Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My first h crashed and they gave me a new one, but now im nervous!!

Reaction score
Hi, my first h had a mind of its own and crashed...I sent it back and Yuneec said it wasn't me, thankfully! I've got a new one and I've had a few successful flights, but then it seemed to start acting a little strange, drifting and not responding correctly ..now I'm nervous! Is there anyone in, around or near Surrey/Hampshire that I could meet and go though stuff with, please?
I've calibrated and all seems well, but as I said I'm very nervous now!! I've been building and flying 250 size FPV quads for a while and the h is my first GPS drone... I know it should be the other way round and I should find this easier... but I seem to have trust issues!

Hi, my first h had a mind of its own and crashed...I sent it back and Yuneec said it wasn't me, thankfully! I've got a new one and I've had a few successful flights, but then it seemed to start acting a little strange, drifting and not responding correctly ..now I'm nervous! Is there anyone in, around or near Surrey/Hampshire that I could meet and go though stuff with, please?
I've calibrated and all seems well, but as I said I'm very nervous now!! I've been building and flying 250 size FPV quads for a while and the h is my first GPS drone... I know it should be the other way round and I should find this easier... but I seem to have trust issues!
Did you calibrate the IMU/Accelerometer too? That might help besides the compass cali !

If you have done the accelerometer cal properly, i.e. on level surface, and you are booting up the H on the level without touching it while it boots, and it is still drifting or unstable then the bird has a problem. Sorry to say, this one needs to go back to Yuneec as well before you suffer another crash. Call them right away and explain the issue.

Thanks DroneClone and Steve Carr...I was told by Yuneec uk not to bother calibrating my second one when I picked it up...and the first few flights is was lovely to fly, hovered steady and went exactly where I wanted it to go, including filming my sister's house. On sunday I went back to my sister's house to film some better angles, but it didn't feel right at all, not going exactly where I wanted it to go. So today, the first opportunity I've had, I took it to the big open field...I calibrated the compass, all seemed fine and then the accelerometer. Fisrt take off and quick hover was ok...flew it in a circle, ok, landed ok too. But it was the next time that I couldn't get it to go exactly where it should of, started drifting and I hand caught it as I didn't want to break the props and gimble. The one thing I've now read is that I didn't callibrate facing North, might have done, didn't know to check! So batteries are charging and I'll do the callibrations again, this time North...if the same problem occurs I'll call them in the morning.. Hope,I haven't got another dud!!

Send that puppy to me for 6 months of training, my H is very well behaved and would love to have a buddy.LOL

Brilliant, I'm just up the road, hindhead!!
I'd love to meet up sometime!
Please!!

Of course, I'll film yours and you film mine ;)

I have about a week to send my back i think so sooner the better although my working times are always random being an airport chauffeur.

Did you do the accelerometer calibration in zero wind?

Reactions: John S
DC...
You stated above to calibrate the IMU/Accelerometer.
Are those two different calibrations? or one and the same.
I have read where people say to Calibrate the IMU but don't find that in the manual.
If so, how does one calibrate the IMU?
Thanks

DC...
I have read where people say to Calibrate the IMU but don't find that in the manual.
Thanks
I believe Yuneec calls IMU the Accelerometer. In the same setting as the Compass Cali, you will see one for ACC, do it on a still table or level area

I'm also going to take a spirit level,with me!
Good idea. I always carry a small piece of plywood and a level when doing the acc cal. As far as the compass cal, Yuneec products rarely need it. Once you have a good cal just leave it alone unless you see orange flashing in the status light. From your description of behavior it is identical to what others have reported. It signals impending doom when it starts flying oddly or drifting. At first you will be able to regain control but later it will be uncontrollable and will crash so I would take it back for an evaluation before that happens.

DC...
Thanks
Place on level table, tap the acc tab and follow instructions, it's a self do thingy, not like the compass dance

Of course, I'll film yours and you film mine ;)

I have about a week to send my back i think so sooner the better although my working times are always random being an airport chauffeur.

Did you do the accelerometer calibration in zero wind?
There was very little wind, but some...
Are you free on friday? I think I've that day off, that or t
Good idea. I always carry a small piece of plywood and a level when doing the acc cal. As far as the compass cal, Yuneec products rarely need it. Once you have a good cal just leave it alone unless you see orange flashing in the status light. From your description of behavior it is identical to what others have reported. It signals impending doom when it starts flying oddly or drifting. At first you will be able to regain control but later it will be uncontrollable and will crash so I would take it back for an evaluation before that happens.
Thanks, calling them first thing tomorrow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval