Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Typhoon H Experience

Pretty easy to provide access to a DropBox folder by generating a link to the folder and providing the link to Yuneec CS. Each has the option in DropBox to share or not share a file or folder and the instructions for how to share are there for those that want to read them. That's how they reviewed my telemetry. Not right to blame others for a failure on your part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what I did Pat. Provided a shared link to my DrpBox and CS replied with the email I provided in the thresd

Exactly what I did Pat. Provided a shared link to my DrpBox and CS replied with the email I provided in the thresd

That's really weird. You could have used Google Drive too.
All you do is share the file and give someone the link.

There is no issues with accessing the file if it is shared.

Weird... I can openly share files with the public via dropbox via a link. Did you read their instructions, on how to? Can I share files with non-Dropbox users? - Dropbox Help - Dropbox
Soi can I, and I do on a regular basis. Yuneec said no, they couldn't access DropBox on their system. When I pressed they told me they put a request to be able to with their internal IT group. No response. Believe it or not that was kinda the last straw for me. A tech company that can't access a simple file sharing program like DropBox? I'm convinced they are growing to fast and adding staff that aren't fully trained. Just my opinion.

That's really weird. You could have used Google Drive too.
All you do is share the file and give someone the link.

There is no issues with accessing the file if it is shared.
Call them and ask if they can access DropBox. If they are using Google Drive (as I also use) why not offer that instead of flat telling no? A "special request" to their IT department, come on.

Better luck next time. Everyone I know that has an H has experienced excellent customer service from Yuneec. I am not sure why your experience was so different from the overwhelming majority of Yuneec owners.

When did you execute your shared file request? I did mine in December. Took 1 day from that point for them to review my files and provide an RMA.

Sooo.. Could we get the link to the telemetry data?

Sorry if I'm insisting, it might be weird but I love to review the H flight logs, specially after something unusual happens.

Not long ago someone experienced a very weird crash where the H flew right into his house.

A look into the logs revealed he took off in Smart - Follow Me mode (even though he insisted he didn`t), somehow the GPS location of the remote glitched and H tried to follow that glitched path. I found it very interesting to look at.

So, yes I would love to peek into those logs, if posible :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jester
No. As a commercial operator I don't make public a complete record of times, places, and methods used in my activities. Even allowing a link in a single PM voids any probability of maintaining operational security.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkC
No. As a commercial operator I don't make public a complete record of times, places, and methods used in my activities. Even allowing a link in a single PM voids any probability of maintaining operational security.

..I was talking about bbasham's logs.. o_O

Reactions: Jester and Rayray
I have had several "bad customer service issues" but they did own up and corrected the issues. I all so got some "freebies" for my troubles . As for my H I love it.

I have to say, I have had either serious lag or no response in emails twice with Yuneec, but their over the phone help, and their no questions asked willingness to issue me an RMA and get my H sent in and fixed at no cost was outstanding. I have to say, I did a ton of research before buying my first high end UAV and didn't even consider the Typhoon H for months because I was convinced that I had to have the Inspire...Then the Mavic pre-release videos started coming out and I fell in love with it as well, but in all my months of research, I just kept seeing how terrible people's experience was with DJI's customer service, (blaming pilot error for almost everything) warranty, and willingness to stand behind their product, and seeing the exact opposite of Yuneec USA's. That alone is what swayed me away from my fascination with the Inspire and Mavic Pro and over to the H. Since being on this forum, and having a problem with my H, I have seen almost nothing but good from Yuneec. Just throwing that out there for you to consider before jumping ship for the other guys, based on customer service and down time.
I also have to agree with the other people that said you may have been in smart mode when you had the sideways trips with your H. I'm sure you have a lot more flying experience than I do so I'm certainly not questioning your knowledge or ability, but as a guy that almost obsesses on knowing everything, and double and triple checking everything I can before even attempting to fly, I can sure say that it's still a big learning curve and easy to overlook one switch here or there, with all the other stuff to look at and take in on the busy ST-16 screen and switches. Whatever way you go, good luck.

I"m in the same boat as the post above. In fact, on my second issue, the tech on the phone said i should be receiving an email shortly that will request my flight logs.... never got it. Checked my junk email and everything.

So i just replied to the original email that came through while i was on the phone with them. No response. I have to call them to tell them to look at the email. I don't know why i have to do that, but both issues i've had to do that.

And regarding the OP position on lost time and money!! i'm in that as well. I work in the Commercial Real Estate world and i have developments and developers that i work with that like my marketing flyers. I have not been able to make one in over a month because the Typhoon has been down.

Lastly, and this is just a pet peeve for me... when they sent the original replacement drone (which came with wires dangling out of the camera mount) i had to be there to sign for it from UPS. I get it, i know it's expensive, but i also can't sit at the house all day waiting on the delivery. So i tried to get them to drop it off at the local distribution center. They would not and said that the sender specified i can't do it! So, when the replacement drone showed up they forgot the memory card and two of the mounting boots were broken off. So i called and they said they would send it out... I specifically asked them to send it regularly where i don't have to sign for it. Didn't happen, so here i am waiting on a package that i can't receive because they keep delivering it during the day when i'm not there. According to UPS the sender specified it, again.

I"m in the same boat as the post above. In fact, on my second issue, the tech on the phone said i should be receiving an email shortly that will request my flight logs.... never got it. Checked my junk email and everything.

So i just replied to the original email that came through while i was on the phone with them. No response. I have to call them to tell them to look at the email. I don't know why i have to do that, but both issues i've had to do that.

And regarding the OP position on lost time and money!! i'm in that as well. I work in the Commercial Real Estate world and i have developments and developers that i work with that like my marketing flyers. I have not been able to make one in over a month because the Typhoon has been down.

Lastly, and this is just a pet peeve for me... when they sent the original replacement drone (which came with wires dangling out of the camera mount) i had to be there to sign for it from UPS. I get it, i know it's expensive, but i also can't sit at the house all day waiting on the delivery. So I tried to get them to drop it off at the local distribution center. They would not and said that the sender specified i can't do it! So, when the replacement drone showed up they forgot the memory card and two of the mounting boots were broken off. So i called and they said they would send it out... I specifically asked them to send it regularly where i don't have to sign for it. Didn't happen, so here i am waiting on a package that i can't receive because they keep delivering it during the day when i'm not there. According to UPS the sender specified it, again.
I feel your pain on the UPS thing. I don't even have a life and rarely leave my property, but made the mistake of looking at the tracking info at 6am to see that it was already on a truck and out for delivery. I was so excited that it was about to be here, finally after a month that I was glad I had nowhere to have to be....Wrong! Didn't get here until 4:40 pm. And thank God it started a 2 day rain fest an hour before it got here. Sure, I could take from this that I really need to get a life, but I don't really want one. What I want is to at least have a delivery time so I can go out and pretend to have one so I don't sit tortured like a kid at Christmas. ;)

Reactions: MarkC
I’m a 3-year drone pilot and consider myself tech savvy. Started with DJI then switched to Yuneec beginning with the Q4K, then added the H in September 2016. What a train wreck product and deteriorating customer service in the last year. Done, already went back to DJI products. You let me down big time Yuneec. To bad, I was one of your greatest evangelist.

4 official cases filed with Yuneec on the H since purchasing new 6 months ago. I live in Illinois so return to California takes a minimum of 3-week turnaround. Issues started first flight out of the box. Wasted time, lost income opportunities, and hours of frustration dealing with this product and customer service.

Case #1 – Calibrated, by no means flying in a congested area, a place I have flown many times. Put in the air to about 15 feet and hover. With no stick input, beeline sideways into a tree. Returned to Yuneec under warranty. Received the same unit back.

Case #2 – Same issue put it up to about 15 feet let it hover and with NO stick input beeline and crash. This return to Yuneec they installed a new GPS board.

Case #3 – Won't land, erratic jerks to the side with no stick input. Yuneec finally replaces the drone only, not the ST16. New drone body has some wires hanging by the camera that weren’t on the original drone. I assume they where antenna modifications. I should also mention that on this third trip to Yuneec they forgot to include the Cgo3 camera when they returned it. That cost me an additional 1.5 weeks downtime.

Case #4 – Erratic jerks to the side again with no stick input. Came very close to another crash. Contacted Yuneec and tried to transmit my telemetry files to them. That is when I gave up. Zipped the telemetry file was 150 mb. Yes, they swear they need the entire file from the ST16. My email system wouldn’t let me send that large of a file. I ask if Yuneec could use Drop Box to view the telemetry files. No, they can’t. Surprising from a supposed technology company! Back to California. 6 months $1200, no quality flight time, lost income opportunities.

Buyers beware – something is going wrong in California, customer service is deteriorating rapidly and in my opinion this H was not ready for release. I prefer not to be on the bleeding edge of their “product development”.

I’m a 3-year drone pilot and consider myself tech savvy. Started with DJI then switched to Yuneec beginning with the Q4K, then added the H in September 2016. What a train wreck product and deteriorating customer service in the last year. Done, already went back to DJI products. You let me down big time Yuneec. To bad, I was one of your greatest evangelist.

4 official cases filed with Yuneec on the H since purchasing new 6 months ago. I live in Illinois so return to California takes a minimum of 3-week turnaround. Issues started first flight out of the box. Wasted time, lost income opportunities, and hours of frustration dealing with this product and customer service.

Case #1 – Calibrated, by no means flying in a congested area, a place I have flown many times. Put in the air to about 15 feet and hover. With no stick input, beeline sideways into a tree. Returned to Yuneec under warranty. Received the same unit back.

Case #2 – Same issue put it up to about 15 feet let it hover and with NO stick input beeline and crash. This return to Yuneec they installed a new GPS board.

Case #3 – Won't land, erratic jerks to the side with no stick input. Yuneec finally replaces the drone only, not the ST16. New drone body has some wires hanging by the camera that weren’t on the original drone. I assume they where antenna modifications. I should also mention that on this third trip to Yuneec they forgot to include the Cgo3 camera when they returned it. That cost me an additional 1.5 weeks downtime.

Case #4 – Erratic jerks to the side again with no stick input. Came very close to another crash. Contacted Yuneec and tried to transmit my telemetry files to them. That is when I gave up. Zipped the telemetry file was 150 mb. Yes, they swear they need the entire file from the ST16. My email system wouldn’t let me send that large of a file. I ask if Yuneec could use Drop Box to view the telemetry files. No, they can’t. Surprising from a supposed technology company! Back to California. 6 months $1200, no quality flight time, lost income opportunities.

Buyers beware – something is going wrong in California, customer service is deteriorating rapidly and in my opinion this H was not ready for release. I prefer not to be on the bleeding edge of their “product development”.

Wow what a fiasco you went through. I thought I had a long wait of 4 months .nothing compared to what you went through. I still love my typhoon h even though it is no longer under warranty . I will only fly Los because I do not feel thouroly trust it .I almost quit unique but I did not .I was nice to them through their whole process and I know they are very busy and short-staffed.
Keith Kuhn

I also have had a 480 that was stubborn and would not fly correctly. It’s my original one and was fixed once by Yuneec for a fly away and crash during a CCC test. I’ve recently rehabilitated it and was getting compass errors left and right. It did everything you describe and I experienced the skipping around and landing tilt overs. I also had no stick control with GPS on. I decided to try again and ordered a new GPS/Compass unit from Yuneec and installed it. I also check everything and discovered a loose arm and cranky motor that most likely occurred during those funky test flights. I was glad I left the camera off when it hit the ground then and was determined not to reattach until this H was reliable.

Fast forward to post compass install and new tests in which I waited twice over 15 minutes and got it to calibrate successfully with one or two flips per axis. Now it’s the steadiest holding drone of my now 5 ship fleet and it’s super reliable. For what it’s worth, I did not patiently set up the other GPS/compass board before and that board is now suspect. It’s possible to “magnetize” the compass and it’s just done. The 350 did this often as the compass in the skid was easily exposed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco