Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Typhoon H is making high pitched whirring sound after flight.

Reaction score
Before I start a flight there is no problem. After I take off and run for a bit I will land and turn off my propellers but there is a high pitched sound coming from the drone almost like a fan at high speed. When I turn off then turn the drone back on the sound will be gone. Does anyone else have this issue? I will see if I can make a video to record the sound and post it later.

Hmm...maybe it's telling you it's cold:eek:. Has it warmed up in Canada yet?:)
Seriously though, I do not recall seeing that problem before. Are you running the latest Autopilot version 1.35 firmware? Does it have the RealSense module?

Before I start a flight there is no problem. After I take off and run for a bit I will land and turn off my propellers but there is a high pitched sound coming from the drone almost like a fan at high speed. When I turn off then turn the drone back on the sound will be gone. Does anyone else have this issue? I will see if I can make a video to record the sound and post it later.

Edgy,

You state "...almost like a fan at high speed." Maybe it is the fan in the H, running at high speed.

Have you put your H on its back to see the fan on the underside?

Jeff

I had a pretty loud Typhoon H also but since it was my first, I had nothing to compare it to. When I went to Yuneec the tech said your H is really loud and noticed that the Fan inside the Real Sense module was missing a couple blades and fixed it.

Hmm...maybe it's telling you it's cold:eek:. Has it warmed up in Canada yet?:)
Seriously though, I do not recall seeing that problem before. Are you running the latest Autopilot version 1.35 firmware? Does it have the RealSense module?
Yes it's a Realsense model, I'm not sure about the fan inside/underneath it, I'll check next time I fly, I have a feeling that's not the issue because the sound I think is louder than what that little fan could make I'm guessing. Maybe there's a blade of grass inside. I haven't taken it apart, not sure how easy that is. It's been pretty nice out lately, it was around +5c at the time, a little windy.

Last edited:
I had a pretty loud Typhoon H also but since it was my first, I had nothing to compare it to. When I went to Yuneec the tech said your H is really loud and noticed that the Fan inside the Real Sense module was missing a couple blades and fixed it.
My Typhoon H Pro was sent back to the factory already after a compass malfunction that sent it flying off uncontrollably, this was only the second time taking it out after I got it back, first flight I didn't notice anything.

Yes it's a Realsense model, I'm not sure about the fan inside/underneath it, I'll check next time I fly,[/QUOT

I'm not saying you did this, but never have the OA switched on when taking off or landing.

There may be something else internally that could cause a sound, but I'm thinking I have not seen reports of any such.
Let us know after you check it out.

Take it slow and easy for awhile, fly in Turtle and Angle modes. Fly in open areas at 100' with the RS OA off and really get familiar with flying it. Make it a habit to hover from time to time and check the ST16 screen readings, especially voltages. The height will usually not be correct if you're close to the ground. Don't worry about the height reading, it's only used to set high altitudes.

You can take off fast but always land slow. get it in a hover a foot or so above ground and ease it down. When it touches hold the left stick all the way back and count to three out loud. (Stay off the right stick). Then ease that left stick back to center and hold the red button down until the props stop. You probably know all this, but I'm just making sure, lol.

You'll be OK. Best of luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss