Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Other landing options?

Reaction score
I familiar with the land by throttle/red button and RTH-Land mode, but are those the only 2 options to auto-land?

Reason being if I'm near BLOS and need to land asap, I want to be able to autoland by push of a button (or GUI menu item), the drone would be too far away to do a proper manual land--so far I don't see an option (e.g. "auto land on current position"). Basically I want to auto-land without RTH (say landing 35ft away).

A land now or change home point (I know doesn't exists yet) would be incredibly helpful if one loses RF while manually landing. Hopefully Yuneec realizes this and adds it in the next firmware release (it should be easy as I've implemented it in my own custom systems).

Nope, That's the only two options, Many will tell you hand catch, but that still requires the throttle/red button, and with a H, not real smart !;)

Do not EVER push the red button until after the H is safely on the ground...unless you like fixing broken parts or replacing the aircraft. If you want to land, just pull down on the throttle and keep your fingers off the right stick, wherever it happens to be.

May have to put that to the test soon :)

This is easier and safer if their is two people for hand catching, if carried out on your own you have to be extremely careful in windy conditions, and seriously consider aborting your flight on personal safety grounds, whilst I have hand caught successfully and safely the dji phantom, yuneec Q500 4K, and now the typhoon H all safely hand caught, I certainly don't advocate this method of landing for everyone especially inexperienced pilots, and should only ever be attempted by experienced competent pilots, but personally for me as I have flown a lot from cliff top paths/ steep inclines and rough terrain areas this is sometimes the only way of capturing any video of that area you are in.

Whilst you can generally prop up level your case or backpack for take off from this, landing the same way is not a option due to down draft of the props and landing on such a small surface area, you stand a good chance of causing damage to your craft, broken props or worse.

Disclaimer.

STAY SAFE AND CONSIDER YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY FIRST & FOREMOST YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY !

I used to hand catch my p3p all the time but....I think its much safer to just land the H.. 2 extra choppers rotating plus if you tilt it the gps will fight you and try to maintain level flight by powering up the tilted side motors to compensate..! I know i discovered this with my q500

I used to hand catch my p3p all the time but....I think its much safer to just land the H.. 2 extra choppers rotating plus if you tilt it the gps will fight you and try to maintain level flight by powering up the tilted side motors to compensate..! I know i discovered this with my q500
I agree. I almost always hand catch my Phantoms (A P2V ans a P2V+) A habit I got into early on since the P2s would fall over on landing in anything more than a light breeze. However, the T-H has a larger footprint than the Phantoms so is far less likely to fall over on landing so far more safe to land on the ground. Further, like you, I think the T-H, although reasonable easy to hand catch, will still be more difficult than the Phantoms...so best to land on the ground unless circumstances demand otherwise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval