Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New CGO3+ Gimbal firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh.

This thread is all about that firmware. I do not suppose anyone could be wrong in mentioning his H being delivered with the 1.27 firmware.
Besides there is at least one other report of an H pilot that got his new bird delivered with the new firmware.

One could ask why some pilots have got their new H (ordered and received at a later date then the mentioned new pilots) delivered with the older firmware. Also one may assume (!) the 1.27 firmware is existing and it functions, but seemingly there was something wrong with the update for existing models.
There are similar version numbers for the Gimbal and the H itself. It may be easy to confuse the 2.

I went on the website I do not see any update for January of 2018... For US anyway.... Maybe you could help me find it

I

Are you sure you have Gimbal 1.27 and not 1.25?
This is what I see when I go to About Controller on the ST16.
a7098c06d3be0d210ed0275045b8d160.jpg

When you order an H you have no way of knowing if it is one which was just delivered to a dealer or if it was sitting in a warehouse for a month or more. If it was a recent shipment from Yuneec it will have the 1.27 firmware. If it was a warehouse shipment it may have the 1.25 firmware. It's really not a problem. Both appear to work equally well.

Reactions: m5zealot
Didn't we all agree in the past not to update if your bird is flying fine? :p Of course I can't talk because mine is at Kavservice in MO for warranty work. (Drifting and won't land manually above 50 feet) Bad GPS and some sensors apparently. It's been about 3 weeks and very little or no communication from them. :(

Didn't we all agree in the past not to update if your bird is flying fine? :p Of course I can't talk because mine is at Kavservice in MO for warranty work. (Drifting and won't land manually above 50 feet) Bad GPS and some sensors apparently. It's been about 3 weeks and very little or no communication from them. :(
Yes. IMHO only update if any new firmware is going to give you something that you realy want. If the firmware isn't going to give you an extra feature that you would like, and the aircraft is otherwise performing fine, then leave it as is.

I've only ever updated my aircraft just once back in February 2017 using the firmware made available in November 2016 and I only did it then because my camera connection times where getting stupid (the last time it flew before I updated it the camera took over half a hour and several re-boots to connect!). If it were not for that I would probably be still using the firmware it originally came with.

Reactions: m5zealot
If everything functions as it should there's no need to alter the firmware. It function correctly as designed. I just don't understand why so many pine for something they imagine they don't already have, or rush to make changes to something that works just fine. That we haven't had a firmware update in so long is a good thing. It means nothing is broken.

If everything functions as it should there's no need to alter the firmware. It function correctly as designed. I just don't understand why so many pine for something they imagine they don't already have, or rush to make changes to something that works just fine. That we haven't had a firmware update in so long is a good thing. It means nothing is broken.

You really don't get it, do you?

I got my second TH480 in Dec 2017 from B&H at a great price. Since it was my SECOND TH80 so I wanted to keep the firmware the same so that my feeble brain wouldn't get confused. I'm a bit anal about technical details so I keep track of things.

Yuneec Typhoon H 480
Latest firmware from Yuneec: Dec 2017

Drone Firmware
Typhoon H STD v3.04
Gimbal: v1.25, Autopilot v 1.35
Camera: v.3.2.34 (A)

Controller Firmware
ST16 Controller STD v.3.01..b30

==============================================

second (new) Yuneec Typhoon H 480 came with:

Drone Firmware
Typhoon H STD v3.04
Gimbal: v1.25, Autopilot v 1.3
Camera: v.3.2.26 (A)

Controller Firmware
ST16 Controller STD v.3.01.b27
Transmitter Version: st16_tx_v.00.24
Radio Version: st16_rf_v01.10

After the firmware update to the new bird flies like a dream. The 4K video is crisp but unfortunately I often see jello video and at times the gimbal buzzes like a banshee. Yes, I'll be giving CarolinaDronz or Terrestrial Image a call next week about some warranty work. I did register the TH 480 with Yuneec when I got it.

Hello everyone.

I just noticed there's a download link for a new camera/gimbal firmware on the Yuneec download site with release date 1/25/2018. Description: "Improved gimbal tuning"

As I haven't seen any posts about this I just wanted to bring it up.

It's a small update but I guess this means we can rule out support being "dead", huh?

Anyway, I'll wait a bit before testing this update. Hoping to hear about your results!

Downloads Typhoon H

Greetings!
I did a full update of the ST16+ and the H on 1/27/18 and somehow my gimbal file was CGO3_PLUS_V1.27. I see it is back to V1.25 or at least that is what the info on Yuneec's website says. I have flown 3 or 4 times since the full firmware update and it flies excellently! Did you download the update and if so what was the file name?

Yeh.

This thread is all about that firmware. I do not suppose anyone could be wrong in mentioning his H being delivered with the 1.27 firmware.
Besides there is at least one other report of an H pilot that got his new bird delivered with the new firmware.

One could ask why some pilots have got their new H (ordered and received at a later date then the mentioned new pilots) delivered with the older firmware. Also one may assume (!) the 1.27 firmware is existing and it functions, but seemingly there was something wrong with the update for existing models.

The source of the New H's could be the difference. Was it purchased from a stateside location where it had been sitting on a shelf for a period of time (an older lot). Or was it a bird that had just been built and would have the new FW right out of the factory.

So in a Nutshell. I have the below FW in my H since last year. Is there a benefit to a newer FW, i.e. performance, camera quality, etc? Or am I better off where I am at. Is there a newer FW that has been tested and had proven to have excellent results. Thanks in advance for any input.Firmware Typhoon H.jpg

Pat it states "
  • Improved gimbal tuning.
" do you think that is worthy of an update?

It wasn't to me either! UPDATING FIRMWARE ISN'T ALWAYS A GOOD THING

I wanted to step in here because I want to stress that not all updates are good updates. I don't know if any of you own Apple products. This could be true for other software but, EVERY TIME there is an update, that update may improve the app for sure. However, 99% of time the update also deletes certains functions that you may like to use or need for your specific flying.

I'm at work so I'm going to simplify this. I have my part 107 exemption and fly a lot in Hawaii. There are certain situations I need to get my H higher than 400 feet to clear trees, waterfalls, mountains etc. for short periods for safety. So I went into the GUI to change my altitude settings. Now fast forward a few months when the major update came - particular for the Auto PIlot program - I updated because that is what God tells you to do right?

I can't remember the exact names of the software (1.25 1.29??) but updating cause me to loose setting my altitudes for the H. I couldn't not go above 400 feet in a remote jungle and no air traffic. I found out thru resourceful people in here that the update deleted this feature. There was no known notice from Yuneec this would happen but the techs confirmed it when you called them. A tech had me downgrade back to the older Auto Pilot version in order to get the altitude preference feature back. This caused me some frustration and time. So my point is, updating to new firmware is not always a good thing. It really depends on what benefits the update gives you. (and what headaches if adds) Always access if an update will be beneficial by asking Yuneec or us in here. If she flies and takes good dronies then leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi