Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No response to rudder (yaw) demand

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well a gap in the rain, my H is for sale so I took it out to make sure all was ok, as you do.
I discovered that I had no response to the left stick in regard to yaw (rudder).
I have posted a video on youtube showing my ST16 and its settings.
Any advice would be appreciated.

recalibrate all your controls, also you may want to clean your sticks.

Clean sticks “BEFORE” you do the calibration.

Edit:

I just watched your video and Channel Settings is not the place to check your stick response!!! Use the Hardware monitor to do that!!!

I’m not sure how you exited Channel Settings, but if you didn’t cancel J2 from the screen you were on you may have just mixed it into your throttle settings!!!!

I’m not trying to be harsh, but there have been so many that crashed their TH by inadvertently changing throttle settings by doing what you just did.

0F8540BA-7E57-445F-88CB-B1F7D7CB2F27.jpeg
Throttle/Ch1 is the first screen displayed when Channel Settings is opened. If you touch anything on the left other than J1 or B1 you can mix that into the throttle control with disastrous effects. Check yours and if J2 shows lit here be sure to deactivate it on this screen!!!

B5B57A72-BB06-4DE3-BEE9-240CC118A0FE.jpeg
To check yaw properly in Channel Settings you need to tap ‘Rud/Ch4’ on the right half of the screen. This places you in the screen for controlling aircraft yaw.

44FCADFC-A4EA-4BD3-B946-D7654EF546E3.jpeg
Pressing J2, then Edit puts you to this screen where you can monitor the stick response. To exit without saving just use the back button on the ST-16.

@mcbutler be sure that J2 is not mixed into your Throttle output! I can’t express this strongly enough!!!

Last edited:
I notice you went into the channel settings menu to check performance. That may work under very controlled circumstances, but it is not something I would recommend. It is much safer to use the "Hardware Monitor" under "systems settings",
Please be aware you may have more that one problem now. You may have mixed your Yaw and Throttle channels. You had already taken the first fours steps to mix these channels in the video. The video ended before showing if you pressed the final, fatal button. Be cautious on your first flight. Be aware that mixed channels DO NOT show as mixed on "hardware monitor". They can be seen to some extent on the quick channel check screen that appears if you rapid press the battery icon a few times. Channels 1 and 4 are throttle and yaw.

Mainly, it looks like you just need to clean or exercise the sticks for a while. There are lots of threads that go into more advanced cleaning, and securing loose Pots. I think I would start with a minute or two just stirring the sticks around.
The "Secret Calibration Menu" is a place you want to stay out of if there is any sign of actual wear or debris on the control pot, and your video shows exactly those signs.
If you insist on shooting yourself in the foot, at least use a reliable video, such as this one:
"
"

Reactions: DoomMeister
@mcbutler,
I apologize. I clicked "like" without realizing you included "calibration". I do truly hope the best results for you, but do not wish to imply use of the calibration menu is safe or desirable, as you did not specify the issue was first completely corrected by the spray and stirring of the sticks.

Yep, ya gotta clean the pots before calibration. If you calibrate before cleaning, any offset that was induced via a dirty pot becomes the new center point, leaving you with throw offsets in yaw control. More for one direction, less for the other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix