Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

November competition - Theme: Colors

Early morning Bingen, Washington on the shore of the Columbia River. No filters, crops or other post processing. Video setting set to 4k, still shot in "Normal" with manual WB, ISO 150, 1/60, sunrise/sunset. The early morning light generates rich colors.

Love the depth and intensity of colours in these Pat. As you have said, "the early morning light generates rich colors"

Reactions: Nuance
Two reasons not to use "Auto" mode.

A couple from this morning, shot within 10 seconds of each other during the same flight, same place, just rotating the H 180*. Time was roughly 06:40 AM with dawn just breaking. The full daylight picture is a 1 second time lapse, so please excuse the blurring. Both with video set to 4k but using camera, not video. Gorgeous mode, Sunrise/Sunset with WB locked after aiming at the reflecting water. The sunrise is ISO 150 at 1/50sec, no filter, no post or touch up. Without the clouds there would have been little color. I've been trying to get this shot for the last 6 days and had either no clouds preventing color or too many clouds blocking the light. The second is also ISO 150 but with a 1 second shutter and no alterations at all. The buildings and distant objects were actually still mostly in darkness.

eVf3khf.jpg

hTKXyjP.jpg

I thought the flags were colorful. Used an ND16 CPL filter with the camera set on Raw. Used Power Director 15 for post processing. Not real pleased with Power Director. It did not perform well on my more-than-adequate-for-video-editing computer which made it unnecessarily difficult to get everything right. I haven't played with it very much yet so maybe it's me. Oh, and it was really windy...

These are all very nice!
Here's mine... just a short video using locked WB, locked Exposure and some colour correction in Apple Motion 5... mostly contrast/brightness as well as saturation boost. This was also aftering sharpening my lens.

There's some great imagery depicting colors in this thread but I'm kind of miffed one guy drops in, posts two photographs, and blows everyone out of the water. Nice work Nuance;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ergon and Nuance
There's some great imagery depicting colors in this thread but I'm kind of miffed one guy drops in, posts two photographs, and blows everyone out of the water. Nice work Nuance;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks PatR!

I'm a hobbyist photographer in the UK and i love the Typhoon H and the images that come from it. Thanks for the comment! :)

The other images and videos are great too! I love seeing where people live in the world and the different perspectives.

Reactions: Chilcotin
Don't forget - less than a week to get out and make the most of the Autumn colour and light..

I thought the flags were colorful. Used an ND16 CPL filter with the camera set on Raw. Used Power Director 15 for post processing. Not real pleased with Power Director. It did not perform well on my more-than-adequate-for-video-editing computer which made it unnecessarily difficult to get everything right. I haven't played with it very much yet so maybe it's me. Oh, and it was really windy...

I like that. Beautiful property.
The way it was presented and with that music was kind of eerie, or chilling. That ND16 darkness with the leaves blowing.......nice
Will try ND16 for that mood. Cheers

Reactions: Ergon
One of the lovely things about the H, once you start learning how to use the camera settings and shoot a few bracket photos, there's generally little need to perform much color correction in post. Sure, there's always someone that feels a need to increase saturation to create a different "mood" but for the most part it just isn't necessary to come up with a very nice image straight off the SD card. That fails to mention the quality of the gimbal, which effectively dampens the effects of yaw, speed and directional changes, and wind gusts. The scene lengths can be longer and maintain better continuity with the H than with some other systems simply because you don't need to edit so much out to remove the disturbed horizons caused by an inadequate gimbal. Go fast or go slow, the H gimbal handles them all with ease.

Reactions: Nuance
There are lots of super images here including stunning autumn leaf colours. Well done to all.:)
This is the most colourful image I've taken this month. Panorama sunset from video 3.jpg
Settings; Video pan, Gorgeous, stock filter. Converted to jpeg using Microsoft ICE. Cropped and contrast increased in Photoshop elements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval