Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Drone Firmware Realeased for the H!!

Not sure how this IPS works, but I was the other day flying very low, about 50cm from the ground without legs so I am not sure how can IPS keep me from landing without legs as it didn't move legs down automaticaly when lowering altitude.

If you have the RealSense Pro, and get below 1.5 meters or so landing with the legs raised , the IPS, bottom sensors, will stop the descent. You will have to lower the legs, not automatic. This is the way mine operates. You're in Europe?

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
If you have the RealSense Pro, and get below 1.5 meters or so landing with the legs raised , the IPS, bottom sensors, will stop the descent. You will have to lower the legs, not automatic. This is the way mine operates. You're in Europe?
Yes, I am in Europe. Once I was flying very low below 1.5 for sure , not landing but flying above grass and it didn't stop me in any way. RealSense was OFF. I need to test this again because if this is suppose to work like you said, this seems to be not working on my H.

My biggest request for the next firmware is the ability to downgrade my firmware :) Sometimes I wonder if Yuneec owns their own YTH. You know, one they can install a new firmware update on and fly it around a little before sending out the firmware to us.

My biggest request for the next firmware is the ability to downgrade my firmware :) Sometimes I wonder if Yuneec owns their own YTH. You know, one they can install a new firmware update on and fly it around a little before sending out the firmware to us.

Makes sense they they would.... but I don't think everyone lives in a world where everything makes sense...

I think they are having firmware issues because they have two or more different hardware versions and/or no quality control on the parts manufacture process. This is causing them to built firmware that seems to work with what appears to be 60% of the units at any one time if you believe the polls here.

They really need to get it together and make this a series business for them.... I was impressed with the Breeze for example, and they must have been focused on that and thus not working on the TH firmware. Then the Karma details started coming out and that was a good deal better than Breeze. Then the DJI Mavic comes out and holy crap thats way better....

Yuneec really seems over committed these days. I know in the end they will make this fly right, but they have damaged their brand. Its going to be hard to recover from that.

Breeze and other drones you mentioned are not in the same price range at all. Breeze is 500 EUR while Maveric is at least double.

Breeze and other drones you mentioned are not in the same price range at all. Breeze is 500 EUR while Maveric is at least double.

Not the point. I'm not comparing the TH to those other models. The point was that Yuneec is seems distracted competing with those models with thier version. They need to focus on making the TH software better.

Yuneec is fighting a battle in a serval market segmaents. With a bit more focus on refinement the TH can do very well in in market segment. Instead they build the breeze which will get murdered on its market. They are going to lose that segment and that energy could be focused on the TH line and actually win this segment.

I say this because even a 999 Mavic seems way better and with the extra features camera gimble crushes a 499 breeze. Add in karma the market share that is left for Yuneec doesn't seem worth going after when they are leaving behind all this reputation damage with thier flagship model. Ignoring the H920 which doesn't widely get great reviews either.

Point again. I spent 1900 on my TH and it's now at the improvement of flying somewhat spotty.

I am of the opinion that there team is too small to be chasing this breeze market but yet they are capable of building a great TH if they spent some time fixing it.

Not the point. I'm not comparing the TH to those other models. The point was that Yuneec is seems distracted competing with those models with thier version. They need to focus on making the TH software better.

Yuneec is fighting a battle in a serval market segmaents. With a bit more focus on refinement the TH can do very well in in market segment. Instead they build the breeze which will get murdered on its market. They are going to lose that segment and that energy could be focused on the TH line and actually win this segment.

I say this because even a 999 Mavic seems way better and with the extra features camera gimble crushes a 499 breeze. Add in karma the market share that is left for Yuneec doesn't seem worth going after when they are leaving behind all this reputation damage with thier flagship model. Ignoring the H920 which doesn't widely get great reviews either.

Point again. I spent 1900 on my TH and it's now at the improvement of flying somewhat spotty.

I am of the opinion that there team is too small to be chasing this breeze market but yet they are capable of building a great TH if they spent some time fixing it.

First off from what I know Yuneec released the Breeze because they have a perfect drone that will sells well in stores like Target Best Buy Frys and Walmart. Its a perfect drone for people that want something simple. Parents are the ones that are going to buy it. It might be easier to spend 499.99 instead of $1,000 drone like mavic or Gopro. I have a son only 3 years old and you think oneday he will ask to fly a drone you think i will buy a Phantom 10? LOL nope sorry i here is a Breeze or syma.

Remember Yuneec doesnt make there money selling to small busniess like aces deals Carolina dronz etc etc the real money is in Big Box stores when orders are millions of dollars.

Your logic is sound for volume sales.
There is no way to know which of us is right at this point however. I stand by my conviction that the Yuneec Breeze will not capture any meaningful market share compared to mavic and karma.

The truth is there are cheaper drones out there that parents will buy for their kids. Breeze fits in an awkward place in that market.

Guys at my work are having this conversation and even before the mavic was available, they were not thrilled with the breeze.

I showed them the mavic today and even at twice the price they ordered it to get them in time for the holidays for there sons.

I don't think any market has a significant volume of buyers for products in the middle. They buy on price or features - and maybe we collectively call that value. I guess I'm saying that the Breeze's feature/Value equation is not right compared whats available in the market.

At the end of the day let's revisit this topic in a year.

But my original point still stands. Yuneec should have stayed out of the breeze market at this time and focused on the TH as they seem to have under developed it and spend reputation points in the process

I don't care if breeze flops or makes them millions. The Yuneec Software team seems small and took lots of short cuts. If I wanted a small 1080p drone (Which the breeze is as who wants non stabilized 4k video from a drone) I could Likly find a "good enough" one for less Than breeZe. If I wanted a great mini drone mavic price would not stop me if my only other choice was a breeze.

Karma's system of drone and wearable and all that is cool also. Consumer buying habits are hard to predict but in a year or less we will know for sure. I imagine after Christmas we will know.

In the mean time Yuneec should hire some good software programmers and set them loose on the TH as that hardware has real potential. If they had a bigger team and had the TH under control I would not even care about them being in that breese market.

If you haven't already, take a look at what social media is saying about these. There are bloggers with almost 5 million subscribers singing the praises of the mavic and karma.

Who's doing that for the breeZe. And before you say dji is paying these people, I don't think they are, the bloggers say they are not, and either way the market is hearing it and might even order these karma and mavics because of it.

First off from what I know Yuneec released the Breeze because they have a perfect drone that will sells well in stores like Target Best Buy Frys and Walmart. Its a perfect drone for people that want something simple. Parents are the ones that are going to buy it. It might be easier to spend 499.99 instead of $1,000 drone like mavic or Gopro. I have a son only 3 years old and you think oneday he will ask to fly a drone you think i will buy a Phantom 10? LOL nope sorry i here is a Breeze or syma.

Remember Yuneec doesnt make there money selling to small busniess like aces deals Carolina dronz etc etc the real money is in Big Box stores when orders are millions of dollars.

Your point totally makes sense if Yuneec's resources are spread thin and focus is split between the markets but without being an insider we can't know for sure. Yuneec may have plenty of resources to do both. Obviously since the H community is having some issues which customers want fixed, there is frustration when Yuneec enters another market while there are issues on the table. This is their business decision and timing is everything when pursuing other markets. Who knows, this could be a good thing for everyone concerned. A successful Breeze market could give them the cash infusion to better support the H.

Greg

The Breeze is one of those 'see it to appreciate it' things - pick it up, put it on the desk in your office, take off with your cellphone and watch it sit, rock solid in the air. It fits in a lunch box, comes with two batteries and 'just works'.

The Mavic comes across as something that will appeal to committed flyers. It's expensive, technical and still needs an extra screen to make it into a full camera drone. There seems to be some confusion about the camera as well. Some video is notably poorer than the Phantom, but I've seen some claims that the camera is focusable - via a tap - which of course means the 'optional' phone connection is not optional any more. If I were a P4 owner I'd be rolling my eyes at the moment.

The Karma is part of a camera system - GoPro are more interested in the gimbal than the drone, and it shows. You get a lot of toys in your bag and it's designed to go from hand-held sports to body mounted to flying in one session. The drone seems under specified to me, but people aren't buying it for the flying experience, they're buying it as an action camera.

These are wildly different systems that really don't compete with each other. People will buy the drone that suits their needs, not the 'best', because frankly there isn't a best drone, just a different combination of compromises. That's why Yuneec sell three different drones - they each suit different customers. It's also why I'm more than happy with my YTH and don't anticipate replacing it for some time.

From what I've seen of Yuneec's offering, the investment in the company by Intel, the sophistication of the flight systems, this is a company in it for the long haul. The YTH is a platform, not this year's product that will be immediately replaced by a whole new model. Of course it's not going to stop people from buying Karmas, Mavics and other drones, but that really isn't the issue - why should there be 'one drone to rule them all'? The market is changing incredibly rapidly at the moment, and it's putting a lot of pressure on the big players. There are fans who will only support their favourite brand (or the one that pays them), and persistent complainers who will never be happy with the machine they've bought. The companies will have to grow rapidly and that's not going to be without some pain - but this is all sign of a maturing industry that has gone from back room hobby to consumer and commercial product in an incredibly short time.

Just finished firmware upgrade and afterwards I see connections to H and camera works normal. So do I have to rebind anyway or not ?

I am super new to this
I have only had about five flights
I tried the last upgrade because I thought it would be nice to have it connect to the radio quickly, now I noticed when I fly out is site, I was on my friends land and went over his house and out of site, the radio started losing connection I walked around the house to where I could see it again and the connection stayed
Would the latest update help this?
Do I need to get a upgraded antenna?
I have the basic typhoon H, I got it just before the real sense one came out
Sorry if I missed this in another post

I'm on the edge of being happy with my purchase. It feels like a great drone is bottled up inside my TH that can fly great. After the last sept 27th software update you can see this character in it. It's so close to be being something I don't need to be pissed about not flying good that it's frustrating.

I see the potential and whatever the reasons I can't stop thinking they can fix this but they are not working on doing that as much as they can be. It seems firmware updates published just as the breeze was made public were very poor. The ones published after are way better. Hence It contributes to my opinion they are not focused on the TH

I think if the breeze doesn't have too many issues the team will have the time to fix the TH.

End the end it doesn't matter.

What ever is going on is complex and obscure to the non insiders.

New firmware will continue to come out and we will have to install it and try it. I see so many posts here with people saying they are going to wait until others have tried it now that I worry we will never really have enough people testing it before anyone installs it.

Good or bad this is what we have. Reputation has been spent, fear of upgrade settled in for a notable portion of the install base also.

If Yuneec formally extended warranty or did something to create a feeling of security for those that purchased the TH to feel better and the issues would be resolved inside my ownership window would be a big win for all.

As for Tuna's and other points. I see them as valid and this discussion about the breeze is largely an exchange of opinions as none of us really know without being that insider. I don't need to be right right but I enjoy the debate for sure.

The path forward is to install new upgrades and to voice the issues. Give the software engineers a chance to fix them, complain about the bugs, install new code again and do it over. The issue for me when my windows laptop has software bugs and it crashes it's a pain to deal with but no one gets hurt. If my drone crashes because of bad software someone can get hurt and there is a chance of not only costs of the drone but other property damage too. Expectations are different and it's fair to expect more attention from drone software than a windows machine. Just like we expect other software in other systems that can cause damage or harm to be tested and higher functioning and more stable.

This is why my expectations for the software are higher - and I think we can expect that better stable software. Even if we are moving back room to main stream. If these manufactures continue to create products with risk factors and don't put some time into safety systems they will regulate this hobby and continue to restrict it even more

So again what ever the motivation for the breeze is and how it effects devolopment of the TH and other "only known to the internal peopleat Yuneec" - it remains a very reasonable expectation to focus efforts to fix what is in the field now and deliver on what was commited to all of the owners. I know that there a good deal of working units out where. But too many also don't.

No one could judge them for their decision to get into the breeze market if thier house was already in order. I don't think they are clean enough to be executing the business model they are trying to do with the breeze right now.

I'm not going to buy another drone and I will focus on making this one work. And I will continue to fly my q500 for fun and my TH when I'm looking for adventure.

Just finished firmware upgrade and afterwards I see connections to H and camera works normal. So do I have to rebind anyway or not ?

It is good Practive to rebind. It seems this is standard operating and proves to work and no harm in doing.

I speculate that the code for the radio itself being changed triggers the rebind requirement bit I feel more comfortable with a rebind.

Released today 9/26/16 anyone try it?

DESCRIPTION
  • Improves compass performance and aircraft stability when temperature is high.
  • Improves camera stability.
I purchased my Typhoon H days after the firmware release so I updated to the latest firmware. It is working just fine, so I imagine the firmware update is a good thing. No flying experience prior to the release however.

It is good Practive to rebind. It seems this is standard operating and proves to work and no harm in doing.

I speculate that the code for the radio itself being changed triggers the rebind requirement bit I feel more comfortable with a rebind.
Actually I mean that I just upgraded aircraft with latest firmware. ST16 was already upgraded before. So when I upgraded aircraft it connected to the ST16 without problem. Nevertheless I am not sure if I need to rebind and how to rebind when connections are now already working fine. Shoule I create/copy profile and proceed this way or any way else ?

Released today 9/26/16 anyone try it?

DESCRIPTION
  • Improves compass performance and aircraft stability when temperature is high.
  • Improves camera stability.
Fixing heat issues will result in performance reductions like what happened with phantoms I'm guessing. If there were features added I'd be tempted to update but I'm not having issues so I'll pass on this one.
I have not made one single update and there has been several since I got my H. It flies like dream, no issues at all. I am sure that at some point in time I will update. My question is; will the latest update install all the previous updates or do I have to install each previous update individually??

Actually I mean that I just upgraded aircraft with latest firmware. ST16 was already upgraded before. So when I upgraded aircraft it connected to the ST16 without problem. Nevertheless I am not sure if I need to rebind and how to rebind when connections are now already working fine. Shoule I create/copy profile and proceed this way or any way else ?

If I recall i didn't have to delete a profile to rebind. I just tipped the craft forward a few times to trigger the process then on the controller did the binding procedure. I think it understands if was bound to that controller before. If the TH was bound to another controller it seems you have to delete the profile if I recall correct. If you don't have any customizations done to the curves of the controllers etc, delete it and doing it again is not a problem either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430