Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Typhoon H owner with...need suggestions on a couple things.

OK, that's progress... that arm shouldn't be loose, and I'd speculate that in itself could be responsible for your shaking footage problem...
Having never taken one apart myself I can't advise on what to swap out to fix that, but the spring clips seem a likely candidate don't they !?

I'm hoping so....i'll get some ordered ASAP and report back. Thanks!!!

Those retainers were definitely done by an individual using something found a Lowes or Home Depot... not OEM at all. If you want, use small zip ties in 2 opposing corners, but place them loosely, so the vibrational isolation characteristics of the gimbal are not interfered with.

Thats really weird....what are the chances that those clips fit in there perfectly...and what would someone put them in there?

Zip ties or some light tie wire isn't a bad idea just so the camera doesn't disconnect completely in a crash or strong jolt from wind, etc.

Thanks!!

Bought a H used for parts, when I received it I inspected it because it looked air worthy, on close inspection I found one arm loose and removed outer shell and found main chassis cracked allowing arm movement where hinge pin is installed, replaced chassis and it fly's very smooth and stable

Bought a H used for parts, when I received it I inspected it because it looked air worthy, on close inspection I found one arm loose and removed outer shell and found main chassis cracked allowing arm movement where hinge pin is installed, replaced chassis and it fly's very smooth and stable

Interesting....how much work was that???

Interesting....how much work was that???

Sat a small dinner table in front of my easy chair and disassembled while watching a movie, (Top Gun ? ) if your so inclined and can remember how things go together its not too bad but you will have everything apart to transfer to new chassis, or send it in to one of the fine vendors for repair

It’s actually a pretty simple process but as you say we have to pay attention to where items come out and re-install them in the same places. For some it might be helpful to cut a large paper shopping bag to where it can lay flat and draw an outline of the H on it, laying removed parts on the drawing at appropriate locations. For some a few photos taken during the disassembly process is enough. For a rare few having an abundance of youthful brain cells their memory handles it.

Something very important that make the attempt is being aware the electrical connectors inside the H are small and fragile. Do not try to force wire connectors apart as some part of the connector will break every time if you do. If they don’t separate easily look again for some type of locking tab that restrains them, and carefully slide connectors apart in a straight line once the locking tab has been released. If you need to replace motors their wiring contains bullet connectors covered by heat shrink tubing just inside the shell that will slide apart after you remove the heat shrink.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss