Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New DataPilot update 1/17/2020

no data pilot crash or lost data link event yet. pesky no gps on the controller after controller battery change out still effects me. drone solid no issues with it. that's needs to be nailed down for the remote id nprm turns into the final rule for remote id.

you may notice in hovering that while the h520 is holding steady the indication distance from controller is fluctuating more than I liking. found a marker on the ground ( a small ground flag) and focused the camera on it and the camera image held steady over it. gps was 21 then 22 sats. on the h520 controller was gps 17 to 18 sats. stick monitor indicated solid middle. the distance from controller was off.

Reactions: chascoadmin
you may notice in hovering that while the h520 is holding steady the indication distance from controller is fluctuating more than I liking. found a marker on the ground ( a small ground flag) and focused the camera on it and the camera image held steady over it. gps was 21 then 22 sats. on the h520 controller was gps 17 to 18 sats. stick monitor indicated solid middle. the distance from controller was off.

How much was it off, exactly?

Did the distance readout make it seem like the craft was moving away from its hover point, or oscillating around it.

Makes a bit of a difference as to how the distance values were actually fluctuating.

Thanks, Terrence!

Jeff

We've got a couple of days of rain, but I will do some testing when I can get out and see if I can reproduce the behaviour. Thanks!

moving away at the time just did new round of testing . better results this time on holding. however back and forth motion do make a v notch at first on my gps aircraft reading the hdop fluctuated .8 to .6 and the vdop hit 1.1 to .7 at best the v notch was vdop hit 1.1 to 1.0 no notch when the that number was lower the range changes when battery was changed out it kept the same reading though out the flight. yesterday on the controller reading alone said the aircraft was heading forward buy as mush as 20 ft but that did not match up with the trace line coming from the aircraft on the map screen. there was no trace line. had map set to show a small area as possible. then again the long and lat cords did not change on the controller on both days. good new the venom h520 battery is over 7 months old and still gives solid 26 min flight time with e90 attached.

for 2 years and 10 months my h480 ultrax batteries are holding 20 min average solid with h520 on e90. charging up for a third round with yuneec oem 520 batteries have a few things I want to redo and double check on.

Last edited:
just flew the last batch of 4 batteries. now after intial arm the disarm then rearm of the h520 to mitigate the slight jog to the left after going forward . I move the unit side to side few feet then right hover turn then left hover turn only after doing that for some reason it moves forward or back wards with out the slight left jog at the end. granted the course over ground reading ranges in the 320 + or minus few single digit numbers. best course over ground has hit very low 100's have not gotten that number to double digits yet

on vacation in sw Missouri just south south east of carthage. On location 60 acer vbro spread. great weather for more test flights. just ordered gifi h480 highest mha avalible. unfortunately it waiting for me back at base.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Flew tests with four Gifi 7900mah, burned them down to 12-15% and recharges were anywhere from 6500-6700mah. Two of them I have had for a couple of months with 30-40 cycles each and zero swelling. As I stated before, they took one month to get here ordered through their website.

well surveys and corridor mission seem to work okay however I had a nasty time with angle flights flipping into rtl mode. out 11 flights I did I got hit with 9 that had multi rtl triggered between 1200 ft 2200 ft from ground station. same flight patterns as Tuesday were I was getting 3000 to 4000 ft from controller no issues or loss of link. agl was at 395ft launched from a empty cattle pasture hill top.

well surveys and corridor mission seem to work okay however I had a nasty time with angle flights flipping into rtl mode. out 11 flights I did I got hit with 9 that had multi rtl triggered between 1200 ft 2200 ft from ground station. same flight patterns as Tuesday were I was getting 3000 to 4000 ft from controller no issues or loss of link. agl was at 395ft launched from a empty cattle pasture hill top.
What do you mean by angle flights? Angle flight mode? I lose reception at about 600m when the drone turns. I can't say for sure, but I think it is when it is pointing at me and it tried to RTL. Giving it a few seconds then it comes back into range and goes angle again so I turn around try to go to that spot again and when I point it back at me it goes RTL. Happens quite a bit.

• Wow
notice difference in controller thowing rc control link loss and current outdoor tempratures and direct sunlight on the controller. controller heats up quick in direct sun. and in mid summer temps effect controller. The lcd screen is above normal to hot to the touch.

After 20 miles of flight I can confirm that every time mine turned back toward me at about 800m I had a slight loss of link so it's definitely influenced by the orientation of the aircraft. I wonder what would keep me from making the antenna longer?

After 20 miles of flight I can confirm that every time mine turned back toward me at about 800m I had a slight loss of link so it's definitely influenced by the orientation of the aircraft. I wonder what would keep me from making the antenna longer?
Do you have a 4Hawks on the ST16?

The length of the antenna cable determines the frequency at which it transmits. It's not that simple and some people make a few mistakes that make it not work :confused:

A small article where he talks about the subject, as a basis for research is very good :)

MAKE A SIMPLE WHIP ANTENNA FOR 5.8GHZ- LINEAR POLORIZED FPV VIDEO

P.D.: In the last versions of the H480 with very good criteria they put those small plastic tubes that hang with the idea of improving the signal and that does not make shade with the own aircraft. These are the two small tubes that come out of the base of the camera.

The length of the antenna cable determines the frequency at which it transmits. It's not that simple and some people make a few mistakes that make it not work :confused:

A small article where he talks about the subject, as a basis for research is very good :)

MAKE A SIMPLE WHIP ANTENNA FOR 5.8GHZ- LINEAR POLORIZED FPV VIDEO

P.D.: In the last versions of the H480 with very good criteria they put those small plastic tubes that hang with the idea of improving the signal and that does not make shade with the own aircraft. These are the two small tubes that come out of the base of the camera.
Interesting and great to know. The H520 obviously came from the Typhoon form factor and has had the tubes since inception. We went through this issue several times in beta and fixed it in DP v1.5.2, but then overall range suffered. It appeared again in a later v1.5.x, but I don't recall exactly which one and seems to be persisting in v1.6 unless it is my aircraft. I have tried several ST16s', but will my other one as soon as I can.

Interesting and great to know. The H520 obviously came from the Typhoon form factor and has had the tubes since inception. We went through this issue several times in beta and fixed it in DP v1.5.2, but then overall range suffered. It appeared again in a later v1.5.x, but I don't recall exactly which one and seems to be persisting in v1.6 unless it is my aircraft. I have tried several ST16s', but will my other one as soon as I can.

Anyway I'm explaining to you, when you know more about H520 than any of us, sorry, I'm going on automatic ?

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1