Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No take off, prop. start on a Typhoon H with added realsence

Reaction score
Help! I'm just getting this bird back together. The RC and camera are binded, ST16 shows telemitry but when I push the red button I get no prop start and no lift off. The wifi from the camera connects and shows video. What am I over looking? When I go through and and check the switches on the st16 all controls work as they should. Strange thing is it all worked and flew before I stored it for a month or two.

Help! I'm just getting this bird back together. The RC and camera are binded, ST16 shows telemitry but when I push the red button I get no prop start and no lift off. The wifi from the camera connects and shows video. What am I over looking? When I go through and and check the switches on the st16 all controls work as they should. Strange thing is it all worked and flew before I stored it for a month or two.
On the bright side, it's a good thing that it didn't lift off without a prop start! Then you'd really have questions.

Vic

@Vic: Made my day. ROFL.

@Dmd56: Did you got a GPS fix? I think not. There are circunstances where it is neccessary to reload the almanac by the GPS chip (an almanac is valid with little dilution of precision for up to two weeks). This may take up to 15min. The almanac will be transmitted every 12,5min.
Another eason may be that the support battery on the GPS chip was decharged. It is chargeable and this needs time too. It will be charged if the copter is powered on. Download almanac is mantadory after that.

Summary: Let it sit powered on for 15-20min in a free area where GPS signal is good. Then check again.

br HE

Along with what h-elsner says, check the function of the motor start button in the hardware monitor to ensure it is functioning properly as I noticed you said it has sat idle for a month or two.

Most likely one of the suggestions above. If not:
1.) Does the camera respond to pan and tilt commands from the controller?
2.) What color is the rear LED? Is it steady or flashing.
3.) What satellite count do you have?
If you can upload a picture of your controller, showing the telemetry and switch positions, it would be helpful.

Thanks Guy's, The buttons are responding normal on the monitor test. yes the camera pans tilts and shows video. It shows 12 satellites.
It shows a light blue and a green rear indicator. I did get the communication and the red button worked, BUT! I keep getting a 5 motor error please land quickly. Where did that come from?

Attachments

• 20191210_150624.jpg
    20191210_150624.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 20191210_150610.jpg
    20191210_150610.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 29
  • 20191210_150307.jpg
    20191210_150307.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 29
If you have a green light on the Main LED you are in Smart Mode and not Angle Mode (purple).
If the props are not installed you will get 5 rotor mode after a few seconds.

You will need to upload the contents of the ST16 "Flightlog" directory. It is easier to zip up the entire directory as one file, and providing the entire directory gives the best chance of finding your answer. I will be away for several hours, but much better reviewers are on line, and may be able to help.

Hook the aircraft up to the GUI and test the motors individually and then all at once.

With power off spin each prop with your finger. You should feel a light pulsing as you do so. They should all spin easily without any spots where more force is needed to move through a full rotation.

Well i'm showing my lack of knowledge here, what is a GUI? I would like to try the motors individually.

awesome thanks for the input. I got lucky..... kinda sorta. I set it farther out in the yard and sure enough 1 motor would start and ust as quickly shut down,( I think it's electrical) but before I do I'm going to try the GUI thing.
Again thanks for all your assistance.

When you install the GUI program, be sure to run it as Administrator.

@Vic: Made my day. ROFL.

@Dmd56: Did you got a GPS fix? I think not. There are circunstances where it is neccessary to reload the almanac by the GPS chip (an almanac is valid with little dilution of precision for up to two weeks). This may take up to 15min. The almanac will be transmitted every 12,5min.
Another eason may be that the support battery on the GPS chip was decharged. It is chargeable and this needs time too. It will be charged if the copter is powered on. Download almanac is mantadory after that.

Summary: Let it sit powered on for 15-20min in a free area where GPS signal is good. Then check again.

br HE

That is very interesting.
I have never heard this before. Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval