Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No fly parks Tucson AZ and 1 Flyable

Reaction score
Took a drive today to a few of the parks here in Tucson as nothing on the website confirmed no fly areas of course these parks offer some of the most beautiful footage if you could fly there but alas no you are not allowed So here we go some visual confirmation. 20190509_162940_HDR.jpeg20190509_162623_HDR.jpeg20190509_162513.jpeg20190509_184943.jpeg

Took a drive today to a few of the parks here in Tucson as nothing on the website confirmed no fly areas of course these parks offer some of the most beautiful footage if you could fly there but alas no you are not allowed So here we go some visual confirmation. View attachment 16488View attachment 16489View attachment 16490View attachment 16491
The last one Christopher Columbus Park is okay to fly at they have 3 rc pads for tether planes ive gone several times to fly my drone there is usually noone there flying unless you go on a weekend was looking for something closer which is why I was checking out other areas. There is also The Gregory school soccer field it is open to the public people take their dogs there but haven't flown it yet just listed as a possible. Also there is the Rillito Race horse race track can't fly on the infield as far as I know but the surrounding parking lot should be usuable downside its halfway across town and the traffic is terrible also alot of houses surrounding the area from what I could tell via google maps. Tucson has not made it easy to fly legally at all. On a good note if your interested in flying on Mt. Lemmon on the way up using airmap pretty much everything on the right is flyable I stopped in and talked to the park rangers at Palisades visitor center and verified legal fly areas even bought a map of the mountain to reference against the airmap app so far so good. I have one video on YouTube by darksidemazda or just google Yuneec Mantis Mount Lemmon im still learning so footage is not Great but wanted to show how pretty it is up there. Hope this info helps someone and maybe get ideas from others on where to fly around here.

You can fly over the parks as long as you're standing on public streets.
The problem is you can't fly if your standing in the park.
We have the same issue here in Florida.

The last one Christopher Columbus Park is okay to fly at they have 3 rc pads for tether planes

They allow control line planes at that park, not RC of any kind. Fly at your own risk there.

Over here in California RC planes have been banned in most Orange County Parks for decades.

FWIW, I went to the UofA. I flew RC at the Catalina RC club off Ina Road at the old dump. Nothing there when I flew there, In the middle of town now!!

My son and I has an ongoing project called “California Adventure” Here’s our story.

The California Adventure

You will be surprised, with making calls or asking.

Reactions: AZflyer83
Be aware that it an AMA club flying site. As such they will require AMA membership to fly there.
Ah well if it seems worth it I might be interested itll depend on drive time, price etc. But still good to know the options I know of one of those out on houghton near the Tucson Speedway way to far and membership was kinda pricey.

Man, that sucks. Here in Virginia, there is a state code stating that no local government can place restrictions on people flying drones. It's legal everywhere, except in state and federal parks.

I miss that side of the world im originally from South Carolina id have tons of places to fly there Virginia is beautiful glad they didn't restrict flying there.

Man, that sucks. Here in Virginia, there is a state code stating that no local government can place restrictions on people flying drones. It's legal everywhere, except in state and federal parks.
We have that in Michigan also, but my county legislators feel they are exempt from state law and banned flying in our county parks. I’ll be joining the fight when I return to Genesee County in a few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers