Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new firmware solves it - Wrong altitude on Exif Information of my H520E and E90X (with work around by h-elsner!)

I was intrested in what altitudes where provided. Here is a list matching to file "2020-11-13 10-29-07.tlog".
2020-11-13 10-29-07altitudes1.csv is raw data,
2020-11-13 10-29-07altitudes2.ods is prepared to create charts.

altitude_terrain and bottom_clerance in MAV message 141 are not used (always 0).

The data values came from MAV messages GPS_RAW_INT (24), GLOBAL_POSITION_INT (33) and Altitude (141).

br HE

Update: Files removed due to privacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypano
I was intrested in what altitudes where provided. Here is a list matching to file "2020-11-13 10-29-07.tlog".
2020-11-13 10-29-07altitudes1.csv is raw data,
2020-11-13 10-29-07altitudes2.ods is prepared to create charts.

altitude_terrain and bottom_clerance in MAV message 141 are not used (always 0).

The data values came from MAV messages GPS_RAW_INT (24), GLOBAL_POSITION_INT (33) and Altitude (141).

br HE

Update: Files removed due to privacy.

Thanks alot! And thanks for removing :)

Here is a quick&dirty tool to correct the altitude from E90 EXIF.
It adds factor 10 to altitude when camera model contains 'E90'.
Input: A directory with JPG pictures.
Output: A CSV file for Reality capture Software with "Name, lat, lon, alt [m]", No header (i can add when needed).
Also I could add a filter for the camera type or manufacturer when requested.

Update: Improved tool below.

Last edited:
Here is a quick&dirty tool to correct the altitude from E90 EXIF.
It adds factor 10 to altitude when camera model contains 'E90'.
Input: A directory with JPG pictures.
Output: A CSV file for Reality capture Software with "Name, lat, lon, alt [m]", No header (i can add when needed).
Also I could add a filter for the camera type or manufacturer when requested.
You are crazy and genius!!!

I am really jealous right now ... I wish I could do something like that. I'm already glad when my overcomplicated Excel tables work right away. ?

The header is not necessary for me, but is it complicated to set the JPG filename as name in the CSV output?

--
Update:
I just created an Excel file which removes the name and replaces it with the "image filenames". I just put the content of the CSV into it and then I can copy the output and paste/replace it into the original CSV.

The first result of the 3D scan was also very promising! The workaround seems to work for me now, that is a real relief.

Attachments

• Excel, CSV Name Exchanger.zip
    199.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I did not understand what 'Name' means. I thout the name for the project/picture list, something like that. File name makes really sense! File name with or without the file extension (.jpg)?

I did not understand what 'Name' means. I thout the name for the project/picture list, something like that. File name makes really sense! File name with or without the file extension (.jpg)?
Jup File extension is needed, thanks alot :)

PS:
Hast du was dagegen, dass ich dann deinen Post als Workaround in die Eingangsfrage reinschreibe?

Last edited:
Here it is with file name and file extension. When in the picture folder also other stills (i.e. from DJI) are in then they can excluded from outputlist by setting filter. The status bar shows now number of jpg files - number of datasets in the output file - text messages.

This can be a workaround if the user will take the same application like you for post processing. Here is a german and a english version.

Any comment is welcome.

br HE

Last edited:
If there are pictures in the folder that do not have GPS data in EXIF this will not be filtered out in output file. I made small improvement.

Attachments

• E90exif_de.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • E90exif_en.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
If there are pictures in the folder that do not have GPS data in EXIF this will not be filtered out in output file. I made small improvement.
Sorry for the late reply, thank you very much!
I am currently busy again with planning and working, so I did not get a chance to answer.
Currently I am not on many projects where the H520E has been used, there are still many projects made with the Mavic Mini, but next week it will be the other way around.
Your software already has and will definitely continue to help me very well!

Geç cevap için özür dilerim, çok teşekkür ederim!
Şu anda yine planlama ve çalışma ile meşgulüm, bu yüzden cevap verme şansım olmadı.
Şu anda H520E'nin kullanıldığı pek çok projede değilim, hala Mavic Mini ile yapılmış birçok proje var, ancak önümüzdeki hafta tam tersi olacak.
Yazılımınız zaten bana çok iyi yardımcı oldu ve kesinlikle devam edecek!
Merhaba
Yuneec H520E RTK, görev sırasında PPK ve Pix4d yazılımlarında kullanılmak üzere EXIF dosyası oluşturuyor mu
Teşekkürler

Google Translate:

Hello there
Does Yuneec H520E RTK generate EXIF file to be used in PPK and Pix4d software on duty
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Merhaba
Yuneec H520E RTK, görev sırasında PPK ve Pix4d yazılımlarında kullanılmak üzere EXIF dosyası oluşturuyor mu
Teşekkürler

Translated:
"Hello
Does Yuneec H520E RTK generate an EXIF file for use in PPK and Pix4d software in service?
Thanks a lot"
first of all, English would be better ;)

The H520E stores EXIF information in JPG images.
The RTK is designed for PPK too, so I assume that this information is stored.
As far as I know RTK works immediately and PPK is used to prepare the data, I think that as long as RTK works without disconnection the data will be stored directly.

But you might want to open a new thread, this one is about incorrect altitude data in the H520E "no RTK".

EDIT:
"All data, including raw GNSS data, can be logged on board. Thus, the system is also already for PPK (Post Processed Kinematics)."
But it does not say that the RTK data is stored directly in the EXIF data. I don't know much about this either, but what I do know about RTK so far, I assume that this will be the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
first of all, English would be better ;)

The H520E stores EXIF information in JPG images.
The RTK is designed for PPK too, so I assume that this information is stored.
As far as I know RTK works immediately and PPK is used to prepare the data, I think that as long as RTK works without disconnection the data will be stored directly.

But you might want to open a new thread, this one is about incorrect altitude data in the H520E "no RTK".

EDIT:
"All data, including raw GNSS data, can be logged on board. Thus, the system is also already for PPK (Post Processed Kinematics)."
But it does not say that the RTK data is stored directly in the EXIF data. I don't know much about this either, but what I do know about RTK so far, I assume that this will be the case.
Of course, if it were in English :))
Thanks for the reply.
As far as I understand, PPK does not create an Exif file to process it. If there is no network RTK connection, the device is not very sensitive.

This information that you got from Yuneec Germany seems to contradict what I got from the Youneec sight in Poland? This clearly shows the battery connections are the same and the charger is advertised for the H3 and the H520e. Someone is wrong or just maybe it isn't available yet in Germany?
DY5 - DUAL CHARGER FOR Yuneec Typhoon H3, (H520E)
Regards.
Mike
Hi,
this information has since been corrected. The DY5 for H3 does work with H520E batteries, but doesn't charge them fully, so it's not really comptible.

Hello
Has a software or method been found where we can process Yuneec H520E/RTK PPK data and obtain correction coordinates?

I don't believe that is what he want. Geotagging only works for legacy Yuneec Telemetry and only if pictures do not have coordinates in.
It is valid for Q500 and I use it to tag pictures of the drone my wife took from the ground during flight.

br HE

I don't believe that is what he want. Geotagging only works for legacy Yuneec Telemetry and only if pictures do not have coordinates in.
It is valid for Q500 and I use it to tag pictures of the drone my wife took from the ground during flight.

br HE
Thanks for the explanation. I saw that in the latest version and thought it was the result of some of the testing from EXIF data from different areas of the planet.

I believe
I hope... Reality is very different. RTK is a correction in the movement in real-time. Real-time kinematics. PPK is correction after the flight when you will understand where you were before.

Absolutely different things, which need different strategies. More than, 520E owners, with very little exclusion, are not cooperative guys. How to help them if they didn't share anything?

When I finished the investigation of the possibility to prepare a real-time telemetry panel, for H480 of course, I'll start developing some PPK strategy. Again for H480.

Little offtopic. The concurrency in business is concurrency in ideas and logic, not in wasted money for expensive toys. To buy with an idea to get profit is not acceptable for smart guys. They want to make something themselves and get a profit.

Because of another problem, which you can see here, I had to send the drone in and it was replaced with a new one. (Update problem, defective USB socket).

In any case, whether it is because of the new drone or the now new firmware. The Exif information is now correct.

Autopilot 2.0 (new app in the Appstore) and new firmware.
EDIT:
I recommend you to try to update the drone first, before you update anything on the remote control (except autopilot because you need the new version).
That means try to update the drone first and if it doesn't work, either reinstall the old autopilot (if you haven't updated anything on the remote, everything should still work), or contact Yuneec support and explain the problem.

Last edited:
Because of another problem, which you can see here, I had to send the drone in and it was replaced with a new one. (Update problem, defective USB socket).

In any case, whether it is because of the new drone or the now new firmware. The Exif information is now correct.

Autopilot 2.0 (new app in the Appstore) and new firmware.
I was just getting ready to post a comment about this very same issue before I saw your latest. I was told by Yuneec not to use the firmware on the website. Do you know if they've fixed that problem, or is the only way to get it resolved to send them the drone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval