Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OK... I was considering buying and using a Breeze as a trainer drone ...Or hold out and buy a Typhoon H

I know that road. It got ugly.

As we age it seems it’s more difficult for us to process large volumes of information as fast as we used to. I’ve noticed it most in my driving as I’ve reduced my speeding to only 10-15mph over the speed limit instead of the 25-30mph it used to be. Quite a bit cheaper now... Unless it’s a freeway, in which case it’s full tilt boogie[emoji56]

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one. Sadly, I caught myself saying something like "those young hooligans are driving like a bat out of hades...." Or something like that :eek:

For me the mindset is not hobbyist but work related, I think that alone brings a different ethic in how one thinks about the training. I have no want/need to push any envelope. I understand the argument, but there is another argument. When we learned to ride bikes we used training wheels first to lower the learning curve. In owning a farm there is not a lot of time to fly for fun or do much else just for fun. I do have a couple of friends that got Mavics(as hobbyist) when they first came out as their first drone. They have not crashed yet. I will have them to assist me in my learning curve. I mentioned to my daughters I was considering buying a drone. So I may get one for Christmas considering the interest they seemed to have........................OR, it could be just to throw me off track, LOL!!! But I doubt it would be a Typhoon H anyways.

Checking fences, crops, and remote areas is pretty mundane stuff and if I can map out the routine areas for an automatic flight path, there would be little flying on my part anyway. This is all for efficiency. IN the meantime I am looking at the FAA commercial pilots guidelines for my own knowledge base.

I went straight in for the TH never flown before not even seen anyone fly a drone picked up all my learning on Utube never had any problem no crashes at all may hours of flying UNTILL SUDDENLY THE H DROPED OUT OF THE SKY apparently there is a fault in some batteries overheating melting soldered contacts resulting in total power loss according to posts on this forum, my dilemma now is do I spend £500 repairing the damage and risk it happening again.

3 weeks since he's been seen, but here it goes...

You know, I had the same background as you... no RC experience at all, and had just ordered the H Pro... the difference is that I searched out and found this board, in September 2016. Didn't even join, but just lurked for about a month, reading and learning.

It was ridiculously valuable advice that was given by a member who is no longer here, which mirrored @DCH 's post above... get a cheap manual, and learn to fly by using microquad that can be abused without significant consequences. Thus, my H Pro sat in it's box for nearly a month.

Just like in a court of law, you need to back up your words with physical evidence... since you seem on the surface to be reluctant to provide that extra level of confirmation, there is little reason to give your words any real validity.

Here are my thoughts and actions..
I bought a Visuo Xs809 that I wanted to use as a trainer drone before buying a Breeze 4K. From there I wanted to move to a Typhoon because of the resolution. This was the recommendation given to me in the Breeze forum(buy something cheap to learn how to fly without the bells and whistles) and it sounded reasonable being new to drones. The first problem with this advice I see is this please correct me if I am wrong. Decent drones have the bells and whistles that stabilize the drone and make the learning curve shorter. I do not want to race but I want to ultimately use drones on an organic farm for inspection and spraying of crops, Checking the perimeter of the property (90 acres) and things like that. The Visuo is a toy and I understand that but it was hard to control (could never get it to hover properly using trim). If I bought the Breeze also that is a total of $200 invested that I could add another $300 to and buy a factory reconditioned Typhoon H with a CGO3+ camera. being a 6 prop machine with bells and whistles it would seem to be more stable which would lower the learning curve and be a more direct move toward an 8 prop agricultural workhorse unit that would be more similar in characteristics.

In my mind there is a relativity issue as well as a learning curve. I am not doing this for play, but to increase efficiency. I feel the basic operating skills needed for a hobbyist VS agriculture business is different. Also the modularity of the Typhoon H is attractive.

PLEASE!!! shoot holes in my thought process because I may have a blind side. THANK YOU!
From my perspective, it's more important to not waste money especially by throwing it out the window.

By that I mean you want to get a machine that does the job you want it to do but you have to make sure that your inexperience with that machine doesn't cause you to make mistakes that destroy that machine.

A few points is that the breeze doesn't have the all in one controller, gimbal and blade redundancy. Maybe you could find someone close that has an H to come show you the ropes and let you fly it.

Or you could go with the @Steve Carr approach and install wood magnets and learn how to repair every drone in the world! Couldn't resist giving Steve a hard time. By the way, how much are those wood magnets?

The Q-500’s aren’t that bad for their intended purpose, which is fairly beginner friendly. Too expensive for that class though.

Reactions: thoneter
I personally hate it when post are left open and the OP does not give the results of his/her initial inquiry.

I did end up buying a Breeze in like new condition for $75 locally & I bought a Typhoon H Pro with the Intel realsense, 4 batteries and a Venom 4 battery charger for $800 with less than an hour flight time also a local buy. It also came with a bunch of extra props.

I no longer lust....until I need a big agricultural drone to assist me in farm duties

Thanks for all the replies.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis