of the later models instead. So let's look at a couple things to try to figure this out:
1.) Does your LED have two wires or four wires running to it.
2.) Does the connector on your LED have 2 pins or 4 pins.
3.) Is your LED shaped like a rectangle with rounded ends, or is it slightly "T" shaped?

Also, you mentioned it was red "before". What changed between "before" and "now". Was any work done on that arm?
Tom. I read into that also and reread it several times. Sounds like the drone changed the color from red to blue??? Is that part of a code, or did the bulb (LED) just burn out??KC

Tom. I read into that also and reread it several times. Sounds like the drone changed the color from red to blue??? Is that part of a code, or did the bulb (LED) just burn out??KC
Really waiting to see if anything physical changed. For instance, if a #3 "A" arm (red LED) was changed out using a #5 "A" arm (blue LED) and didn't swap the LED you would see the same thing. Lots of possibilities. Just gotta figure out which one is real.

Reactions: 7cyclops
well now that you mentioned it I bought the drone of some one and noticed the led light in the back is blue instead both being red so I thought u can change the led colour in a app . i had Q500 drones before but never had the H pro with intell sense technology and i can not go wront with the price i payed 400 bucks for 3 drones 2 st16 controllers 6 bats duel digi charger carry bag and a hole bunch of parts yuneec goggle's

Last edited:
I read that as saying it is supposed to be 2 reds? Just a random suggestion, I had a crashed H and harvested the leds and made the back 2 left arms both red and the back right 2 arms green to comply with FAA nav lighting reqs. I left the fronts white so I know front to bring her home when I see 2 whites. Now I just need a 3 mile strobe and I am night compliant. If you are going to replace and order the LEDS you might order a red and two greens or whatever combo you need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval