Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Nfz unlock completed.

Reaction score
I purchased the NFZ unlock through Yuneec Skins and installed this afternoon. After ordering on the Yuneec Skins website, I got an email from them requesting my photo ID, a copy of my FAA remote pilot card and the ID number of my TH. The email also included a link to the GUI interface to be able to obtain the Typhoon H ID number. After emailing these three items back to Yuneec Skins, I got a call from John at Yuneec Skins to walk me through the unlock process. Kudos to John for the great customer service.

I purchased the NFZ unlock through Yuneec Skins and installed this afternoon. After ordering on the Yuneec Skins website, I got an email from them requesting my photo ID, a copy of my FAA remote pilot card and the ID number of my TH. The email also included a link to the GUI interface to be able to obtain the Typhoon H ID number. After emailing these three items back to Yuneec Skins, I got a call from John at Yuneec Skins to walk me through the unlock process. Kudos to John for the great customer service.
Thank you Mike, Happy to Help!

Serious KUDOS to Yuneec Skins on this one. It was a major pain point, a serious deficiency in the Yuneec world, that they have solved.

What? Is this a new way to get NFZ unlock? Purchased? My unlocks were all free doing it the old way before Yuneec left the US. You request the form thru their website and sent your supporting documents. Please elaborate?

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish
What? Is this a new way to get NFZ unlock? Purchased? My unlocks were all free doing it the old way before Yuneec left the US. You request the form thru their website and sent your supporting documents. Please elaborate?
There is a new franchise opening in the US and things are going to be different than in the “old days”. Unfortunately the former Yuneec US franchise was not well managed and we saw the result of that about this time last year. Yuneec Skins has worked long and hard (as well as a couple of anonymous members) to fill in the void left in the wake of collapse of the former Yuneec US. The good news is that the unlock is available again for those that have need of it.

There is a new franchise opening in the US and things are going to be different than in the “old days”. Unfortunately the former Yuneec US franchise was not well managed and we saw the result of that about this time last year. Yuneec Skins has worked long and hard (as well as a couple of anonymous members) to fill in the void left in the wake of collapse of the former Yuneec US. The good news is that the unlock is available again for those that have need of it.
Thank you....;)

It is illegal to shut of the functionality of a unit after it has been sold. Yuneec SUCKS bigtime. I bought two of these with the expectation that they would fulfill their advertised promises for an entire slew of things. It cannot even fly without paying someone to be unlocked now!
I have many drones. I will buy many more in the future. I will never buy a Yuneec drone again. No grid waypoint flights? Pay to unlock to fly in places the FAA clears me to fly? Screw them to ****!!!

It is illegal to shut of the functionality of a unit after it has been sold. Yuneec SUCKS bigtime. I bought two of these with the expectation that they would fulfill their advertised promises for an entire slew of things. It cannot even fly without paying someone to be unlocked now!
I have many drones. I will buy many more in the future. I will never buy a Yuneec drone again. No grid waypoint flights? Pay to unlock to fly in places the FAA clears me to fly? Screw them to ****!!!
What functionality are you referring to?

The only systems sold by Yuneec that do not have NFZ from the factory are the H520 and the H520e.

NFZ removal on the other systems is a one time deal and then you do not have to deal with getting permission like with other big name companies.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis