Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Typhoon H owner with...need suggestions on a couple things.

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!! Just got myself a used H for a killer price. Coming from a Q500...so i'm somewhat familiar with the Yuneec products. I have two issues/concerns I could use some suggestions on:

1. My landing gear will not fold up once up in the air. You can see it try to activate but it wont. There is a really small black wire on one side that appears to be disconnected, but i can't see where it would connect. I will get pictures soon.
2. While flying, the video signal is ok, but once I hit record video, its SUPERRR delayed....like 10-20 seconds delayed and stutters really bad. I believe there is a firmware update....could that be it?
3. The video files that do record have a small wave effect going through the whole video...making it ultimately useless.

I'm hoping the firmware update fixes the 2nd two issues, but not sure about the landing gear. I just wanted to throw these things out there to see if anyone else has encountered them? I will update this thread after firmware update.

Thanks!!!

The black wires are the antenna for the aircraft

To fix the landing gear remove the camera and flip the aircraft upside down . You can then cycle the landing gear , raise and lower it a couple of times and then leave the landing gear up ( or stowed for flight) turn off the aircraft and return the landing gear switch to down . Power up the aircraft and cycle the landing gear switch and the land gear should go back to down . You should then have control of the landing gear

Reactions: AeriaL and Jhen19

To fix the landing gear remove the camera and flip the aircraft upside down . You can then cycle the landing gear , raise and lower it a couple of times and then leave the landing gear up ( or stowed for flight) turn off the aircraft and return the landing gear switch to down . Power up the aircraft and cycle the landing gear switch and the land gear should go back to down . You should then have control of the landing gear

Thanks for the suggestion!!! I will try this tonight and follow up.

The wave effect you mention may only be "shadowing" from the propellers. This will happen when the sun is at an angle that allows the props to generate a shadow as they pass over the camera. There's a couple ways to eliminate this; one is to use a different camera and lens orientation and the other is through use of an ND filter. There is no firmware that will "fix" the problems you described. It's all hardware and user technique for resolution.

If you still have gear issues after tryng the previously mentioned solution you can remove the two screws holding the gear on the H to slide the gear out and back into the gear well to reposition the electrical contacts on the gear motor in relation to those inside the gear well. Do not mess with the two wires that exit the bottom of the H. Doing so will prevent operation of the H.

and speed of your SD card...

Reactions: rdonson
@The_GingerHulk please provide more information about your video recording setup for #3.

- what resolution are you shooting at?
- are you using AUTO settings for exposure or WB?

4K with all auto settings.

Here is a link to a sample clip with the issues i mentioned.

SD card speed might be the issue...I've used it in my Q500 with no issues. I will try another.

Thanks everyone!!

The wave effect you mention may only be "shadowing" from the propellers. This will happen when the sun is at an angle that allows the props to generate a shadow as they pass over the camera. There's a couple ways to eliminate this; one is to use a different camera and lens orientation and the other is through use of an ND filter. There is no firmware that will "fix" the problems you described. It's all hardware and user technique for resolution.

If you still have gear issues after tryng the previously mentioned solution you can remove the two screws holding the gear on the H to slide the gear out and back into the gear well to reposition the electrical contacts on the gear motor in relation to those inside the gear well. Do not mess with the two wires that exit the bottom of the H. Doing so will prevent operation of the H.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think its the props that are causing the issues. I will troubleshoot the landing gear and follow up with my results.

Have a look at the sticky posts at the top of the Typhoon H Discussion / Help pages. There you will find the best settings for the camera. In short, it's Locked Exposure and Manual shutter speed of double the framerate that gives best results.

However your video has bigger problems than that. There is something wrong with your gimbal dampers - you are getting jello, which should be completely eradicated if those dampers are working properly...

Last edited:
Reactions: AeriaL
4K with all auto settings.

Here is a link to a sample clip with the issues i mentioned.

SD card speed might be the issue...I've used it in my Q500 with no issues. I will try another.

Thanks everyone!!
I've looked at your video and a couple of things spring to mind.

First check to see if the rubber dampeners between the camera gimbal and aircraft are all properly in place and that no-one has previously installed cable ties (or similar) too tightly in the two remaining diagonally apposed holes that do not have 'dropsafe' pins.

Second. I wonder if some of your props are badly out of balance (though I doubt this since to get that effect they would need to be grossly out of balance the same as having a broken prop).

Third. What you see isn't an issue with your SD card. It is being caused by vibrations transferring to the camera from the aircraft which is why I mentioned points one & two.

The wire is an antenna. Leave it be and it will thank you.
The landing gear issue has already been addressed in an earlier post. Turning the aircraft upsidedown and cycling the gear often fixes it.

I've looked at your video and a couple of things spring to mind.

First check to see if the rubber dampeners between the camera gimbal and aircraft are all properly in place and that no-one has previously installed cable ties (or similar) too tightly in the two remaining diagonally apposed holes that do not have 'dropsafe' pins.

Second. I wonder if some of your props are badly out of balance (though I doubt this since to get that effect they would need to be grossly out of balance the same as having a broken prop)

The wire is an antenna. Leave it be and it will thank you.
The landing gear issue has already been addressed in an earlier post. Turning the aircraft upsidedown and cycling the gear often fixes it.

Thank you kindly!!!! Will inspect and report back!!!

After watching the video I will also suggest checking the vibration dampers. That’s what happens when one is pulled free of the mount.

There is a dust cover over the top camera mount plate that obscure the top of the grommets. It pops off easily when the camera is removed. Look at the top of all of them and fix the ones that are not seated properly. The dust cover has for some of us, transferred vibration in flight so some people remove it. The Q500 did not have that cover on that gimbal. Even though they look similar, the Q500 mount uses different rubber dampener grommets then the 480. A used unit could be a repair unit and those grommets need to be the right ones for the CGO3+ so perhaps post a picture of what you got if the problem continues.

Reactions: FlushVision

How would this work with the simulator? I raised the gear on my H one time and that's it! I haven't actually flown it yet---I just got it last spring.

Vic

Ok everyone....big update coming at you! First, thanks for everyone's help...I have almost everything resolved so thanks to all the suggestions and tips.

Laggy video and photos/video not saving to Micro SD card was attributed to a cheap micro SD that couldn't handle the data flow. A good, high speed San Disk has resolved this issue.

High frequency vibration / shaky video is 98% resolved.....take a look at the attached pictures. Reminder, I bought this unit used, so I never thought that there would safety clips still installed. These plastic clips kept the rubber dampers from doing their job. I sent this to Yuneec direct and theses clips are not factory....so maybe 3rd party? Weird? Removing them helped a lot.

Here is an updated sample video to show smoothness of video (tiny tiny amount of shake/vibration towards the end. I think this is acceptable)

Any questions or feedback let me know! Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20180828_211718.jpg
    20180828_211718.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20181030_164644_resized.jpg
    20181030_164644_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20181030_164648_resized.jpg
    20181030_164648_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: biltno
It was obviously a great move taking out those retainers, but it's still not quite right. There shouldn't be any shake at all in TH footage, and it remains quite noticeable in yours when you're looking for it. Presuming it's not a damper seating issue, I would think replacing those might be the next move...

It was obviously a great move taking out those retainers, but it's still not quite right. There shouldn't be any shake at all in TH footage, and it remains quite noticeable in yours when you're looking for it. Presuming it's not a damper seating issue, I would think replacing those might be the next move...

Thanks for the feedback...I agree with you. I do have one other issue I need to troubleshoot and resolve. One of the prop arms is loose and i'm not sure why. I'm guessing the metal clips that lock it in the up position. I need to order some new ones. Thoughts?

Loose Arm Video:

Those retainers were definitely done by an individual using something found a Lowes or Home Depot... not OEM at all. If you want, use small zip ties in 2 opposing corners, but place them loosely, so the vibrational isolation characteristics of the gimbal are not interfered with.

OK, that's progress... that arm shouldn't be loose, and I'd speculate that in itself could be responsible for your shaking footage problem...
Having never taken one apart myself I can't advise on what to swap out to fix that, but the spring clips seem a likely candidate don't they !?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital