Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New pilot to H

Reaction score
Just purchased an H, been flying the q500 for past 3 years. Took out H today for first time and wow...those two aircrafts are miles apart. I knew it was obviously going to be different but, dang...Just an amazing machine.i was surprised by the size of the st16 as well. Picked it up slightly used for a great price off ebay($454), the previous owner flew it twice and realized it was too advanced for him so think I got lucky.

Question: was contemplatiing adding realsense but is it even worth it? For those of you that have it, how much are you really using it? Doesn’t it limit the aircraft speed as well? This bird seems a lot faster than the 500 but not sure if it really is). Is the real sense a real world everyday need or do folks just like it because they like to say they have it?

Thanks

I have it and rarely use it. It is basically good for one thing - avoiding objects when flying in FollowMe mode. It will automatically find a path over or around obstacles without pilot intervention when in FollowMe.

When flying in Angle mode it does nothing more than the built in sonar sensors do by stopping short of an obstacle and allowing the pilot to back away and fly another path.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I have real-sense on both my H's and rarely use it. Only in Follow Me is it really worth the price.

That’s about what I figured, kind of a waste of money as I don’t use follow me mode much.

With reference to speed, turning off GPS with an H more than doubles the speed of a Q-500.

Even with GPS on the H is faster, peaking around 40mph in Rabbit mode. The Q peaks at around 25mph.

I have it, basically not useful for anything but "Follow Me" tasks and stopping before you fly forward into something.

I'm hopeful that someday some smart guy/gal would figure out a firmware update or some sort of SDK that will add more functionality to it, since you technically can use an Intel RealSense camera to do object detection and tracking out to around 10m from the array.

I have it, basically not useful for anything but "Follow Me" tasks and stopping before you fly forward into something.

I'm hopeful that someday some smart guy/gal would figure out a firmware update or some sort of SDK that will add more functionality to it, since you technically can use an Intel RealSense camera to do object detection and tracking out to around 10m from the array.

To Pat ..Yeah, I was blown away with the speed and responsiveness. Wasn’t expecting it really, thought they’d be a bit more similar but huge difference. I’m loving the 360 degree too, got some great shots of sunset a little while ago while it putting a lot of effort into position8ng the bird itself. This is just easier to use.

Just purchased an H, been flying the q500 for past 3 years. Took out H today for first time and wow...those two aircrafts are miles apart. I knew it was obviously going to be different but, dang...Just an amazing machine.i was surprised by the size of the st16 as well. Picked it up slightly used for a great price off ebay($454), the previous owner flew it twice and realized it was too advanced for him so think I got lucky.

Question: was contemplatiing adding realsense but is it even worth it? For those of you that have it, how much are you really using it? Doesn’t it limit the aircraft speed as well? This bird seems a lot faster than the 500 but not sure if it really is). Is the real sense a real world everyday need or do folks just like it because they like to say they have it?

Thanks
I do not have the real on mine, but I can tell you with the GPS off, I have so far been able to hit 96 kph.......in American lingo it's 60 mph.

• Wow
Reactions: 7cyclops
It's impressive watching it at high speed in an open area!

Thanks

Do not bother with Realsense.
Most people do not use it.
Try flying LOS, at all times
Keith Kuhn

I have a realsense module i added to my h with high hopes of using it to follow me or watch me as i ride my atv around.
I cant get enough satellites to register on the receiver usually to allow the follow me mode to be selected. Also have to put the drone in smart mode to have it work if trying to use follow me. I believe speed is limited to around 11 mph when realsense is active as well.
Im short it does not seem to be all i had hoped for.

I have a realsense module i added to my h with high hopes of using it to follow me or watch me as i ride my atv around.
I cant get enough satellites to register on the receiver usually to allow the follow me mode to be selected. Also have to put the drone in smart mode to have it work if trying to use follow me. I believe speed is limited to around 11 mph when realsense is active as well.
Im short it does not seem to be all i had hoped for.

That seems to be the consensus, not worth the extra $200 or so just to say you have real sense installed.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
My 1st h does not have real sense but in smart mode it follows me. Weird or am I dreaming

It should follow you. Just make sure you don't have objects in the way,trees poles etc.Real sense is spossed to go around them,Without it you have to pilot around them. Hope this helps. Keith

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I have no intentions of following me near anything except open field with or without real sense.

It should follow you. Just make sure you don't have objects in the way,trees poles etc.Real sense is spossed to go around them,Without it you have to pilot around them. Hope this helps. Keith

Hi Keith Kuhn here
I also have Realsense
Which I never use.
Your correct, it's suppose
go around objects.

I cannot take chances
with that anymore, do to
Parts are getting harder
to come by in case there is
a mishap.
LOS - I take no chances.
Plus no more customer service. Dang.
KK

Hi Keith Kuhn here
I also have Realsense
Which I never use.
Your correct, it's suppose
go around objects.

I cannot take chances
with that anymore, do to
Parts are getting harder
to come by in case there is
a mishap.
LOS - I take no chances.
Plus no more customer service. Dang.
KK
Hi KeithK. I never used mine either but someday I intend to. Maybe if I go for a walk in local cemetery,lots of big trees. Hopefully just a walk!! Keith C.

I have it and rarely use it. It is basically good for one thing - avoiding objects when flying in FollowMe mode. It will automatically find a path over or around obstacles without pilot intervention when in FollowMe.

When flying in Angle mode it does nothing more than the built in sonar sensors do by stopping short of an obstacle and allowing the pilot to back away and fly another path.

One of the reasons I asked is because I’m making a foray into monetizing my H, using it for real estate pics and such. I was thinking that while taking vids/pics for potential clients I would want some extra protection to insure I don’t run into anything while a client is in front of me. If using H for business purposes I wouldn’t be flying at full speed anyway (real sense limits to 11mph?), so in that sense, would there be and pro/cons to using it I wonder?

Virtually everyone is indicating its only good for follow me mode, but is anyone else using for other reasons? I’ve yet to hear of any.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss