Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Antennas for Typhoon H?

I sent frank a email from carolina dronz and he said he is getting some in next week and they're going to be awesome but didn't get me any info or pictures on it!!

maybe if a few more people message him, he might give up some info ?

Reactions: Skypicswa
Looks like Lou Ming just posted 7 or 8 new videos, guy is on a roll. Haven't checked them out yet but I will be shortly.

Looks like Lou Ming just posted 7 or 8 new videos, guy is on a roll. Haven't checked them out yet but I will be shortly.

Tired of watching videos…LOL. Just give me the facts. Hard to believe a 8 DBi antenna would beat a 13 DBi.

Still looking at the ITElite DBS but nobody has gotten back to me in email--- Maybe I should call their USA office?

I sent frank a email from carolina dronz and he said he is getting some in next week and they're going to be awesome but didn't get me any info or pictures on it!!

maybe if a few more people message him, he might give up some info ?

Please elaborate on "some"…. What are we talking about? The Immersions?

Tired of watching videos…LOL. Just give me the facts. Hard to believe a 8 DBi antenna would beat a 13 DBi.

Still looking at the ITElite DBS but nobody has gotten back to me in email--- Maybe I should call their USA office?
DBS, told me that should have them out and on site within a couple weeks (there's the two week bull ****) again LOL !

Reactions: vincent
You should stay within line of sight,to many people ignoring current rules will ruin a good thing.use it for better signal quality,better video.

better antennas is not always about distance, its about improving the "quality" of the signal to make it less susceptible to break up as 5.8 is very flaky around obstacles

I'm right with you on that Air Pauly. The distance is fine you just want to get the best signal possible.

Reactions: Skypicswa
I contacted Immersion and asked their advice on an antenna set -- Tech support said they can't offer that help and I need to ask Yunecc. I suggested they are missing a market by offering replacement antennas in the RC model community with no chart to indicated which ones work with different transmitters. I wrote that in an online review, the 8DBi antenna beat out the 13DBi one -- From the same manufacturer, that can be considered odd.

Anyhow, looks like I'm left guessing and probably will go to ITElite once those come out--- Way to go Immersion !!!!!!

I contacted Immersion and asked their advice on an antenna set -- Tech support said they can't offer that help and I need to ask Yunecc. I suggested they are missing a market by offering replacement antennas in the RC model community with no chart to indicated which ones work with different transmitters. I wrote that in an online review, the 8DBi antenna beat out the 13DBi one -- From the same manufacturer, that can be considered odd.

Anyhow, looks like I'm left guessing and probably will go to ITElite once those come out--- Way to go Immersion !!!!!!
You mean Ming's testing? So he stated the 8 beat the 13 ? Maybe it has to do with the type coil, clover leaf or something? Curious !

You mean Ming's testing? So he stated the 8 beat the 13 ? Maybe it has to do with the type coil, clover leaf or something? Curious !
I need to remind everyone interested that Ming's testing of the antennas was essentially over water. RF behaves way different (ie, way better) over water than over land. This may have something to do with the discrepancies between the two. I also remind those here that the great range increases he is seeing are primarily because he is testing over water. On land, in the country and especially in urban environments, YMMV!

Reactions: DroneClone
I need to remind everyone interested that Ming's testing of the antennas was essentially over water. RF behaves way different (ie, way better) over water than over land. This may have something to do with the discrepancies between the two. I also remind those here that the great range increases he is seeing are primarily because he is testing over water. On land, in the country and especially in urban environments, YMMV!
Agree 100% John, but it should still help a noticeable amount as it did on my P3 and 4, Thanks for the factual statement over water reflectance!

A lot of people bash the FPVLR antennas, but I'm using them on 2 of my P3 units, one boosted one unboosted. Looks like he has some out now for the YTH
Long Range KIT - FPVLR
Who's bashing? I was just stating the obvious about RF in general. FPVLR antennas may be great and tuned and all that jazz, but $124? Are you freakin kidding me??

I will probably wait to see the REXUAV solution. They are pricey, but they stand behind their ultimate range kits.

Reactions: DroneClone
Sorry if this sucks, but I know I can trust my friends to allow me to learn and post my first video editing and thanks for comments ! The owner was back washing his pumps so water was murky, or you could see a bus, 727 plane and a sunken boat in the crystal clear spring water. Divers practice search and rescue here and scuba diving lessons, I will try it with my H in a week when it clears, this was my P4, oops! Bad word on here ! LOL !;)

Last edited:
Sorry if this sucks, but I know I can trust my friends to allow me to learn and post my first video editing and thanks for comments ! The owner was back washing his pumps so water was murky, or you could see a bus, 727 plane and a sunken boat in the crystal clear spring water. Divers practice search and rescue here and scuba diving lessons, I will try it with my H in a week when it clears, this was my P4, oops! Bad word on here ! LOL !;)
This video is private.
Sorry about that

That is the message when I try to play video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval