Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My first photo post

Reaction score
Hi all. Well I went out today and aldo the weather wasn't the best I had a wonderful day.
This is my first photo post on here. I am very impressed with the quality of the files from the camera sofar. I imported this one onto PScc and did some minor tweaking to the image, (but not much).
Well I hope the photo show up ok on there. Click on the image to view full size.
Regards.
MikeYUN_0007-compleate.jpg

Always like reflections.
Me to. What do you think of the quality of the file. I found little or no noise in the image. This was a big surprise as I wasn't expecting the files to so clean. I shot in manual mode and in RAW. my settings were ISO 100 -1/250 Sec - +1.5 Stops - SWA
Cheers.
Mike

Me to. What do you think of the quality of the file. I found little or no noise in the image. This was a big surprise as I wasn't expecting the files to so clean. I shot in manual mode and in RAW. my settings were ISO 100 -1/250 Sec - +1.5 Stops - SWA
Cheers.
Mike
I record at 1080p, so my photos are 1920x1080.
Here is a low light JPG example.

Attachments

• 2020-0125 sunset.jpg
    2020-0125 sunset.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 28
I record at 1080p, so my photos are 1920x1080.
Here is a low light JPG example.

Beautiful colours very nice indeed. I chose to shoot in RAW to retain as much information as possible as this allows greater flexibility and forgiveness for bad camera setup ?
I only have my H+ since November of last year and with the weather being so bad I haven't gotten much opportunities to fly. I am really looking forward to the good weather so I can get out there and practice and indeed have fut.
Cheers.
Mike

Beautiful colours very nice indeed. I chose to shoot in RAW to retain as much information as possible as this allows greater flexibility and forgiveness for bad camera setup ?
I only have my H+ since November of last year and with the weather being so bad I haven't gotten much opportunities to fly. I am really looking forward to the good weather so I can get out there and practice and indeed have fut.
Cheers.
Mike
Mike,

I shoot in RAW and natural with the CGO3+ using manual settings for the exposure.
I do the same with my Canon DSLR cameras.
It is extra work in post, but the latitude saved in the RAW files allows for greater latitude in the end result.
Ansel Adams was a great photographer in the field, but he was even better in the darkroom. That is where he outperformed many of his contemporaries.

Mike,

I shoot in RAW and natural with the CGO3+ using manual settings for the exposure.
I do the same with my Canon DSLR cameras.
It is extra work in post, but the latitude saved in the RAW files allows for greater latitude in the end result.
Ansel Adams was a great photographer in the field, but he was even better in the darkroom. That is where he outperformed many of his contemporaries.
Hi DM and thank you for your comments. My hole reason for posting was because I was so surprised at quality of the image that come straight from the C23 camera. The on stepa I mait in post processing the image in PScc were as follows.
I reduced the highlights increased the shadows. I then did a little dodging and burning in selective arias to bring back the shadows and increase the highlights a little.
Minimal sharpening and noise control were used, as a matter of fact I could even have skipped this stepp.
I then run the camera profile in manual mode and cropped the image to taste.
I hope this helps others in their quest to get better images from their equipment.
Now what I am very interested in is seeing some still images captured from from all the Yuneec camera inclusive of the new Ion L1 camera.
Regards.
Mike

Last edited:
Well I just taught that I would post another shot from yesterday's outing.
I don't like this one as much as the first shot I posted ?.
Mike
YUN_0005-Lake-2.jpg

Cheers.
Mike
Very good quality, and colours excellent, definitely Raw is the way forward.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Very good quality, and colours excellent, definitely Raw is the way forward.
Thank You I do appreciate your comments. Shooting in RAW is just so forgiving as you can pull back so much detail in the highlights and shadows.
Mike
I like to play with photos and bring out the sky details when possible.

View attachment 19981 View attachment 19982
Hi Steve. Thank you for chiming in. Shooting in RAW is the only way to go as it is a true digital nevitave. This gives you so much latitude to cover much of our mistakes ;).
I was regretting the purchase of the H+ and not waiting on the H3 arrival. I now don't really care that much as the quality of the C23 has surprised me so much.
Regards.
Mike

Last edited:
Well I just taught that I would post another shot from yesterday's outing.
I don't like this one as much as the first shot I posted ?.
Mike
View attachment 19979
I think this picture is better than the first. The first one seemed (to my old eyes) a bit more soft than this one, particularly to the right of that picture...but is that just my eyes deceiving me?

At any rate, though, this picture has far more interesting things going on to please me, and I just LOVE those clouds.

• Wow
I think this picture is better than the first. The first one seemed (to my old eyes) a bit more soft than this one, particularly to the right of that picture...but is that just my eyes deceiving me?

At any rate, though, this picture has far more interesting things going on to please me, and I just LOVE those clouds.
Ho FV. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I believe ? To me the first one I posted is a better composed chot.?
Cheers.
Mike

Ho FV. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I believe ? To me the first one I posted is a better composed chot.?
Cheers.
Mike
Indeed. It would be boring if everyone liked the exact same thing. You like your first picture but I preferred the second. That is not to say that the first one was in any way deficient...I just found the second one a bit more interesting, but that is just my taste :)

Indeed. It would be boring if everyone liked the exact same thing. You like your first picture but I preferred the second. That is not to say that the first one was in any way deficient...I just found the second one a bit more interesting, but that is just my taste :)
Well said FV. That's what makes the world go round. I really do appreciate your thoughts and comments on my photos and posts. I encourage others to comment more.
Kindest regards.
Mike

I like the first one because I hate cars, people and clutter in my landscape photos, but everyone has their own preference.

I like the first one because I hate cars, people and clutter in my landscape photos, but everyone has their own preference.
Mods. If you feel that this post might work better elsewhere please contact me and I will reword it and you can then move it.
I totally agree with you I feel the same way,but as we said it's all personal preference. My feeling are if we post our images and receive creteek on them Positive or Negative we can only improve our technique and mature as photographers.
We have a wonderful platform here to post our images /thoughts and problems in the hope to receive guidance. I encourage others to post more videos and images taken with their drones and to post the settings used to captured those images. I also ask if we can share our preferred programs for post processing of out photos and videos. To share our knowledge is a wonderful thing.
Kindest regards.
Mike

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as mentioned. When I look in the mirror I see old codger, past his best, but my wife sees a handsome man! Shes booked her eye test for next month!
Make the most of the time you have left, or pay the extra fee for the Rose colored lenses. Couldn’t hurt!;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval