Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New CGO3+ Gimbal firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I knew what anyone meant by gimbal tuning I might be able to muster a response.

In the meantime I’ve got a new TH 480 with a gimbal that produces Jello video and buzzes. The firmware was grasping at a straw.

If I knew what anyone meant by gimbal tuning I might be able to muster a response.

In the meantime I’ve got a new TH 480 with a gimbal that produces Jello video and buzzes. The firmware was grasping at a straw.
Sorry to hear that, my gimbals are all working well but I cannot seem to eliminate the constant magnetic interference / calibrate compass messages I get continually when I'm flying despite proper calibration and being no where near any metal or magnetism ....I consider myself a lucky lad to only have problems like that to deal with given the state of the world.

Reactions: PatR
Pat it states
  • Improved gimbal tuning.

Does anyone have their Yuneec Gimbal tuning fork? I seem to have misplaced mine... hate it when my CGO3+ goes flat... :rolleyes:

I don’t understand why people are trying to install an update without a clue for what it’s supposed to do. What “issues” does it address, exactly?

I believe there are at least two reasons: firstly it is because the update is live on Yuneec's website and secondly Yuneec always highlights that we should be using the latest firmware that is available.

About knowing what the update does, we will only know for sure what it does, after we test it. Until we test it, we can only believe in what is written in the description of this update which is "improved gimbal tuning".

Anyone curious about that metod, I just tried it and it doesn't work.

It is worth mentioning I wouldnt be messing with this update if the particular gimbal I'm willing to install it on was working fine.

Since I've attempted and failed to install this update in many different ways I will now stop. The last thing I want is to have the forced update failing mid-way and bricking the gimbal for good.

Greetings!

Did you also change the checksum in the FILE_MD5 file?

You’ve got a bad sensor I’m guessing. See if Vertigo can be your warranty provider. They are good on repairs.

I'm thinking this has to be part of a bigger update, especially since it was 'found' and not advertised. I'd say the rest should come along any day now.

Everybody is trying how to install and what is new on the update ... Why don't you call Customer Service from Yuneec ? They send the update and who knows better than them ?

Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr
You’ve got a bad sensor I’m guessing. See if Vertigo can be your warranty provider. They are good on repairs.

Thanks, Craig!

I'm going to check with CarolinaDronz first as they are also an authorized repair shop and a lot closer. If they can't handle it then I'll give Vertigo a call.

I just got my TH480 last week and it came with gimbal firmware version 1.27 already installed. That still doesn't tell us what the difference is between it and the previous version. I also noticed they took down the download link from the Yuneec site.

Pat, were the rest of the firmware levels consistent with what we were all ready running?

Sure hope Yuneec can explain all this.

As suspected the posting of the v1.27 gimbal update was likely a mistake. It has been pulled from the download page.

As suspected the posting of the v1.27 gimbal update was likely a mistake. It has been pulled from the download page.
I
I just got my TH480 last week and it came with gimbal firmware version 1.27 already installed. That still doesn't tell us what the difference is between it and the previous version. I also noticed they took down the download link from the Yuneec site.
Are you sure you have Gimbal 1.27 and not 1.25?

Something funny?

Yeh.

This thread is all about that firmware. I do not suppose anyone could be wrong in mentioning his H being delivered with the 1.27 firmware.
Besides there is at least one other report of an H pilot that got his new bird delivered with the new firmware.

One could ask why some pilots have got their new H (ordered and received at a later date then the mentioned new pilots) delivered with the older firmware. Also one may assume (!) the 1.27 firmware is existing and it functions, but seemingly there was something wrong with the update for existing models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430