Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update 777-20181022

always using the "wheel" of the tilt, behaves in the same way as the "pan mode", you decide how and when you stop
Ahh i actually thought it was behaving differently and was easier to use but didn't put much into it. [emoji2]

Here is it is Gang.... I did a quick trial n' error between the 4 Hawks and the stock original antenna. Due to recent conversations on the other threads that led me to reflect on previous experience, with my DJI M600 setup to where I questioned my aftermarket antenna. Today, I took the H+ in another busy site, this one is 3 miles from the airport, and when I first flew the H+ here on build 757 the H+ had multiple problems that is why I don't fly the H+ on this certain particular site, because I was thinking maybe it is because of the airport nearby. But, I never questioned the antenna.

Here is the updated video.

Reactions: zandoli
Hi Gents, updated to 777 and conducted 2 flights test. All is ok, full control and no lags at 500mt (legal distance....and maybe more....), 150mt Alt.

Added controls (on/off) for RealSeanse and GPS. The bird flew as good as possible, angle and sport. Triggered RTH, very precise. Images and video rocky.

No gimbal vibrations, I use a very thin and light washer, attached on C23 back side, to compensate a ND Pola filter weight (Freewell, not so light...). In this way the camera is almost neutral.

Good job Yuneec.

Elio

I completed a full update yesterday. I went out and flew straight up for simple hold and hover. I initiated a slow pan and noticed stutter in the playback at the ST. I then lowered the camera to point down and it got worse. Then the plus initiated an auto land but no warnings ever appeared. I waited till it was close and observed an extremely unhappy gimbal. One flip from angle to sport and back to angle stopped the descent and everything went back to normal.
The video playback shows the moment the ship lost its mind for a bit. Flight data recording 3 different instance of RC connection loss. Two recovered quickly and the third set off the landing sequence. I did all calibrations properly but will do them again and try again. I did a compass with gimbal attached and guard on. I hope I didn’t damage my gimbal motors as that was very stupid on my part. I was directly below the H and had a poor WiFi connection and I may have experienced the new WiFi switching. So my test of the most likely video drop scenario produced new and unexpected results but nothing I could not control. See what happens today.

I completed a full update yesterday. I went out and flew straight up for simple hold and hover. I initiated a slow pan and noticed stutter in the playback at the ST. I then lowered the camera to point down and it got worse. Then the plus initiated an auto land but no warnings ever appeared. I waited till it was close and observed an extremely unhappy gimbal. One flip from angle to sport and back to angle stopped the descent and everything went back to normal.
The video playback shows the moment the ship lost its mind for a bit. Flight data recording 3 different instance of RC connection loss. Two recovered quickly and the third set off the landing sequence. I did all calibrations properly but will do them again and try again. I did a compass with gimbal attached and guard on. I hope I didn’t damage my gimbal motors as that was very stupid on my part. I was directly below the H and had a poor WiFi connection and I may have experienced the new WiFi switching. So my test of the most likely video drop scenario produced new and unexpected results but nothing I could not control. See what happens today.

Keep the findings to yourself, and be quiet. Build 777 is solid. LoL

If you dig deeper into the archives, I’ve had nothing but problems with this build. The build is reaching its 4th week, die hard supporters are in denial, silent. and are momentarily entertained by Yuneec‘s new cage.

If you dig deeper into the archives, I’ve had nothing but problems with this build. The build is reaching its 4th week, die hard supporters are in denial, silent. and are momentarily entertained by Yuneec‘s new cage.
Not in denial at all just not experiencing any major problems with this build.

The cage is released by yuneec UK and has nothing to do with yuneec headquarters and the release of a newer firmware. I think we will see one early December the last two have been released within weeks of the release of a H520 firmware update, and since one came out today I'm expecting one to be released pretty soon. [emoji16]

Reactions: Frontier
Not in denial at all just not experiencing any major problems with this build.

The cage is released by yuneec UK and has nothing to do with yuneec headquarters and the release of a newer firmware. I think we will see one early December the last two have been released within weeks of the release of a H520 firmware update, and since one came out today I'm expecting one to be released pretty soon. [emoji16]

Hope the new build will be released before Chinese New Year, is not, it will be awhile. Others has informed me that Yuneec keeps a tab and are reading the forums, specially this one (the hottest forum on the net)

For the record, when I posted my findings on Instagram and YouTube. Yuneec has offered me a beta Build, but I refused.

The ultimate answer to the present and future problems that the H+ and H520 is this by: Relocation of GPS and COMPASS Module

Relocation of GPS and COMPASS Module

I am not influenced to say that Hennessy is on to something, and has been for a while. I respect the work that he is doing in the field, and able to quickly identify the problem with the original H and is now making advancements in addressing the H+ and H520.

Wow now that’s rude, very rude.
Simply because others don’t experience your issues doesn’t mean they are in denial.

Words fail me at this point to your ignorance.

Wow now that’s rude, very rude.
Simply because others don’t experience your issues doesn’t mean they are in denial.

Words fail me at this point to your ignorance.

Tell it like it is... Some of us use these toys as “tools” it has to perform as advertised. Anything short is unexceptionable.

Tell it like it is... Some of us use these toys as “tools” it has to perform as advertised. Anything short is unexceptionable.

To be fair though that’s not how it is.
Well not for the majority fuss anyway.

Yes it is for you but as I have said on many occasions It has not happened to me and many other pilots who use these “toys” as “tools”.

What has the the CEO of yuneec said to you about your complaints and mishaps? or even the manager of where you bought it from? as I would have expected you to have taken it back by now as not for for purpose for a full refund because it’s such a shoddy product.

Maybe an inspire 2 or m210 would serve you better as they are such perfect products?

You seemed happy enough when you first bought it why not roll back the firmware to the very first release?
Just a suggestion RPR

Yes, this upgrade has gimbal firmware code that correctly calibrates the gimbal.
Going for example from 777 to 757 does not fix it, I have to go to 652 and fully upgrade from there to 777 in order to be fixed.
Hello Frontier,

I am also facing the calibration issue with the gimbal, though there is no noise as such but the camera doesnt point at 0 degree and its always tilted at 45 degree and it does not respond to inputs from the ST16 transmitter when the slider is pushed either ways, but when the camera at times points downwards it starts vibrating very violently, so regarding this upgrade i want to ask if only the gimbal firmware has to be upgraded step by step say from 652->748->750>777 or all of the firmwares has to be upgraded to fix the issue with the gimbal?

Hello Frontier,

I am also facing the calibration issue with the gimbal, though there is no noise as such but the camera doesnt point at 0 degree and its always tilted at 45 degree and it does not respond to inputs from the ST16 transmitter when the slider is pushed either ways, but when the camera at times points downwards it starts vibrating very violently, so regarding this upgrade i want to ask if only the gimbal firmware has to be upgraded step by step say from 652->748->750>777 or all of the firmwares has to be upgraded to fix the issue with the gimbal?
What I always did was - before starting the firmware update - to make sure that on my ST16s the gimbal pitch knob is always at the top, so that the gimbal would be at 0 degrees.
Then, I downgrade to 652 everything (including the ST16s) and after booting the system with 652 I upgrade to the firmware version I want.
For example, if you want to downgrade to 750, you'll downgrade everything first to 652 and then you'll go directly to 750.
Also, make sure you are using a small-sized SD card to perform the upgrades. I have a 4GB Class 10 reserved for that purpose.

Reactions: oliver
What I always did was - before starting the firmware update - to make sure that on my ST16s the gimbal pitch knob is always at the top, so that the gimbal would be at 0 degrees.
Then, I downgrade to 652 everything (including the ST16s) and after booting the system with 652 I upgrade to the firmware version I want.
For example, if you want to downgrade to 750, you'll downgrade everything first to 652 and then you'll go directly to 750.
Also, make sure you are using a small-sized SD card to perform the upgrades. I have a 4GB Class 10 reserved for that purpose.
Thank you very much Frontier for sharing your inputs, could you please let me know which is the build that is stable and resolves the issue with the gimbal, at present im using the build 822 except for gimbal which is build 784, however with this version the camera is unable to pitch upwards or downwards and if it does starts shaking when its facing downwards along with the gimbal vibrating.

Thank you very much Frontier for sharing your inputs, could you please let me know which is the build that is stable and resolves the issue with the gimbal, at present im using the build 822 except for gimbal which is build 784, however with this version the camera is unable to pitch upwards or downwards and if it does starts shaking when its facing downwards along with the gimbal vibrating.
There is not a specific build with a fix for the gimbal issues you have.
You have to try these firmware packages and test to see if any of them fixes your problem.

There is not a specific build with a fix for the gimbal issues you have.
You have to try these firmware packages and test to see if any of them fixes your problem.
Alright, got it Thank you Frontier, so the upgrade has to be done over the Global OTA method ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430