Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Not sure why so many bash the camera

Reaction score
Here is a video of the Southshore Park in The Woodlands, TX. There are a couple of scenes that the exposure is blown out, but I am happy with the way it turned out. I really wish that I had purchased the nd filters...I think it would of come out even better. I had everything on manual. I did minimal correction in post.

ive had mine just 2 days starting to get to grips with it ive found nd filters do make a big difference so glad my polar pros from my q500 4k fit :)

Reactions: Wileytrigger21
Here is a video of the Southshore Park in The Woodlands, TX. There are a couple of scenes that the exposure is blown out, but I am happy with the way it turned out. I really wish that I had purchased the nd filters...I think it would of come out even better. I had everything on manual. I did minimal correction in post.
You'll find that some people are not satisfied with anything my friend!, And expect a $4,000 camera on a $1,300-2,000 sUAS!:rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't find the camera to be bad like people make it out to be (not talking about some with focus issues). Sure a little exposed if you don't adjust the settings or use a filter on those bright days. But I too think it shoots nice.

You'll find that some people are not satisfied with anything my friend!, And expect a $4,000 camera on a $1,300-2,000 sUAS!:rolleyes:
I don't agree, typhoon should be classified same grade as dji P4, at least the camera must be close to or equal quality to P4 standard

Last edited:
Reactions: Markinter
i don't agree at all !!!!!!!!!!!!
1. some users got a bad camera due to the bad control quality service of yuneec, and some got a correct camera
2. my lumix g7 provide perfect videos and cost only 600.00 €

Draw your own conclusions

Reactions: Markinter
i don't agree at all !!!!!!!!!!!!
1. some users got a bad camera due to the bad control quality service of yuneec, and some got a correct camera
2. my lumix g7 provide perfect videos and cost only 600.00 €

Draw your own conclusions
Now add a gimbal to work with the Lumix.

The gimbal is better and more versatile than the P4. Seems like every time I head north it is too windy for Phantoms to even fly let alone land. Thanks to CC I've learned some valuable tips on getting good video, but am far from knowing enough.

And for anyone that keeps track, the P4 had some major camera issues so it ain't perfect either.

I am very happy with the H, it's a pleasure to fly and maybe I am lucky but the results are pretty good.

No you did not compare, once you compare you will see the difference, at first I tell myself the video is good like yours and I am happy with the H but the almost same price with P4 but the quality is not the same

No you did not compare, once you compare you will see the difference, at first I tell myself the video is good like yours and I am happy with the H but the almost same price with P4 but the quality is not the same

I did full research with P4 files in my FCPX editing system and there was very little difference between the P4 and the H. The H won the day for its 6 rotors with redundancy and reputedly good customer service, as opposed to DJI's historical indifference to customers. A bad experience with a Phantom in the early days of RTF means no more DJI for me.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Ummmm... Goh. Every post you make is complaining about something. I am truly sorry if you got a bad H. If i were you I'd cut my loses and move on to the dji pilots forum.
Sorry your demands is low, at first I choose between H and P4 I thought the quality is about the same , but I chosen H now what can I do

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
I did full research with P4 files in my FCPX editing system and there was very little difference between the P4 and the H. The H won the day for its 6 rotors with redundancy and reputedly good customer service, as opposed to DJI's historical indifference to customers. A bad experience with a Phantom in the early days of RTF means no more DJI for me.
To you is bad experience with the customer service but to have a aerial photography drone the video quality is not important?

The people that are happy with their need to understand that others aren't and there's a reason. People that aren't satisfied with their cameras aren't telling you to be unsatisfied. Just as happy camera folk get annoyed by hearing the complaints, the people that post their camera is great and others are just whining and have unreal expectations is also annoying. Just because that's your experience with your H doesn't mean it's everyone's experience. You're completely discounting other people's real experience. Nobody expects $6000 camera and it's ridiculous to suggest that. What people do expect is reasonable and that is what was advertised and stated by reps. The camera should be at least on par with P4. The fact dji had issues is irrelevant. Congratulations if you got a good focused camera some/many didn't. I understand some users don't have much experience and aren't optimising techniques for getting best possible images from the H. There are issues with many of the cameras. In my case I have a P3P and P4. I fly the H because I love flying it. When I film something important like wedding or commercial stuff I'm using the phantoms and that doesn't make me happy. I really want the H to be great and for certain things it is but in "my" experience the camera isn't up to par.

Reactions: sdharris and Goh
I think that there are enough good examples of H camera quality around to allow those with a bad camera to send it back and get a replacement. YouTube is packed with H steady and sharp videos.

I have had my share of lemons over the years. If I had a bad H with unacceptable quality it would go back to Yuneec with a demand for a copy that comes up to the demonstrated standard achievable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval