Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NEW H ON THE WAY!!! :)

So as you may know from my previous posts I have a few "insiders"...I was chatting it up with them earlier and they were saying at CES 2017, or soon after they are releasing the new H.

Yep defo 50 people pointing phone cameras demanding the "scoop" for the forums [emoji23][emoji106]
Keep us posted.

It's only a very shaky rumour at the moment, a new H could mean some nice new cameras, smart high capacity battery's and a host of gui changes, the hexa platform the H is based on is absolutely solid no denying that, and being modular, the above changes I mentioned would essentially be a "New H" I will see if I can get anyone on camera next weekend [emoji23][emoji23]but there will be loads of us there [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
I thought CES was in January...

I didn't start this rumour the op did, I'm also talking about the uk drone show which is next weekend 3rd and 4th Dec [emoji106]
Oh, okay. Well, keep us posted on what you find out.
I am definitely interested if they plan on coming out with a better camera.

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
I'm going on Saturday also why don't we have a meet up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Looks like there is a few of us going so we could meet at the yuneec stand? We could also get popcorn and go throw it at the dji people.... [emoji23](jk btw)
That's interesting I want a free upgrade for being an early adopter, a backer if you like [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

I'll be at the UK Drone show - Sunday I'm afraid :( Leave some rumours over for me :)

I have to say that I'd take any news with a pinch of salt. It's true there's new stuff coming (of course), but Yuneec keep these things very tight to their chests.

A new Drone/Camera/Platform/Upgrade at some point is safe bet, but what form it'll take is anyone's guess.

From my point of view, I'm hoping they keep all the things that make the H such a great platform:

1. Properly integrated controller
2. Incredibly stable flight platform
3. Rock solid 360 degree gimbal
4. Modular build (come on, let's see some third party add-ons)
5. Retractable landing gear
6. Excellent service
7. Regular firmware updates with new features

Ill be at the drone show but sadly working rather than looking at the new tech. I'd bet a new camera is due but cannot see how they can create a better Typhoon H at this point! Pop along to the speakers zone and say hello and let me know the rumours!

I hope this is only a rumor. Cause with my problematic H and others experiencing inconsistent firmware upgrades even to this day, there is no way I'm spending money on another Yuneec product until they get the current issues fixed. I have zero confidence in their products right now as does others.

And if they do come out with a new H or platform, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm not going to be an early adopter this time. Shame on me for being one.

For me it's not a problem that they could sell a new H .. Even they should.
It's the market, if they want new clients they should try to follow Dji rythm regarding upgrade and new version.
But as this drone is sold as a modular one , I just hope that if they put a new camera or more RS, it should be possible to put it on the old one.
At least it's not like DJI, selling a new drone every 4-6 months with no retrocompatibility.

I just ordered an H and part of the reason I did was tech support told me that Yuneec starts slow and adds features and that they wouldn't be like DJI makeing you buy a new model each year to get upgrades. If yuneec is going down that road , as much as I hate DJI , they do have the superior tech, so if in the spring I have to pay Yuneec for a new model or go with DJI it would be goodbye Yuneec. I went with 3DR Solo over DJI and they tried to compete but couldn't, but they were modular and may options became available. Tech support said they had so many request for map that they would probably come out with that soon, id I have to pay for a new model to get it they are being just like DJI in their early stages of giving false promises and screwing people over to make a buck

RE: the Flight Center software
I see what the features are (below), but what are some use cases?
Features
  • Preview FPV video & stills on the ST-16, synchronized with map display
  • Edit cable cam missions on the ST-16, with accurate camera and flight path estimation.
  • Download telemetry files straight to your PC - no more SD Cards!
  • Download or view FPV video & stills directly in your PC browser
  • Convert telemetry ready for video overlay tools such as DashWare and Google Maps (GPX)
  • View and playback routes on the ST-16 with maps available offline
  • Detailed statistics for flights
  • Error analysis: Compass calibration, voltage warning etc.
  • Annotate files - makes it easy to identify your best flights
  • Share your routes with quick screenshots
  • Curved Cable Cam review - the most accurate estimation of your planned flights
  • Manage your Curved Cable Cam routes - rename, copy, delete

Features
  • Edit cable cam missions on the ST-16, with accurate camera and flight path estimation.
  • Convert telemetry ready for video overlay tools such as DashWare and Google Maps (GPX)
  • Curved Cable Cam review - the most accurate estimation of your planned flights
There is a specific post about that m8 for the flight centre app, best post there and you will get a better response,

Features

Here's the official thread: First App for the ST-16: Flight Center - Updated 15th November: v1.9

I'll answer briefly though, as I'm the author.

Flight Center is a set of tools for your Typhoon, running on the one thing you're sure to have to hand - your ST-16.

If you're interested in reviewing your flights, watching them on a map or checking statistics, it helps with that.
If you want to design Cable Cam routes on a map before you fly them, it helps you do that.
If you want to download telemetry and FPV videos and stills from the ST-16 without messing around with SD Cards, it helps you do that.
If you want to see where you were on a map at a particular point in a video, or when you took a picture, it helps you do that
If you want to make quick notes to track your flights, photos and videos it helps you do that

There are more features planned, but the aim is to help you get the most out of your flights.

Here's the official thread: First App for the ST-16: Flight Center - Updated 15th November: v1.9

I'll answer briefly though, as I'm the author.

Flight Center is a set of tools for your Typhoon, running on the one thing you're sure to have to hand - your ST-16.

If you're interested in reviewing your flights, watching them on a map or checking statistics, it helps with that.
If you want to design Cable Cam routes on a map before you fly them, it helps you do that.
If you want to download telemetry and FPV videos and stills from the ST-16 without messing around with SD Cards, it helps you do that.
If you want to see where you were on a map at a particular point in a video, or when you took a picture, it helps you do that
If you want to make quick notes to track your flights, photos and videos it helps you do that

There are more features planned, but the aim is to help you get the most out of your flights.
I just installed Flight Center.
I can see where it could come in very handy.
Thanks!

Reactions: Tuna
I guess I'm done then. I have had one about a month I guess my son gets a very nice Christmas present. I guess I'm the only one that thinks the camera is poor. Was hoping for a huge camera upgrade.. equal too P4p

Reactions: Nuance
For sure what is missing is communication and teaser for example, or a roadmap.
It seems marketing is not the best there.

I guess I'm done then. I have had one about a month I guess my son gets a very nice Christmas present. I guess I'm the only one that thinks the camera is poor. Was hoping for a huge camera upgrade.. equal too P4p

The camera is in the same bracket as any other small fixed sensor drone camera, and you shouldn't kid yourself that upgrading to the latest and greatest will actually change that significantly.This is not a DSLR, any more than an iPhone is a DSLR. You've got to remember that all the amazing shots you see from these sorts of camera are very carefully chosen (check out the iPhone adverts, then check the photos you or your mate gets from their iPhone). If it's tough getting good results from an iphone, it's even tougher getting good results from a flying camera.

That said, the larger sensor and aperture control of the P4P will be more forgiving, and professionals will be able to use their content in places where current cameras are not quite enough. We're steadily moving forwards in what consumer level drones can do, but none of those advances are going to make getting great results magically easy. Until someone manages to mount an actual micro four thirds (or equivalent) camera with changeable lenses on a drone costing under $2000, it's always going to be a compromise. Even then, getting good pictures and video will take a lot of practise and effort.

I agree that Yuneec need to keep up with (and beat!) the competition, and I really hope they can make good on the idea of just upgrading the camera, let's see what comes out at CES in January.

Reactions: eikkon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval