Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New DataPilot update 1/17/2020

It is quite surprising what effect the firmware has on the connection (both control and video). There was some experimentation on the H+ in the last couple of weeks that really brought this fact out. I only mention it here due to the similarities I’m seeing between the H520 and the H+ in regard to signal quality with different firmware builds.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It is quite surprising what effect the firmware has on the connection (both control and video). There was some experimentation on the H+ in the last couple of weeks that really brought this fact out. I only mention it here due to the similarities I’m seeing between the H520 and the H+ in regard to signal quality with different firmware builds.
It may have more to do with the firmware on the RC itself. There have been two updated on the ST16s in the last 3 months.

In the firmware are the parameters of transmission or reception power of the antennas (both in the drone and in the transmitter which is at the same time a receiver). They are usually touched to try to make the connection as stable as possible so it makes perfect sense that the quality of the signal can vary from one firmware to another.

Gimbal pitch shake was BAD today. Got to 40% battery on the ST16s before I started the video and 38% when it did start. Luckily my video software took care of it, but I totally flaked on charging last night...

• Sad
Reactions: arruntus
Hi, I just upgraded my H520 and my E90 camera. And I have a problem that the gimbal turns crazy non-stop, and only stops when I turn off the drone.
Can anybody help me ?
I can go back to the previous version of the firmware.
Please I need help.

Use this link to download only the gimbal.yuneec file.
Copy the file to an sd card and install it in the camera. (Do not turn on the controller)
While holding the camera forward and level, turn on the H520. Release the camera when you feel the gimbal power on.
Wait for several minutes while watching the camera LED.

Reactions: chascoadmin
I'm just finding my way through Datapilot (PC v1.5.0.1, which I believe is the latest version). I saw a tutorial online that showed 'Swap Waypoints' for missions that require more than 1 battery, but when I plan a survey on my PC and deliberately set the area for multiple batteries, the plan doesn't show the battery Swap waypoint at all! Is this a new 'feature' or am I missing something? In the attached you can see the home point, entry and exit waypoints but nowhere can I see the swap point. Any ideas please?

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 5
When you plan a survey in Datapilot on your PC, there should be information at the top of the right side of the frame that gives you a battery estimate to complete the survey. Keep in mind that the information is only an estimate as weather conditions and other factors may affect the flight time per battery. What I typically do is monitor the battery percentage and once it comes close to 30%, I determine the optimum point to initiate an RTL function. Otherwise the battery percentage goes a good bit lower than what makes me comfortable, and you don't want the drone to fly a long segment away from you while the battery is below 30%. If your survey layout is planned to have the drone progressively closer to your location (and the starting point), then you can anticipate how to initiate the RTL for good proximity. Once you initiate the RTL, it will come back to the starting point and land. Turn off the drone, but don't do anything to the controller. Replace the battery, restart the drone and when it binds to the controller, it will ask if you want to resume the mission. At that point, it will remember the waypoint where it left off and will resume with that waypoint. It's helpful to have the "file numbering option" for the camera set on "sequential" so the subsequent photo numbers match with the those from the first and subsequent batteries. I hope that helps. Just remember, the drones can behave very erratically when the voltage gets low, so plan to make the battery change soon after reaching 30% remaining.

When you plan a survey in Datapilot on your PC, there should be information at the top of the right side of the frame that gives you a battery estimate to complete the survey. Keep in mind that the information is only an estimate as weather conditions and other factors may affect the flight time per battery. What I typically do is monitor the battery percentage and once it comes close to 30%, I determine the optimum point to initiate an RTL function. Otherwise the battery percentage goes a good bit lower than what makes me comfortable, and you don't want the drone to fly a long segment away from you while the battery is below 30%. If your survey layout is planned to have the drone progressively closer to your location (and the starting point), then you can anticipate how to initiate the RTL for good proximity. Once you initiate the RTL, it will come back to the starting point and land. Turn off the drone, but don't do anything to the controller. Replace the battery, restart the drone and when it binds to the controller, it will ask if you want to resume the mission. At that point, it will remember the waypoint where it left off and will resume with that waypoint. It's helpful to have the "file numbering option" for the camera set on "sequential" so the subsequent photo numbers match with the those from the first and subsequent batteries. I hope that helps. Just remember, the drones can behave very erratically when the voltage gets low, so plan to make the battery change soon after reaching 30% remaining.
This is pretty much exactly what we do. 30-25% and RTL right out of a corner. This is very important because Yuneec batteries are known to drop quickly once they hit 25%. One function that DroneDeploy has that I wish we could get in DataPilot is Precision Point Return. This allows you to RTL anywhere and return back to that spot. I am usually station in the center of the tract so being able to RTL in close proximity saves allot of battery. As for the battery estimates the flight is always quicker than the estimate. Sometimes I plan for a midpoint and it ends up doing 75% of the mission.

One trick to maximize the efficiency of the flight is to set it up and then go into the flight speed control and dial it up until the shot interval gets to about 2.2 seconds. You can usually gain quite a bit of time and as long as you are over 2 seconds you won't have any problems with consistent capture.

Thanks for the replies, that’s really useful. It sounds like the Swap Waypoint that auto displays on the survey grid has been removed (saw it in a 2018 youtube tutorial made by Pegasus drones), I guess because the drone will return to the RTL trigger point anyway!

Thanks for the replies, that’s really useful. It sounds like the Swap Waypoint that auto displays on the survey grid has been removed (saw it in a 2018 youtube tutorial made by Pegasus drones), I guess because the drone will return to the RTL trigger point anyway!
It will return to the last waypoint passed. They only establish waypoints at the turns. Your best bet is to manually initiate RTL right out of a corner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cothach876