Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My first flight went ok, landing could improve

Reaction score
Found a ball field to use. Didn't go more then maybe 50 ft, making sure all is good out of the box. Compass cal. went smooth. Got 22 minutes on the battery, but mostly light movements. Used camera a little, just concentrating on the movements. Hover was dead on wind maybe 10-15mph. Was by the water.

My one problem. Landing not bad but seems like it wanted to take off again after bringing left stick back to center. Seams bouncy. Almost tipped over once but gave some up throttle then brought it back down. If I didn't see the videos about holding start/stop button as soon as you hit the ground I wouldn't know what to do.

I seem to think now every time you land you have to shut motors? A way to land better without shutting them?

All in all I love it. A little nervous at first but confidence went way up now.

Attachments

• YUN00003.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: Tim Lindsey
Landing has been a pretty contentious subject. What works for me seems not to work for others. I just settle in gently with neutral directional sticks and hold the throttle back until the motors go to idle, or use the disarm button. No problems either way, ever.

Found a ball field to use. Didn't go more then maybe 50 ft, making sure all is good out of the box. Compass cal. went smooth. Got 22 minutes on the battery, but mostly light movements. Used camera a little, just concentrating on the movements. Hover was dead on wind maybe 10-15mph. Was by the water.

My one problem. Landing not bad but seems like it wanted to take off again after bringing left stick back to center. Seams bouncy. Almost tipped over once but gave some up throttle then brought it back down. If I didn't see the videos about holding start/stop button as soon as you hit the ground I wouldn't know what to do.

I seem to think now every time you land you have to shut motors? A way to land better without shutting them?

All in all I love it. A little nervous at first but confidence went way up now.

I would recommend to practice your landings! Setting the rate to slowest (turtle) doesn't really help if you simply hold the Throttle stick all the way down until it lands, the H doesn't like to bounce around upon landing.

A slow and smooth touchdown will prevent it from revving back up.

Greetings!

Landing has been a pretty contentious subject. What works for me seems not to work for others. I just settle in gently with neutral directional sticks and hold the throttle back until the motors go to idle, or use the disarm button. No problems either way, ever.

And continue to hold the throttle in the down position while pressing the off button until the motors are down..

You will be able to do this one-handed...

You really need to wait with throttle all the way down until you hear the revs drop significantly. Once that happens you can let go of throttle (it should not change the revs anymore from the neutral position). From there on you should not have any more problems ( as long as you don´t rev it up again). On a really windy day and a very small landing space the red button method works really really well.

Do not just let go of the throttle after the motors spool down, ease it back to center. The stuck is spring loaded so just letting it go permits it to jump up a little past center. The motors can instantly spool up again when that happens.

Reactions: kai_bcn
And despite claims and confusion, don't run your battery to first warning if possible. Shorter fights equals longer battery life. Pushing them into any low voltage warning is a sure fire way to get puffed up cells and reduce total capacitance. I just retired two YUNEEC power 4 batteries that are over a year old and were getting less then 10 minutes of flight. You don't own your power. It owns you and is a constant expense. Battery management becomes very important if you get serious about photography with this platform.

Works this way for me too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads