Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware CAMERA features - Oct 28

Reaction score
Here is a quick run-down of my 30 minute camera test of the new features:

EXPOSURE MODES: (these all work in CAMERA and VIDEO mode)
1. AVERAGE - Exposure is based on the average of light and dark areas (this is how it was in the past)
2. CENTER - Exposure is based on the center portion of the framed shot (common when tracking objects)
3. SPOT - Tap the ST16 screen image and where you touch will be the default exposure for the scene you are filming.

HISTOGRAM: (this works in CAMERA and VIDEO mode)
If the graph is to the left the image has many under exposed parts. If the graph is to the right the image has many over-exposed parts. You can slide the graph around the screen to place it where you like.

PHOTO FORMAT: (works in CAMERA mode)
Can now take photos in both JPG and DNG (RAW) at same time.
NOTE: Works in SINGLE shot photo mode but not other photo modes.

PHOTO MODES: (works in CAMERA mode)
1. SINGLE: Take one quality photo each time you press the camera button.
2. BURST: Take 3, 5 or 7 Photos in exactly 1 second (yep... 7 photos in 1 second)
3. TIMELAPSE: Take exactly 1 photo each second. Press Camera button to start. Press Camera button again to end Timelapse.
4. PANORAMA: (for this I left my two top toggle switches to the middle positions). You have two photo options:
A: SINGLE LAYER 360 DEGREE. Press the camera button to start and keep the TYPHOON 100% still. The camera will turn counter clockwise automatically (facing the horizon) and will take 8 Photos (takes 40 seconds to complete).
B: DOUBLE LAYER 360 DEGREE. Press the camera button to start and keep the TYPHOON 100% still. The camera will turn counter clockwise automatically (facing the horizon) and will take 8 Photos. Then it will point downward 45 degrees and rotate and take 8 more photos. Then it will point to the front and on a 75 or 80 degree angle and take 1 photo, then it will point to the rear and again point downward 75 to 80 degrees and take a photo. (Takes 1 minute and 45 seconds to complete.)

When you are in PANORAMA mode the exposure remains LOCKED on the very first picture which is perfect!
The above PANORAMA photos can be placed into a photo program and stitched together.

Last edited:

1. AVERAGE - Exposure is based on the average of light and dark areas (this is how it was in the past)
2. CENTER - Exposure is based on the center portion of the framed shot (common when tracking objects)
3. SPOT - Tap the ST16 screen image and where you touch will be the default exposure for the scene you are filming.

If the graph is to the left the image has many under exposed parts. If the graph is to the right the image has many over-exposed parts. You can slide the graph around the screen to place it where you like.

2. BURST: Take 3, 5 or 7 Photos in exactly 1 second (yep... 7 photos in 1 second)
3. TIMELAPSE: Take exactly 1 photo each second. Press Camera button to start. Press Camera button again to end Timelapse.
4. PANORAMA: (for this I left my two top toggle switches to the middle positions). You have two photo options:
A: SINGLE LAYER 360 DEGREE. Press the camera button to start and keep the TYPHOON 100% still. The camera will turn counter clockwise automatically (facing the horizon) and will take 8 Photos (takes 40 seconds to complete).
B: DOUBLE LAYER 360 DEGREE. Press the camera button to start and keep the TYPHOON 100% still. The camera will turn counter clockwise automatically (facing the horizon) and will take 8 Photos. Then it will point downward 45 degrees and rotate and take 8 more photos. Then it will point to the front and on a 75 or 80 degree angle and take 1 photo, then it will point to the rear and again point downward 75 to 80 degrees and take a photo.

When you are in PANORAMA mode the exposure remains LOCKED on the very first picture which is perfect!
The above PANORAMA photos can be placed into a photo program and stitched together.
GREAT INFO CAPTIAN DRONE!

Bill W.

Reactions: Christian
Looks like something might have gone wrong- I changed my Photos to DNG and JPG and format RAW --

well i shot some video and it was flat and ugly, come to find out it was shot in raw because I changed photo mode!

switched it back to normal and all is well but now my stills are in normal not raw ARGH! does not seem to be a way to set video separate--

Looks like something might have gone wrong- I changed my Photos to DNG and JPG and format RAW --

well i shot some video and it was flat and ugly, come to find out it was shot in raw because I changed photo mode!

switched it back to normal and all is well but now my stills are in normal not raw ARGH! does not seem to be a way to set video separate--
Notify yuneec...may be a bug they weren't aware of.

Bill W.

I just shot an 8 picture panorama, seems since its counter clockwise you have now to put the pictures backwards to create in an editor or its all messed up. So instead of going 1 - 8 clockwise you now have to go 8 -1 counterclockwise to get the panorama to come out correct

I just shot an 8 picture panorama, seems since its counter clockwise you have now to put the pictures backwards to create in an editor or its all messed up. So instead of going 1 - 8 clockwise you now have to go 8 -1 counterclockwise to get the panorama to come out correct

easy enough -- for Photoshop just rename them in the other direction :rolleyes:

Does it only go counter?

Bill W.

B: DOUBLE LAYER 360 DEGREE. Press the camera button to start and keep the TYPHOON 100% still. The camera will turn counter clockwise automatically (facing the horizon) and will take 8 Photos. Then it will point downward 45 degrees and rotate and take 8 more photos. Then it will point to the front and on a 75 or 80 degree angle and take 1 photo, then it will point to the rear and again point downward 75 to 80 degrees and take a photo. (Takes 1 minute and 45 seconds to complete.)

Thanks for a good rundown of the new camera features, Captaindrone... Looking forward to trying them out, when the storm, we're having, has calmed down...
The things I would like to see in a future camera updates is:
1. Bracketing exposure.
2. Grid lines for composition.
3. 9 photo Panorama option.
4. Manual Timelapse settings.
5. Be able to program camera actions in CCC.
and finally it would be nice to have the option to turn on/off the cross-hair back "again"...
Is all this to much to ask, I hope not....;-)

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me