Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Drone Firmware Realeased for the H!!

Just completed first full flight in today's Florida heat. Everything seems fine except I noticed my light now stays a solid purple for 3 seconds then a quick white blink. Before it was two purple blinks then a white. One thing I did notice, and it may just be a coincidence, is my top speed is 26.6 mph. Before I could always hit 30-31 mph with gps on. Even down wind it stopped at 26.6 mph. Non gps flight seemed as quick as always (55+ mph downwind). This update did not correct my gimbal problem that popped up immediately after the last update (freezing while pointing straight up and 3 beeps that won't stop) so I'm headed to UPS to ship it off. I'll do a few more flights this afternoon and see how she behaves.
Mine does the purple light for 3 seconds then a quick white flash

I agree it's a patch, and not an upgrade. It appears to have fixed my problems. No orange or red lights, no toiletbowling, no praying while trying to land, no compass errors. Looks like I may not have to call Yuneec after all. I like it!

I agree it's a patch, and not an upgrade. It appears to have fixed my problems. No orange or red lights, no toiletbowling, no praying while trying to land, no compass errors. Looks like I may not have to call Yuneec after all. I like it!

If this holds true, and I hope it does, maybe I won't have to look in to other platforms. I have a new replacement on its way here now...

If this holds true, and I hope it does, maybe I won't have to look in to other platforms. I have a new replacement on its way here now...

Since you're hoping, let me be more specific as to what I actually did, so you can make a more informed decision. Another problem I have is that my flight times are really short (from16.6v -14.8v in 10 minutes) hovering only, as in, that's all I did, hover, at about 30ft with camera turned off. That, I will be calling Yuneec about. Anyway, it was at that time I noticed things were way off. Drifting badly, reporting incorrect altitude, toiletbowling, tough landings etc. My first battery this time was pretty much the same (not the problems). Went up about 15 feet, just to get the general feel of things. Everything looked good, so I went on up to 30ft and just hovered. After doing a 360, it did lose about 7 feet of altitude, after that, the loss of altitude, no longer happened when yawing. Then I went up further, about 150 ft, took a few pictures, did a couple of 360's. What's interesting is, when I brought it down to land, it was in the near identical place it took off from. I've flown it way up and come back down and been close to the takeoff point before, but, if it's any indication of drift, and not just a lucky shot, this was pretty **** impressive, especially considering there's an 8 to 12 mph breeze. Just so you know, I pretty much just calibrated my compass, and then checked for drift/stability. The H didn't even leave my yard. I will say, that I now feel 100% more confident, in taking it to the field for some good, non-anus puckering flights.

top speed is 26.6 mph. Before I could always hit 30-31 mph with gps on. Even down wind it stopped at 26.6 mph. Non gps flight seemed as quick as always (55+ mph downwind). .
Does anyone have any more info on this . is there a loss in speed after the new update.
Miss H

I only had a short flight but, my drift is gone that's really all I noticed! I don't have the room to do a speed test but it seems really unlikely the would slow anything down.. unless, its another glitch --
ok Brian thank you and if you get to try it can you let me know please. as I have only just done the v24 update and not been out yet to try it.
Thank you
Miss H

I just updated, didn't have to re-bind anything, but noticed after compass calibration that the accelerometer calibration would not respond. Moved to gimbal calibration instead which did calibrate fine with no weirdness. Tried accelerometer again and still nothing UNTIL I powered down the H only, then back on. Afterwards it did calibrate.

Other than that everything appears good in the air. I didn't notice any performance drops in regards to speed as I saw someone post earlier. I get approximately 29mph GPS and I actually got 54mph GPS OFF today which I previously was only getting approximately 44mph with GPS OFF.

Can't say yet if images and video have a different appearance to them. I'll keep playing with it.

This new update/patch sounds encouraging. It's my guess that the 'heat' issue is actually to do with the barometer calibrations - which would explain some of the issues people have had with the past fw. From my experience, the barometer needs to be calibrated to accept a pretty wide range of temps and I wonder whether the past fw didn't take this into account?

I just updated, didn't have to re-bind anything, but noticed after compass calibration that the accelerometer calibration would not respond. Moved to gimbal calibration instead which did calibrate fine with no weirdness. Tried accelerometer again and still nothing UNTIL I powered down the H only, then back on. Afterwards it did calibrate.

Other than that everything appears good in the air. I didn't notice any performance drops in regards to speed as I saw someone post earlier. I get approximately 29mph GPS and I actually got 54mph GPS OFF today which I previously was only getting approximately 44mph with GPS OFF.

Can't say yet if images and video have a different appearance to them. I'll keep playing with it.
Thank you L4 that sounds good to hear. I may just update it tomorrow if everyone is saying the same.
Thanks
Miss H

It's my guess that the 'heat' issue is actually to do with the barometer calibrations - which would explain some of the issues people have had with the past fw. From my experience, the barometer needs to be calibrated to accept a pretty wide range of temps and I wonder whether the past fw didn't take this into account?

What do you call a Barometer calibration? I don't understand.

soon we need to do a mod with Front mounted inter coller (FMIC) on our Typhoon H :) to get temp low as possible .. haha

Ive been aware of the Heat Issue with the IMU for a long time and mine was the first reported IMU to get ****** with heat. With the Help from my Friend FPVGUY we were able to come up with an idea to fix the IMU from over heating

Have Not had time to install it but will soon

inn.jpg

Reactions: TopFlightTexas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval