Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to forum

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just received my Q500 4K and had my first flight today. As most here I love it. I'm not new to quadcopters, I put in work learning to fly with a trainer quad, then moved up to a Cheerson CX-20, then moved up to a DJI Phantom 3 Standard, then moved to a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced, and now I have my Q500 4K that I wanted originally. I'm still learning the ropes but I did have one question. I've seen several videos showing how to detach the camera and I can detach mine with no problem but I don't have the connection wire that I see in the videos. I didn't even think to look before I went flying but my Q still took pictures and videos just fine without the wire. Is this something new?

Ice

Attachments

• No wire .jpg
    No wire .jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Nothing is wrong with your drone. For some reason some q500 4ks are shipped with the camera gimbal connecting to a port on the drone with a braided 3-wire cable, that is what you are seeing in those videos. I own 3 q500 4ks, (I love those birds just like you do) and one that I bought used came in a cardboard enclosure or box and the camera gimbal connects to the drone with 3 braided wires that are hanging outside of the camera gimbal. The other 2 q500 4ks I bought, they came in a hard carrying case and the camera gimbal doesn't have the 3 braided wires hanging out there. Those wires are hidden in the gimbal itself and the connection is made through a contact switch in both the gimbal and the drone. You will be able to see the contact switch when you remove the camera gimbal, just turn it upside down. I hope this solves your question. And sorry for my bad grammar. Still working on it:)

Last edited:
Nothing is wrong with your drone. For some reason some q500 4ks are shipped with the camera gimbal connecting to a port on the drone with a braided 3-wire cable, that is what you are seeing in those videos. I own 3 q500 4ks, (I love those birds just like you do) and one that I bought used came in a cardboard enclosure or box and the camera gimbal connects to the drone with 3 braided wires that are hanging outside of the camera gimbal. The other 2 q500 4ks I bought, they came in a hard carrying case and the camera gimbal doesn't have the 3 braided wires hanging out there. Those wires are hidden in the gimbal itself and the connection is made through a contact switch in both the gimbal and the drone. You will be able to see the contact switch when you remove the camera gimbal, just turn it upside down. I hope this solves your question. And sorry for my bad grammar. Still working on it:)

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't think anything was wrong with my bird just was wondering what was going on since I didn't have the wires but was still able to take pics and video, I do have a 3 braided wire that came in the accessories box.

You are welcome. I have two questions though:
Since you have flown the DJI Phantom 3, how much faster does the phantom 3 flies comparing it to the q500 4k?. I heard some people say it flies twice as fast than the typhoon 4k and others say it is just a little bit faster, but not that much. And how about the video quality, which drone has better video quality?.

You are welcome. I have two questions though:
Since you have flown the DJI Phantom 3, how much faster does the phantom 3 flies comparing it to the q500 4k?. I heard some people say it flies twice as fast than the typhoon 4k and others say it is just a little bit faster, but not that much. And how about the video quality, which drone has better video quality?.

The DJI is noticeably faster but the Q has better video quality in my opinion and if you turn GPS off then the Q is just as fast. In my opinion I like the Q being slower with GPS mode because it is so much easier to take quality shots and video.

The DJI is noticeably faster but the Q has better video quality in my opinion and if you turn GPS off then the Q is just as fast. In my opinion I like the Q being slower with GPS mode because it is so much easier to take quality shots and video.
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking in flying my drone with GPS disabled just to see how much faster it flies but I am too afraid it will fly away.

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking in flying my drone with GPS disabled just to see how much faster it flies but I am too afraid it will fly away.

I know how you feel, I felt the same way when I did it but I only flew it about 50 feet off the ground to make sure I had the hang of it. I would not suggest taking it far off with GPS disabled because it can easily be taken over in the wind. Just remember you are in full control with GPS disabled so there is no GPS stability or auto hover and it is very fast.

I know how you feel, I felt the same way when I did it but I only flew it about 50 feet off the ground to make sure I had the hang of it. I would not suggest taking it far off with GPS disabled because it can easily be taken over in the wind. Just remember you are in full control with GPS disabled so there is no GPS stability or auto hover and it is very fast.
I will give it a try for sure but I will keep it close to me at all times. Thanks again for the info and advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval