Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware for Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Q500 G

Reaction score
Support | Yuneec – Electric Aviation

• -Go Home Improved: Incase of loss of signal, Typhoon will return to home and remain in a hover until the signal is regained. Typhoon will land if the voltage is below 10.7 volts for a consecutive 3 seconds if the signal is not acquired.
  • -Improved GPS performance
  • -Improved Typhoon performance in wind
  • -Increased Angle Mode speed to 17mph
  • -Increased Follow Me and Watch Me speed to 22mph
  • -Improved landing characteristics
  • -Wizard connectivity
(Date: 10/26/2015)

Does anyone know the capacity of the ST10 controller? When i try to load the firmware onto the ST10 using my 64GB class 10 microsd it does not see the files nor the card. Then when i eject the card it is corrupt and i have to reformat. I have only tried another 64gb card and the same thing happens. I have not tried a smaller card. I saw on another forum that a user said that he tried his neighbors 8gb and then it worked. I will try that but i would prefer to buy the largest i can so that i can record longer times on the ST10.

ST10(+) does not like large gb cards when doing update. Use a 8gb or 16gb card that has been formatted and only has update files installed on card. Also make sure the card is installed correctly in transmitter.

Attachments

• TX CORRECT MICRO-CHIP INSTALL.jpg
    TX CORRECT MICRO-CHIP INSTALL.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 38
ST10(+) does not like large gb cards when doing update. Use a 8gb or 16gb card that has been formatted and only has update files installed on card. Also make sure the card is installed correctly in transmitter.

Ok thank you, had it in correctly but tried another card that was 16GB and it worked fine.

Yep, I had the same problem - Yuneec should put that is the up date notice, would make life easer for the first time user! Hint Hint

I tried to update the controller 4 or 5 times before calling customer service to find out the SD card I was using was too large, they recommended I use the original 16 gig that came with the aircraft and the system work properly.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why I did my TX update but when I try and update RF it says "No file" it also is preventing me from linking the model Q500 to my controller, so it doesn't recognize it. Seems like it should be a relatively easy thing to fix, but I'm not all that savvy with software.

Reactions: skypuppy
I just was informed my q500 4k has shipped and will arrive Fri the 18th. How can I tell if the firmware needs to be updated? By the way, this is my first experience with RC flying.

Connecting to the Yuneec site via the provided USB interface/programmer should tell you what version is loaded and what version is the latest available for download.

The site provides latest ST10+ firmware too.

Thanks, my 500 is scheduled to arrive Monday the 18th :)
Go to Yuneec site under "Support" and choose the q5004k. You need to download and install the "GUI". Once installed you plug in the USB to your bird and it will tell you what version of firmware is installed. You can also make many changes to your q500 in the GUI, such as adjusting GEO Fence limits. I also have a Q500 on order. Mine is coming on Tuesday 19th. What seller did you buy from?

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Does anyone know why I did my TX update but when I try and update RF it says "No file" it also is preventing me from linking the model Q500 to my controller, so it doesn't recognize it. Seems like it should be a relatively easy thing to fix, but I'm not all that savvy with software.

Have you found the answer? I just bought mine and having the same problem. Help is appreciated.

Hello, I had the same problem, care must be taken to the selected update, do not confuse US and Europe. I solved the problem by using a micro sd 16g. The tutorial of yuneec is good enough, you must follow it scrupulously. But I admit I restart the process ...... 5 times and it worked magic.
Hoping this helps someone not to lose hope.

Connecting to the Yuneec site via the provided USB interface/programmer should tell you what version is loaded and what version is the latest available for download.

The site provides latest ST10+ firmware too.

Where can i find out more about that? I wondered that that gizmo was for but there zero docs in the (new) box I just bought, the Q500 4k.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval