Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Night Photo / Video

Reaction score
May, for the first time, attempt getting fireworks video tonight, from afar!
Hovering away from crowds / people!!
Question to the photo/video experts - What would be the best camera settings for attempting this?
Flying the H Plus with C23 camera.

If you want to capture the color in the bursts, set the camera so street lights just barely glow. Run 4K video for the entire flight and pull frames of the best for stills.

Hoping I can put mine up tonight, but last night they were shooting fireworks in the field I planned on using. Will probably have to scrap my plans. :mad:

So what ISO, Shutter and EV would you set it at? "Barely glow" is variable.

May, for the first time, attempt getting fireworks video tonight, from afar!
Hovering away from crowds / people!!
Question to the photo/video experts - What would be the best camera settings for attempting this?
Flying the H Plus with C23 camera.

If shooting video, the same basic rules apply in dark conditions; pick a frame rate, usually 24 or 30 (here in the states) then set the shutter at twice that rate. Aperture is fixed, so all that is left to change the exposure - is ISO. Start as low as you you can and pick a value as mentioned above by Doom, where the street lights and ground are barely visible then adjust until your happy. As the ISO rises you will eventually get graininess.

If it were me I would break one 'rule' and run the shutter and frame rate the same interval such as FPS/Shutter, 30-30, this will give the light more time on the sensor and allow for a little lower ISO but if you're moving, the will be more motion blur but if the ground is dimmed anyway you'll get the best shots, I would tend to do very little movement and only during periods where the fireworks are at their brightest. I've shot at 30, 30 during the daytime and the effect is very good, colors are as rich as they can possibly be.

Reactions: Trav H and AH-1G
A guy posted a vid over in the Mavic Pilots Forum taken with a drone flying into the air bursts.....really different perspective of a fireworks display. It’s actually pretty cool, when the burst is behind the drone and the sparks fly out in front of it....

Thanks for the reply's and advice. Some good advice that may be used another day.
Unfortunately the flight last night didn't happen.
Weather here in central FL was not favorable to flying, light rain most of the evening.

Yea it sucked, heard a few pops and bangs here and there, and to much moisture in the air too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval