Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ooop. Lipo Charging Mistake.

Reaction score
So as we know the factory H batteries are 5400mah / 4s

I mistakenly charged them at 4.0 amp / 4s

Did I just ruin them or shorten their life?

You shouldn't charge the battery at more than 1C (1x capacity), which would be 5.4A. So 4A is well below the safe charging rate.

Hey, I know the feeling. My first TH, one of the first RealSense models sold, was only a week or so old in July when I stupidly let it run into a tree limb. That would not have done too much damage, but then it fell 10 feet onto a metal fence. Detached the cam and bent back both outer sides of the RS sensor panel.

With member help I repaired the gimbal myself, then called Yuneec. Told them straight out I crashed it. Sent it to Ontario and got it back 2 weeks later. Ticket said repaired RS Module, total cost out of pocket some 130 bucks. Repaired? Being skeptical I examined the RS Module. Brand new...

Hi i charge my Hs standard batteries i all ways at 4.0 amp with my Quattro 4x6 charger , no problem

At 4 amps you are still "slow" charging them. 5.4A is 1C for the stock H battery. 1C essentially works out to a 1 hour charge rate. 4A would be perfect for a 4000ma, or 4 amp battery. 4A is less than 1C for a 5400ma, or 5.4 amp battery.

Reactions: mcbutler
I have been re-charging my Batteries at 7 Amps. I have 3x Batteries with over 100 Flights on each of them. No problems and the Batteries are still going strong. Just as a Test, using a LiPo safety bag, I once charged a battery at 15 Amps. Nearly 3C, took about 15 minutes to fully charge, the battery did not even get warm. I don't think charging at 15 Amps is a good Idea but it worked OK. The most important thing for battery care is keeping them at 'storage' voltage when they are not being used. I tend to charge the batteries right before I use them, the rest of the time they are kept at 'storage' voltage (15.3v).

I have been re-charging my Batteries at 7 Amps. I have 3x Batteries with over 100 Flights on each of them. No problems and the Batteries are still going strong. Just as a Test, using a LiPo safety bag, I once charged a battery at 15 Amps. Nearly 3C, took about 15 minutes to fully charge, the battery did not even get warm. I don't think charging at 15 Amps is a good Idea but it worked OK. The most important thing for battery care is keeping them at 'storage' voltage when they are not being used. I tend to charge the batteries right before I use them, the rest of the time they are kept at 'storage' voltage (15.3v).
I like your style Andy, take no prisoners and charge them bad boys........ :)

Reactions: Jester
anyway I can recover a couple stock batteries that only fully charge to 1345ma? I've dicharged, balanced and done it all with the HiTech charger but cant get them up. Are they pooched?

Happens sometimes as we age...

Try one for a flight where you hold a hover about 6' off the ground until it hits 14.8v. Land, let the battery cool, and recharge at 5.4A. See what happens. If it takes less than 2000mA, it's done.

I love reading the high charge rate posts from people. I really get a kick out people that will take that info to the bank and use the method themselves, putting their money at risk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss