Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Nice morning

Reaction score
Instead of waiting I actually walked to the park carrying the h backpack for the 1st time ever thanks to a cortisone shot.
Awesome flight with a bird that is beautiful to watch. I am extremely happy because I am happy to fly
the h knowing it's not foldable. If yuneec were to make a new recreational drone it would have to be foldable. Thoughts?

Reactions: GILBERTO MORA
Mmhhh...i don't believe that Yuneec will made any new drone, this after last failures with Breeze and Mantis.
Its market is oriented on professional big birds like H520 and Tornado H920.
I don't know how is the market situation there in USA, but here in Europe it's completely blocked by the new regulations that made this hobby too expensive with limited options about places where to fly.
All manufacturers are moving towards small models weighing less than 250 gr, unlicensed pilotable, foldable or not, just trying to stay afloat.
Sales in the last 12 months have plummeted, not just because of covid...
Also all forums here are almost desert.

I don't think they have any intentions
either. I was happy to see that the fimi mini beat out dji mini 2 on the best pocket drones to let another Co. become a player. Yuneec would have to come with something better.

I think their next step will be on developing multicopters for deliveries of packages or materials or even for civil use such as Flying Taxis. Progress is moving in this direction.
Yuneec is one of the biggest companies for electric aviation, they already produce electric aircrafts, the next step is easy, due to their experience.

I believe that is the way of all future drone heavies. I only put this up because of medical problems which most folks on here are aware of, really was the first long flight in the park since last fall. literally last fall there and took it easy. I enjoyed the bird so much after a long delay and I felt relieved to say the least. Now the heat.[emoji2957][emoji857]
That's also the 1st timeI walked the half block without putting it in the car.
[emoji4]

Last edited:
. . . . . If Yuneec were to make a new recreational drone it would have to be foldable. Thoughts?

Considering the timeframe (roughly 2016) when the Typhoon H was released - it really should be considered one of the first successfully sold - folding drones. During that period the mainstay in the Drone world was the Phantom line which of course, did not fold any portion to reduce it's size while the Typhoon could fold it's six arms greatly reducing it's total size for storage and carry.

I would like to think that Yuneec may, at some point, spring back into the market and produce a drone that is as forward-thinking and out-side the box as the Typhoon H was for it's day. . . . but I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Pocket foldable drones are the rage right now for sure, and DJI has pretty much dominated that market till now. As mentioned above, Yuneec tried and failed in that category so I would not expect them to try that again, but I could be wrong. My point was that; where Yuneec made significant headway into the drone market was when they did NOT follow what was 'all the rage'.

If Yuneec makes a comeback (and I doubt it), they will not do it by trying to 'one-up' DJI in a market niche that they (DJI), created. Personally I think that 'niche' market is already oversaturated and bloated - DJI is about to release the Mini SE for under 300 bucks, these are basically the original Mini repackaged and sold at a price that will ensure anyone who wants a cheap drone will have access.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal