Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New CGO3+ Gimbal firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't going to do the update, but if no one can get it to work by mid evening, I will do it and let you know.
Please. I don't think any of us who have tried have any idea how to incorporate CGO3_PLUS_V1.27.yuneec

Ron

Does anyone have these versions loaded on their ST 16's this is necessary for update to work.
To gain features listed in this new firmware update please make sure your autopilot version is v1.35 or above and camera version is v3.2.34 or above. Gimbal version is 1.25

The instructions also indicate you should use the normal (as seen in the video which has been linked and which I've tried without success)

USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF ST16 FIRMWARE

I'm currently up to date according to their instructions for this update to work but it does not...which brings me to another question because of the constant magnet / compass warnings despite recalibrating compass in the field successfully....How can I reload older more stable versions? Have them all saved.

Last edited:
Does anyone have these versions loaded on their ST 16's this is necessary for update to work.
To gain features listed in this new firmware update please make sure your autopilot version is v1.35 or above and camera version is v3.2.34 or above.

USE WITH LATEST VERSION OF ST16 FIRMWARE

Yes, my TH480 is at all the latest firmware levels.

Murray, I predict you will not be successful....a few of us have been around the block twice on this but I welcome anybody who's willing to try of course. I recall this happening one other time when one aspect of an update was posted before the others and for a day or two no one could get it to work. Thanks

I don’t understand why people are trying to install an update without a clue for what it’s supposed to do. What “issues” does it address, exactly?

It's because we haven't had an update in 10 months and everyone is hoping for something new. I'm suspecting this was posted in error. It may be part of a larger update that is not yet ready.

In an earlier post I said that the update was found to work. I meant to say that it did not work. My apologies.

I don’t understand why people are trying to install an update without a clue for what it’s supposed to do. What “issues” does it address, exactly?
For the same reason the mouse goes after the cheese in the trap, curiosity mostly I would suspect. But as with most things Yuneec, they come with vague explanations. So the update is a no harm no foul unless you try it. I am working on installing it now, but I think it is a corrupt file.

It's because we haven't had an update in 10 months and everyone is hoping for something new. I'm suspecting this was posted in error. It may be part of a larger update that is not yet ready.

In an earlier post I said that the update was found to work. I meant to say that it did not work. My apologies.
I picked up on what you meant, but thought to try it. I would have to say you are correct though. This is only a small part of a larger update. I recall there being mention of an update for the H for the beginning of 2018, so this is only part. You would need to have the whole file to complete this. I tried every way possible and have found no way to do it. So it will be a waiting game to see the complete file on Yuneec's site.

has anyone tried the CGO3+ Gimbal v1.27 the file has a .yuneec extension and not a .bin
so where does it install from ?
Yes, my H came with Gimbal version V1.27 when I received it last Dec.

Right. It should be part of the .bin update which would include the Autopilot and camera. On Wings H it was obviously incorporated in v3.04.

Try replacing the Gimbal: v1.25 file in the Drone firmware (Typhoon H STD v3.04.bin) file with the v1.27 file using archiving software like 7zip. That should do the trick.

Pat it states "
  • Improved gimbal tuning.
" do you think that is worthy of an update?

I can't tell about everyone else, but I have a damaged gimbal, (it's a crash survivor, however it has a very annoying twitch every now and then, thus producing nearly unusable footage every time.)

I still have to repair it (if its possible) and I was willing to use it as a guinea pig to test this new gimbal firmware (could the new "tuning" help improve this weird behavior?). Anyway it seems it can't be installed by itself so there's nothing to see/test at the moment.

Greetings!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ok, give it a try first and let us know....... ;)
I do not have an H and will not share the file I just edited. I would not want to be held responsible if one bricks their H. I do not see why it should not work though since the required Autopilot and camera files are already in the 3.04 firmware.

I knew what you meant that's why I asked to hear from "the others". I've done these updates since the week the H first came out...on 3 machines and I think it's hilarious how people assume those trying it don't know what they're doing...

Pat it states "
  • Improved gimbal tuning.
" do you think that is worthy of an update?

Do the majority currently have any issues with gimbal tuning? That’s a question we should be asking ourselves before going further. We should also remember their word selection for descriptions is often vague or inaccurate. Two cliche’s come to mind; no hurry, no worry, and if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. There should be no rush to adopt a poorly defined unknown.

I think @zandoli has it right. That would be the only way to install it.

Anyone curious about that metod, I just tried it and it doesn't work.

It is worth mentioning I wouldnt be messing with this update if the particular gimbal I'm willing to install it on was working fine.

Since I've attempted and failed to install this update in many different ways I will now stop. The last thing I want is to have the forced update failing mid-way and bricking the gimbal for good.

Greetings!

I'm a tinkerer Pat, I'm checking code right now to see difference in two versions, it may be things which I've already done with channel settings...digging around I also found some H+ software. My apologies to you for my curiosity but that's how I choose to live.

Reactions: JulesTEO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy