Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware

Reaction score
I just talked with one of the customer service reps at yuneec in California. He informed me that the new firmware is not for us it is for the Typhoon H pro.now why weren't we informed of this before we went through the new firmware. I believe that's why we're having the problem we re having. Did they crank up the transmitter for the Typhoon H pro? Why arent we getting the better transmitter?

I just talked with one of the customer service reps at yuneec in California. He informed me that the new firmware is not for us it is for the Typhoon H pro.now why weren't we informed of this before we went through the new firmware. I believe that's why we're having the problem we re having. Did they crank up the transmitter for the Typhoon H pro? Why arent we getting the better transmitter?
I think you must have gotten a clueless rep. The H is the same regardless of the name. If it was for the Pro only it would have been labeled "H Pro" just as the updates for the ST10+ were labeled.

Reactions: QuadBart
The CS rep is wrong.

Reactions: QuadBart
Agreed ... they would have been smart enough (I hope) to program the update mechanism to read what type of files they were writing over before proceeding

new firmware working great. Yes there was extra code written in for the realsense. Not going to make any difference, its for both versions

I wonder if during this CS rep interview he was asked just how much he knew about Yuneec and UAV's? Probably got the job because he/she can be polite on the phone. :) He/she is probably still trying to sort out their cue cards that fell on the floor. LOL

Reactions: Steve Carr
They are to sort it out and call me back. I'll keep you posted.

There is no fundamental difference between the non-pro and pro models. The only difference is the non-pro models did not have the module installed by a technician at an assembly line. Buying the additional modules that are installed on the H Pro makes it the same as the Pro model. Concerning the ST16, unless there is a different radio then regardless of antennae configuration the code should be no different. I could be wrong though, just my thought.

Ha Ha, Dragon, you sure like to stir the pot when you start a thread. LOL :p

Regardless of Advance or Pro models…. I would like to suggest that the firmware most likely did not change the output power of the ST16 transmitter--- Those adjustments are usually made with hardware and a "pot" then in software. My guess is that any handshake or RTH setting was tweaked and the TH responds differently with any loss of signal or "glitch" in the data stream from the controller to the bird.

Perhaps perceived as shorter range?

Last edited:
Ha Ha, Dragon, you sure like to stir the pot when you start a thread. LOL :p

This post sure got me stirred up when I started reading it. But as stated above, it makes absolutely no sense. My update is working great. And with all the new, inexperienced help they have had to hire I'm surprised we don't hear more crazy information more often.

Reactions: KBflyer
I have heard that owners of the ST16 mk1 will be getting free extra antenna bits to fit themselves or can be fitted at a Yuneec service centre for a small charge. We can all have ST16 mk2 controllers ... sometime.

Reactions: Wileytrigger21
I'm sorry but what is a "ST16 mk2 controller" I think I must of missed the mk2 part please explain

That's the controller that comes with the Typhoon H Pro -- it has an extra pole antenna.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval