Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No fly nonsense

What apps are you using????

Personally, I use the FAA B4UFly and UAV Forecast. I have no reason to think the FAA is not on top of things.
In UK I've briefly used Airmap, uav forecast and b4UFly, others off the playstore, lots of discrepancies, some say glider strips nearby, others not, fire stations and other buildings which have closed for years.

@Orville,

With the changes that have been put into effect, if your runway(airstrip) lies in Class G airspace there is no longer any distance requirement nor advance notice requirement for a person to fly a sUAS in the vicinity of it. Their only responsibility is to fly safely, not exceed 400 feet AGL, and give right of way to any manned aircraft.

Were I myself going to fly in your area, I would attempt communication with you to give you a heads up on my intentions. I would also check the sectional chart for the area, consider the prevailing wind at the time, and take into account how an aircraft using your field would approach or depart the area, and give more attention to that area in spotting traffic.

B4UFly is known to have many errors. Plus it still reflects the old Section 336 rules (notification within 5 miles, etc.). In addition it is intended soley for Section 336/349 recreational use, it is not a Part 107 tool.

Kittyhawk will be taking over for AirMap to provide the service, so hopefully it will improve.

B4UFly and AirMap shared a lot of commonality as the info provided was frequently wrong, and still is. The FAA loves using bully or scare tactics and causing people to steer clear of anything that might even smell of aviation is to their benefit. For them a safe flight condition only exists when nothing can fly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus
Has the FAA acknowledged their app as being out of date or containing wrong or misleading information?

FAA tactics don’t bother me, it’s the info they put forth. Bad information is something that can be used in a lawsuit.

Yes, page 2 of the opening screen notes there are new rules and that an updated app is coming.

As far as outright errors, no they don't admit those. But it is well documented in the drone community.

Gentlemen thanks for helping Stan out, but I think Patr was right on the money when he said if the button is on the Home switch the bird won't start. Remember, the Angle and Home are close to each other that, it can be mistakenly switched.

Gentlemen thanks for helping Stan out, but I think Patr was right on the money when he said if the button is on the Home switch the bird won't start. Remember, the Angle and Home are close to each other that, it can be mistakenly switched.
Is this 100% proved?

I doubt anything will ever be proven but a very common error among those with new systems in a hurry to fly is having the mode switch in the Home/RTH position. All to frequently people will yank everything out of the box, install batteries and props to run out the door and fly it without reading any of the instructions.

I’ve come to view threads from new users where the first post initiates a rant about a product’s failure to perform as having a high probability of being caused by procedural errors that were user induced. When the OP disappears after being provided the ops info they had in their unread manual or Quick Start Guide we might view that sudden absence as embarrassment after finding out the problem was on their part, not the system’s.

People don’t like admitting when they are wrong and in all candor, full scale pilots are some of the worst in that respect. Being a pilot and associating with many over the years has only reinforced that view. The only groups worse are attorneys, doctors, and engineers.

I doubt anything will ever be proven but a very common error among those with new systems in a hurry to fly is having the mode switch in the Home/RTH position. All to frequently people will yank everything out of the box, install batteries and props to run out the door and fly it without reading any of the instructions.

I’ve come to view threads from new users where the first post initiates a rant about a product’s failure to perform as having a high probability of being caused by procedural errors that were user induced. When the OP disappears after being provided the ops info they had in their unread manual or Quick Start Guide we might view that sudden absence as embarrassment after finding out the problem was on their part, not the system’s.

People don’t like admitting when they are wrong and in all candor, full scale pilots are some of the worst in that respect. Being a pilot and associating with many over the years has only reinforced that view. The only groups worse are attorneys, doctors, and engineers.
I dislike smart mode, so thats one of the first switches I check. In a way the EU firmware slow connection is an advantage in you can have another look over everything, I suppose when you time the whole process of turning on ST16, taking out copter etc etc, it's 15/20 minutes to get in the air. Thats not everyones cup of tea,

This goes along with what I have seen on a few FB posts. Between 3 different people they are saying that they have each gotten 3 to 4 defective H+ aircraft. 10 bad aircraft between 3 people. Not even Yuneec's QA/QC is that poor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval