Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

What we don't know if they mean PX4 hardware, or PX4 software. The announcement they made is not at all clear on that.

It's possible it's using the same electronics as the H520, but completely different (non PX4) autopilot firmware. Genuinely I don't know - I'm just trying to make sense of the information we have.

Reactions: Haydn
Anyone heard anything about the firmware update???? Getting to the point of considering selling the H520.

New firmware is currently going through testing phase and will be available in February

Among other new features, the firmware will support:

• LED configuration
  • New log format support
  • UTM coordinate support
  • KML file format support
  • Improved picture quality
  • Custom white balance
  • Vivid color mode
  • ST16S video playback & redundant video record
  • Different modes

New features for the desktop version of Datapilot will include:

• Wireless data export to ST16S
  • Flight log download
  • KML import

I am wondering if they will finally introduce some kind of object avoidance (Realsense or similar) to the H520, or this will never happen ?

Yuneec are pleased to announce that an update for the H520 will be available soon, providing new and improved features for the H520 operator.

It took a little longer than we expected, but the H520 Software Team has worked tirelessly to develop Firmware Update v1.3 for the H520. The v1.3 Update for the H520 is currently in its testing phase, and we would like to let you know what to expect from the update.

The new software provides new features and options for the E90, H520, ST16S and also for the desktop version of DataPilot.
Amongst other new features, the new firmware will support:

• LED configuration
• New log format support
• UTM coordinate support
• KML file format support
• Improved picture quality
• Custom white balance
• Vivid color mode
• ST16S video playback & redundant video record
• Different modes
New features for the desktop version of Datapilot will include:

• Wireless data export to ST16S
• Flight log download
• KML import
Yuneec consistently strive to further the development and optimisation of the H520 in order to provide our commercial partners and customers with a well-engineered system. There will be regular software updates with improvements and new features for the H520 in the future.

In doing so, not only are we following our own roadmap, but also listening very carefully to what our customers want and need. Our endeavour is to provide you with an intuitive, reliable platform which can assist you in accomplishing your day-to-day missions and objectives.

The v1.3 update for the H520 is scheduled for release in February, and further detailed information will be available as we approach the release date of the new update.

@dxer @RGilmore thanks for the update. I know you mentioned more details will follow closer to launch, but can you expand slightly on the "different modes"?
Thanks.

It's Yuneec's official communiqué. I don't think more information is available. Here more than the news of a new update of which we were already informing informally, is that at last Yuneec has made an official announcement. We can peel the champagne bottles now :rolleyes:

No, we already knew that it was going to be published in about 30 days, now we know a little bit of what will come out but only ideas above. We need to see it and prove it as good beta testers that we are ;)

That is why I have commented that at last an official announcement is very good news and the promise that new updates will be coming out regularly is even better. We will have time to talk about the functions that are going to come and what could be improved or not :)

I'm encouraged by this announcement and am pleased to see the update is in testing. In the period after its launch, there were several updates to the Typhoon H and all except one were excellent and made big improvements. The other major drone manufacturer could learn much from Yuneec's approach.

I'm wondering if the 520 has any chance of maintaining relevance where mapping is concerned, especially as it is late to the party. The industry has been moving towards Lidar for sometime, especially at levels where accuracy is mandatory. Law enforcement loves it for crime scene work. The linked article tells a bit about the way things have been going, and I know military level systems started employing Lidar well over a year ago. Unit sizes have been shrinking to sizes that easily permit multirotors to carry them.

How a “Wild Idea” About LiDAR Transformed the Aerial Mapping Industry - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

that firmware announcement just moved from yuneec uk facebook page to yuneec.uk main site. but exact date is yet to be set for firmware release. usa site no info still.

Day 4, Eh Hey! to be there or not there! Ssssssssssssssuspence
Two Days, Now ???

Last edited:
February is small, only lasts 28 days. Today or tomorrow we'll have the surprise :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz