Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Overriding the height restrictions

Reaction score
I do a lot of ridge flying with my phantom and I often fly up side of hill at less than 120M AGL.

Local hills to me are around 500/600 meters high so the ability to switch off this is important.

i have heard it hinted that it might be possible, anyone know more. ?

I have checked the manual but unfortunately did not find anything regarding this. I believe it is possible to remove the restriction as in most countries there is no such restriction.

The 400ft limit can be changed.

Correct! According to Yuneec, you can change it... but not on the controller. You must do it via software, like we did back in the days of the Phantom 2.

There is a video from CES where Yuneec was asked if you can change it, and how can you change it. If people want me to link to it, let me know and I'll dig it up.

Reactions: henry acosta
I want to know what antennas I need to get to get more range.....
A patch antenna from Immersion RC would help. But as the Tx doesn't have diversity (ability to have a clover leaf and patch antenna) you would lose reception behind you and out to the sides.
Also a UHF kit from TBS would give you miles and miles of range, but that begs the question now with current regulations of what's the point.

There are most likely several, but that will be up to others to test and report back which one actually provides an improvement over the coming months. In the meantime you can do the same thing that is done with the DJI Phantom & Inspire drones and that is to just reflect the signal in and out with aluminum foil or tin foil spread behind the antenna. You can make such things out of cardboard.

IMPORTANT: These type of attachments do increase range, but they turn your controller into a very directional controller... must be facing direction of your drone.

41RipSRkFGL.jpg

Reactions: DroneClone
I saw that FPVLR.com has a yuneec range extension antenna solution, but I don't know how good it's. It replaces the the original antennas with its own but like the other solutions mentioned you get a directional solution.

Correct! According to Yuneec, you can change it... but not on the controller. You must do it via software, like we did back in the days of the Phantom 2.

There is a video from CES where Yuneec was asked if you can change it, and how can you change it. If people want me to link to it, let me know and I'll dig it up.

yes give us the link please

/\/\ax2206

There are most likely several, but that will be up to others to test and report back which one actually provides an improvement over the coming months. In the meantime you can do the same thing that is done with the DJI Phantom & Inspire drones and that is to just reflect the signal in and out with aluminum foil or tin foil spread behind the antenna. You can make such things out of cardboard.

IMPORTANT: These type of attachments do increase range, but they turn your controller into a very directional controller... must be facing direction of your drone.

View attachment 477
Ye ole' Windsurfer", work pretty good as you stated pointed dead on, for a few pennies!

Yuneec should have a GUI file you can down load and hook you H to to change the distance and altitude. I needed an RAR extractor to open it but it worked well

unfortunately I do not believe anything they say...........that is just me.... he said the word april......ha ha ha....somebody should play this back to yuneec.....

unfortunately I do not believe anything they say...........that is just me.... he said the word april......ha ha ha....somebody should play this back to yuneec.....
This is an old video as well. Carolina Dronz told me today they are getting a limited supply this week.

Were you or are you going to post a link for the software hack - I need to close the 20 foot fence, lower my max ceiling and distence - thanks Nick

Were you or are you going to post a link for the software hack - I need to close the 20 foot fence, lower my max ceiling and distence - thanks Nick
Software hack? Presently it's not a hack but a feature. You connect the ST16 to your PC and modify the software after accepting full responsibility for changing the default. The software to do this is provided by Yuneec according to SIMON (one of his latest videos).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval