Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Owner here,,, I love it for the price.

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, I've only flown a couple other drones. A parrot Bebop 2, a dji P3P, and now this little fire cracker. Sure the DJI P3P shoots awesome video, and the Parrot Bebop2 believe it or not shoots more stable video than the mantis. That being said, this isnt a video drone in my humble opinion. It is however a very fast responsive agile SPORT DRONE with video (heads-UP- Display). No kidding. Anyone complaining about the performance of this drone, thinking they were gonna shoot scenes from Top-Gun have unrealist expectations. But if you want one of the fastest folding drones on the market with a battery life on parallel with drones costing double this price....Well this is your huckleberry. I happen to love this little pocket rocket.

So.....As much as I loved this drone, it is now a thing of the past. While the drone performed flawlessly, a software crash while hovering over water cause it to shut down in mid-air and drop like a rock right into the lake in front of my house and sink immediately to the bottom. It was heartbreaking to witness. I still have 2 brand new batteries, and 4 complete sets of propellers as well and the charger and remote. If anyone is interested in these spare parts message me an offer. Anything reasonable will be considered. It really was a nice flyer, but that crash was unexpected. The software literally shut down on my phone, I looked up just in time to watch it free fall. Well be careful people. These things aren't cheap. Don't fly over water unless you're 100% sure. I was using the iPhone app. when this happened. I should have stuck to my Galaxy app. Never had a single issue.

So.....As much as I loved this drone, it is now a thing of the past. While the drone performed flawlessly, a software crash while hovering over water cause it to shut down in mid-air and drop like a rock right into the lake in front of my house and sink immediately to the bottom. It was heartbreaking to witness. I still have 2 brand new batteries, and 4 complete sets of propellers as well and the charger and remote. If anyone is interested in these spare parts message me an offer. Anything reasonable will be considered. It really was a nice flyer, but that crash was unexpected. The software literally shut down on my phone, I looked up just in time to watch it free fall. Well be careful people. These things aren't cheap. Don't fly over water unless you're 100% sure. I was using the iPhone app. when this happened. I should have stuck to my Galaxy app. Never had a single issue.

Wasn’t this event posted in another thread?

Was there also a recommendation to call Yuneec since a total shutdown, plummet as you describe, should not happen with a loss of signal?

Reactions: Stefano Zanandrea
if you ar flying manual or IPS the mantis should just "land in place" RTH works only in Angle and Sport mode (GPS signal locked).

If it just went down like a stone, the problem is in the app...

I dunno apple devices, always flown with android stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss