Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No wind drifting like crazy?

Reaction score
GPS is on, No wind, 20 sats, at 30 feet or 5 feet the H facing me will drift to its right. angle mode, all sticks in the blue or default, will rebinding help? I have done a complete rebind with the H and the camera so new refreshed setup Ill let you know how it goes once the battery is charged :)

Last edited:
Mine did that when I first flew it. I had already calibrated the compass, but I did it again and it cleared it up.

Reactions: Gregbebs
Mine did that when I first flew it. I had already calibrated the compass, but I did it again and it cleared it up.

Well I just figured out how to get the telemetry files and show shows several areas of GPS False! so it looks like I had a issue with gps connection, thats my fear about the stock antennas, I stand near and fly close to the houses. I need a strong GPS hook. I do not know how to get to the file that shows what Yuneec needs to see on if the operator turned off GPS or it just failed. would love to see that!

Oh everything was done compass calibration, and accel calibration etc

If your H was flying fine before on previous flights and now is drifting, then something has changed. This can be due to a poor compass calibration since the last time you flew or change in the software/firmware. The fix is the obvious compass calibration.... However, If none of the above has occurred and all was well before, then what you see is the H adjusting itself between magnetic north and the GPS. If you fly the H left, right, back and front for a minute or so at an altitude above the trees (so it gets the Sats on the horizon and is far from any interference), it should reconfigure itself and then go back to as it was before and hover nice and still.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
If your H was flying fine before on previous flights and now is drifting, then something has changed. This can be due to a poor compass calibration since the last time you flew or change in the software/firmware. The fix is the obvious compass calibration.... However, If none of the above has occurred and all was well before, then what you see is the H adjusting itself between magnetic north and the GPS. If you fly the H left, right, back and front for a minute or so at an altitude above the trees (so it gets the Sats on the horizon and is far from any interference), it should reconfigure itself and then go back to as it was before and hover nice and still.

thank you for the info, Ill give that a go in a bit :)

Interesting post CD. I too have noted that a first takeoff around some tall fences in an enclosed yard that there is a bit of "wander" but after a few minutes up at 35 or 40 ft. (10-15 meters) or so the whole thing settles right down and when I bring it down for angle mode landing it has a much smaller wander footprint.

GPS is on, No wind, 20 sats, at 30 feet or 5 feet the H facing me will drift to its right. angle mode, all sticks in the blue or default, will rebinding help? I have done a complete rebind with the H and the camera so new refreshed setup Ill let you know how it goes once the battery is charged :)

Well that seemed to do the trick for now did the whole backyard , will do the front of the house in a bit and then and then figure out how to map it out on a cable cam route so its nice and smoooooooth

Be careful with CCC mode, altitude can flucuate a lot! (±20-30ft). Plus GPS position is only accurate to about 10ft at best. What works fine in the last flight, might not be as good in the next one. Don't ask me how I know ;). Haven't had any crashes, but have had some close calls.

Mine did this to me once and it made me rather nervous at the time. Simple fix, put it on a level surface and recalibrate the accelerometer, do the gimble too whilst you are at it. I use a spirit level to make sure it is correct. Take it out and then recalibrate the compass. You'll find it to be steady as a rock again. Hope this helps.

Reactions: sabrewalt
Mine did this to me once and it made me rather nervous at the time. Simple fix, put it on a level surface and recalibrate the accelerometer, do the gimble too whilst you are at it. I use a spirit level to make sure it is correct. Take it out and then recalibrate the compass. You'll find it to be steady as a rock again. Hope this helps.

I did and it seems to have settled down. I wiped out all the settings and did a new model and complete new rebind. I also learned allot about winds up/down force flying near buildings and trees, So abit smarter pilot as well :) thank you for the reply

Reactions: abinder

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval