Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware for H Available, No Transmitter yet!

Reaction score
n3srj and I have done upgrade successfully with no issues, quite simple when you watch video and do it the ole Phantom way! GUI is available now too!
Thanks n3srj for the tips !
Have fun you Typhoon H !

So I need a laptop now?man this is hobby is endless when it comes to the coin.All I have is an IPad,What should I get?I don't want to spend to much cause I'm already looking to get another Fpv machine.

So I need a laptop now?man this is hobby is endless when it comes to the coin.All I have is an IPad,What should I get?I don't want to spend to much cause I'm already looking to get another Fpv machine.
Do you have a regular PC? If you own drones, you need PC's to do firmware updates, although Phantoms do there's via you ipad or phone and the DJI GO app. Now the wife is gonna castrate you Humbee!

Just completed the upgrade myself successfully. It was only the one for the H correct? Seemed like the ST16 one is the one we currently already have.

M
Do you have a regular PC? If you own drones, you need PC's to do firmware updates, although Phantoms do there's via you ipad or phone and the DJI GO app. Now the wife is gonna castrate you Humbee!
aybe an old 6 or years or older laptop,that I'm sure works.LOL

n3srj and I have done upgrade successfully with no issues, quite simple when you watch video and do it the ole Phantom way! GUI is available now too!
Thanks n3srj for the tips !
Have fun you Typhoon H !
Great...how about a link to the video....I managed the GUI OK and changed defaults but having problem with firmware update...where is the video you've spoken of...thanks in advance.

Anyone know the difference between the international and europe only firmware, I was thinking channels used to complany with EU laws and whether that affected range or signal quality?

Thanks for posting the firmware update video DC!
I notice once again that Yuneec don't seem to give a #%}^ about anywhere apart fro US and Europe in their options for the downloads. Does anyone have any idea of the differences between the two, and who you send a map of the known world to at Yuneec? Just to let them see there's more than 2 places on the globe!
Also reinforces my theory of not caring, as those 2 areas are the only ones to have been given the privilege of receiving stock, even though others have PAID IN FULL.

Reactions: DroneClone
Thanks for posting the firmware update video DC!
I notice once again that Yuneec don't seem to give a #%}^ about anywhere apart fro US and Europe in their options for the downloads. Does anyone have any idea of the differences between the two, and who you send a map of the known world to at Yuneec? Just to let them see there's more than 2 places on the globe!
Also reinforces my theory of not caring, as those 2 areas are the only ones to have been given the privilege of receiving stock, even though others have PAID IN FULL.
I agree 100% with you Chris ! I know how it feels to be left out , when I lived in Africa for 4 years ! No one new what a steak or hamburger was, let alone a cow! and I quickly lost 68 pounds of blubber real fast, and at 6'1" and 168 lbs. that was a stick of a man roaming the wilds of the jungle, ****, even the lions left me alone as I didn't have enough meat to statify the pride ! LOL
As far as information about the H or any UAS that comes out, they give pissy information and leave it to us to figure it all out!
This could be your week M8 ! Smell it blowing in the wind!

I agree 100% with you Chris ! I know how it feels to be left out , when I lived in Africa for 4 years ! No one new what a steak or hamburger was, let alone a cow! and I quickly lost 68 pounds of blubber real fast, and at 6'1" and 168 lbs. that was a stick of a man roaming the wilds of the jungle, ****, even the lions left me alone as I didn't have enough meat to statify the pride ! LOL
As far as information about the H or any UAS that comes out, they give pissy information and leave it to us to figure it all out!
This could be your week M8 ! Smell it blowing in the wind!

OMG... No hamburger....Reminds me of...

(Cousin Eddie: I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?
Clark: You're the gourmet around here, Eddie.)

Reactions: NFB and DroneClone
Glider, let me know if you haven't fixed the camera, what Yuneec tells you and I really do hope you can go up and filming today my friend!

Anyone know the difference between the international and europe only firmware, I was thinking channels used to complany with EU laws and whether that affected range or signal quality?
European is in metric and US/Canada is standard ! LOL Don't have a clue except distance and heights and your frequency regulations may be different on wifi and satellites?

Europe requires a lower RF transmission power level so the radios use different firmware instructions to operate. Pro-Tip: If you are in Europe, use the standard version of firmware to get more range!

Thanks for that MDHughes, my original point was Yuneec don't seem to give any impression that anywhere else in the world exists as far as they're concerned. As an example the firmware download choices are US and Europe! What about guidelines for the rest of us who don't happen to live in those areas?
Can anyone tell me which would be the best version for Australia please?
Give us a clue here Yuneec, are you scanning this?

Last edited:
Europe requires a lower RF transmission power level so the radios use different firmware instructions to operate. Pro-Tip: If you are in Europe, use the standard version of firmware to get more range!

Yeah I thought the same, nice of them to offer the choice vs the DJI approach!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval