Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to Typhoon - Battery Charger Question

Reaction score
He Folks,

We are a multi-media company in Niagara Falls and one of our clients actually just gave us a Typhoon Drone to use. Nice gift.

I unpacked it and began reading through manuals, and at the same time thought to use the included Morpilot dual charger to get the batteries to power. I plugged both batteries in, alone and in tandem, and keep getting a message about "pls chk balport"

Nothing seems to happen other than it doesn't charge. Any thoughts you could share with a newbie?

Thanks

Yowowa Media

Hi and welcome to the forum's,,
First question I have is , is this the charger you have?

If you've never used lipo batteries I would recommend a bit of research before you connect a charger to them

There are many good tutorial's on how & why of lipo batteries, they are different than any other and if not charged correctly cause a lot of damage,,,,,,,, they're flammable if not charged correctly.

Here's a link to a good "What are and how to threat them" video from youtube,

Actually I linked a whole page of tutorials, take your pick,

I know the material seems dry to listen to but knowing what's happening with them is very important to you.

What Typhoon did you get?
Q500 or Q500 4K?
Typhoon "H"?

Last edited:
Hi. Welcome. pls chk balport,means please check balance port. You may need to connect another wiring harness with a white 4wire connectorto the multi wire harness that also needs to be plugged into charger,so as to balance charge or charge each,all cells. You need to read charger manual also, but as Calvin said what typhoon do you have??? batteries are different for each {almost}. And yes you can search for extended manual on here and read that alsoGood luck Keith C.

He Folks,

We are a multi-media company in Niagara Falls and one of our clients actually just gave us a Typhoon Drone to use. Nice gift.

I unpacked it and began reading through manuals, and at the same time thought to use the included Morpilot dual charger to get the batteries to power. I plugged both batteries in, alone and in tandem, and keep getting a message about "pls chk balport"

Nothing seems to happen other than it doesn't charge. Any thoughts you could share with a newbie?

Thanks

Yowowa Media
I believe this is the charger you are referring to Amazon.com: Morpilot for Typhoon H Drone 70Wx2 6A/CH Intelligent Battery Charger for Typhoon Hexacopter Drone Battery and Remote Controller w/5V 2A USB: Home Improvement.
Your description sounds as if the batteries are not fully seated in the charger. They need to be firmly pushed into the docking stations. If you get them fully seated and are still getting that message make sure the needle like pins in the charger base are fully up and have a spring tension to keep contact with the battery.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I think if it's one of the two we've linked the problem could be the charger itself, defective.

I use an IMax B6 2.0 with patch cords for the balance port and main power port

Thank you all!! Calvin that video may be dry but lots of great info, appreciated it.

The batteries seem to be fully in, and the previous owner mentioned that it was "working fine" the last time they used it (last Fall) but we all know things can happen. I'm heading to the studio to socially-isolate there shortly and will run through these solutions. Again, to all of you, thank you! Glad to be part of the community here.

It took awhile for me to get the batteries into the port properly so after slowly jiggling them in they came around. This is with the ev_peak .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval