Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motor temperature After Full Flight?

Reaction score
Just wanted all your feeds on this concern? I notice after all my full flights, all my motors are quite warm, even slightly hot to my touch. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I can't hold onto touching them, but they are quite warm to the touch, more than my Phantoms, which are slightly warm! Granted it is in the mid/upper 90's where I fly now. But they seem hot, not warm equally to me.
Have any of you felt your motors after a full flight in hot environment flying and noticed they are quite warm to hot on your H's?
Thanks!

They do get warm but it's fine. I believe they mention this in the manual. The first motors on the Phantom 3's would get warm to hot as well. They were redesigned and the newer ones on the later model Phantom 3's and 4's get much less warm.

They do get warm but it's fine. I believe they mention this in the manual. The first motors on the Phantom 3's would get warm to hot as well. They were redesigned and the newer ones on the later model Phantom 3's and 4's get much less warm.
Thanks Captain, just seemed out of the norm from my other platforms, If I touched a motor to my cheek(Example) It would NOT BE COMFORTABLE!:eek:

So much for MY virgin eyes.......

And yes mine get rather warm to the touch as well. So far the longest I've been able to get it in the air is 17 minutes and 45 seconds, and that is taking the battery down to 14.1 V DC.

Reactions: DroneClone
Yup, this time of year even my DJI's motors get pretty warm. Thats why I tend to let the motors cool on all my quads between battery changes.

I have seen and had brushless motors overheat on my R/C cars in hot weather, so I've always been a bit wary with my Quads/Hex'es

Just wanted all your feeds on this concern? I notice after all my full flights, all my motors are quite warm, even slightly hot to my touch. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I can't hold onto touching them, but they are quite warm to the touch, more than my Phantoms, which are slightly warm! Granted it is in the mid/upper 90's where I fly now. But they seem hot, not warm equally to me.
Have any of you felt your motors after a full flight in hot environment flying and noticed they are quite warm to hot on your H's?
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval