Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New 920 Plus Owner

Reaction score
I will be picking up my new 920 Plus in a day or two. The purchase was a tough decision as I was considering the Typhoon H Plus, but like the idea of a large "commercial looking" copter and will be putting her to work in the coming months as I just obtained my Standing Ontario wide SFOC permit (Canadian equivalent to the Part 107). Once I do a few test flights, I'm sure I will have some questions for the 920 owners here. This is also the reason I decided to unload one of my trusty Typhoon H's as I don't really need 3 working copters.

Reactions: Docdor
Just got home and unboxed the BIG BIRD - Wow! Everything is huge, until you see it in person its hard to imagine the size of it. Like an H480 on steroids! Anyway will see if the weather is OK tomorrow to do a test flight.

It is a behemoth - and you certainly won't sneak up on anyone with it! One of the first things I learned is that it takes much longer to stop once in motion that my H hexes. I think of the H's as scalpels and the H920+ as a hammer :)

Reactions: Docdor
A precision hammer. It’s a great bird and once you learn the camera you won’t fly an H again.

I will be picking up my new 920 Plus in a day or two. The purchase was a tough decision as I was considering the Typhoon H Plus, but like the idea of a large "commercial looking" copter and will be putting her to work in the coming months as I just obtained my Standing Ontario wide SFOC permit (Canadian equivalent to the Part 107). Once I do a few test flights, I'm sure I will have some questions for the 920 owners here. This is also the reason I decided to unload one of my trusty Typhoon H's as I don't really need 3 working copters.
might i be so bold as to ask where you purchased your new bird and how much was it in CDN dollars.. i am currently looking to buy one myself in March..thx.

I'm a new H920+ owner too. I haven't had decent weather to take it out yet , but its only been couple days. I was quite surprised by the size though. Its enormous, Its my second copter, fist was a 3DR Solo. Curious if any one else has made similar switch and if there was anything I need to be aware of.

I added the 920+ to my stable of 2 H480's and 1 H520 last year. So my thoughts are anyone going from whatever previous drone you may have had to a 920/920+, you will discover that the factory batteries are very poor and you should search this forum for "920 batteries" for options.

Secondly, if you do not already have a good quality multi-function charger, get one, there are several posts with good reccommendations. I have a few, but prefer the SkyRC Q400 or HiTec X4 (same charger re-labeled). It can charge 4 batteries at once across many chemistries, most importantly, has a storage function and IR meter, and can be easily controlled with your phone via free SkyCharger app.

The CGO4 camera is very good but also very heavy and takes some time to learn all the functions. If you can find a used CGO3+ camera and the 920+ mount adapter for it you can increase flight times from about 20 min (CGO4) to 30min (CGO3+)

And of course most importantly read, read and re-read the manual and all forum info on this beast.

Thanks for the tips, you saved me some time on looking for an additional charger. I assume the factory one is still okay to use?

Mine came with 3 factory batteries and I foolishly ordered 2 extras.. (although they haven't arrived yet.. here's hopping they got lost in the mail and I can get a refund) After reading on here I wish I wouldn't have ordered those, Hopefully I can get a little life out of them.

I did get the CGO4 camera and I'm looking forward to using that, I've messed around with the camera on the handheld gimble, I'm impressed so far.

I also ordered the Thermal CGOET and adapter to mount it - haven't got that in yet.

One other thing I'm looking into is possibly mounting one of the MAPIR cameras on the bottom to do some mapping of farm fields my family owns. Curious if anyone else has mounted one.

My apology, I was thinking about the kit chargers which come with the H480 which are just basic. Yes, "I assume the factory one is still okay to use? " the A10 charger which comes with the 920+ is a great charger and I believe is a rebranded 2 channel version of the SkyRC Q200, so unless you need to charge more than 2 batteries at a time it would be fine.

The A10 is a rebranded Hitec X2. If you want a much better set of instructions than what Yuneec provides go to the HitecRCD site and download the X2 manual.

Interesting, does that mean the unit has the same Bluetooth connectivity the hitec one has? I wonder if we can flash it with the hitec firmware. I'll have to investigate.

I think that depends on what version of the X2 was rebranded. If an earlier version that did not possess Bluetooth, then no. The X2 has been in production for a long time and has seen version several improvements.

Actually SkyRC is the manufacturer for HiTec chargers and also manufactures the A10 charger for Yuneec.....

"It is a well known fact that SkyRC manufacturers chargers for Hitec, they have their own models that they push out to other various parts of the world. We have our own tolerances and requirements of them in the models they manufacture for us." (statement from HiTec)

There are subtle differences in each customer's requirements, that way each rebranded "label" is somewhat unique or .........Yuneec.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
If you really want to learn how to make full use of your Yuneec A10 charger, don’t use Yuneec instructions, use Hitec’s. If you don’t believe that download Hitec’s manual and compare it with Yuneec’s.

Don’t matter who made it. What does is which supplier provides the most useful instructions. If what you have fails to inform of all the features you end up with a limited use product that could be doing more than you are aware of.

Reactions: Mike Irish
I've been thinking of getting this battery charger for some time and now you all have made my mind up ;) .
SkyRC Q200 QUATTRO AC/DC 2X100W 2X50W Lipo Battery Balance Charger Discharger
Mike

I found the 920 for sale in the EU for €1,899 ? Is there a newer one as I couldn't find one on the site.

Mike

If it comes with the ST16 controller (not the ST24), and CGO4 camera and the ProAction hand-held camera gimbal, thenI believe its a 920+. Most of the labels may say 920 not 920+ such as the manuals and aircraft label, but ignore that.
Not sure, but I think the later H920 also came with the CGO4 camera and gimbal as a separate payload option, so maybe the only visible difference is the controller - ST16 = 920+, ST24 = 920, also the quick release propellors only are on the 920+

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone