Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Obstacle Avoidance

Reaction score
Each time I flip the swithc for the Obstacle Avoidance I keep getting an error and failed to start.

Is there somewhere on the ST16 that I need to look at to see why thisis going on. By not having it work, limits some of the areas I want to grab some video from.

Sonar or realsense? If RS, is it enabled in the st16?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I get that error all the time, ever since I updated to the latest and I guess last firmware. It’s annoying but doesn’t seem to effect anything except that I have to hit the previous key on the st16 to clear the error. I’ve used the obstacle avoidance and indeed it does work even tho it does initially give the error.

Hello All,
I just received my H. I have been flying a DJI Phantom for a few years and decided to upgrade. I chose the Yuneec Typhoon H. With all the new bells and whistles, I had to at least unbox and try as much as I could. 60 mph winds on the East coast of the US are keeping me grounded for now.
Straight from the box, all of the latest updates were installed already. No new updates to perform on the H or the ST+. The controller and drone were bound at the factory. Turned everything on and studied lights. Everything worked as described. Equipped with RealSense.
Then I found the "Wizard." So I bound the wizard to the H and entered "Team" mode. Again, using the wizard, everything was as described in the literature.
So today I took out the H and much to my disappointment, none of the lights were right, and I kept getting a warning telling me RealSense was not active and to restart the drone if RealSense is installed. All I could get was a flashing blue light on the LED status light. Everything I tried is not as important as what I learned. I had to take the H out of "Team" mode, and reset to single mode. Basically, I think it "unpairs" the H from the Wizard and automatically re-binds to the ST16 controller. Once done, all LED status lights returned to normal. more especially the warnings about RealSense stopped.
So if you have used the Wizard, this may be a simple solution for the OBS avoid and RealSense not installed warnings.

I know its a couple of months old thread, but i need to tell my experience with obstacle avoidance in my Typhoon H (no RS)with latest firmware from factory.
-OA is working only in Angle mode.Landing gear down or up, its the same.Doesnt take account about copter's height, Its working from 0.1 m.
-When in Smart modes ,if i hit the OA switch then the copter just stops moving and starts hovering in place, I get OA error message and no matter what control stick i give, it will not responce.I have to switch off OA to be able to take control back.

I contacted with Yuneec service center in Germany and they replied that this is correct and that OA is now working only in Angle mode.

I never using the OA in all my aircrafts,but some times i found that OA in Smart mode(watch me) can be usefull...

I didn’t see your original post when it first published. If you had bound to the wizard on the previous flight it can unpair” when it’s shut down and you have to re-bind to something at the next power up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430